Does this work? speed up ToC Start

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Does this work? speed up ToC Start

Postby andx » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:31 pm

Saw this on another site, a way to jump the start of ToC

"1. Start the instance.
2. Once the first group of 3 NOT BOSS Jousters come running at you, everyone zone out.
3. Zone back in together.
4. Only the main bosses should be left and un-mounted."

Does this work?
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Re: Does this work? speed up ToC Start

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Wiping or zoning out at any point before all three champions are grounded resets the entire event, you have to sit through the introductions all over again.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby andx » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:35 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Wiping or zoning out at any point before all three champions are grounded resets the entire event, you have to sit through the introductions all over again.

thats what i figured. I wish there was a way to speed up the start. TOO MUCH DIALOG
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby Marwan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 pm

The only way I've found to speed up the lorelol at the beginning is to start the event, and have 4 members of your group zone out, while 1 person says in.

Now instead of introducing 5 people he only introduces 1, cutting down the time by about a minute or two.
Marwan

Postby Koatanga » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:05 pm

I was in the instance starting things up when I was called out to help summon the other 3 people who apparently couldn't be bothered to get themselves to the instance they were LFG for. No one was in the instance since two of us were outside summoning the other 3. When we zoned back in, the champions and their adds were lined up waiting for us.

Bug? Behaving as intended? Who knows. I expected a reset since nobody was in there, but it didn't.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby gokuson » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

its 219 loot, blizz has to make you work for it. This new instance tests the player's ability to have patience. 11 Tries on normal and still no black heart. my GM huntard has seen it drop 5 times...
gokuson

Return to General Strats