Remove Advertisements

OOM on General Vezax

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: OOM on General Vezax

Postby Chicken » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:59 am

Dobbelsteen wrote:You call that an UI?
This is a real man's UI!
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3277/rogueui.jpg
Reminds me of the UI thread on my guild's forums. Suddenly it started making a lot more sense why some people always stood still in the fire.
Chicken

Postby Joanadark » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:40 am

OH. MY. GOD. MY. EYES.

Do people play on 10 inch monitors or something?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Auroris » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:25 pm

A real easy UI, looks the same in the raid as well! =3
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Amaranthea » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:48 am

I set a new record low for DTPS on Vezax(25) this week; taking 296,872 damage over a 4:36 kill for just under 1100 DTPS.

Mana sucks, even with 2/2 SA. At least our threat is high enough that we can hold aggro without running a full rotation :/

This thread also reminds me why it's a good idea to have "link a screenshot of your UI" as a question on your guild application.
Amaranthea

Postby Marwan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:04 am

Amaranthea wrote:This thread also reminds me why it's a good idea to have "link a screenshot of your UI" as a question on your guild application.

That's my favorite part of my guild application. It sparks pretty much instant conversation about even the littlest thing that someone spots.

A picture is worth a thousand words so they say.
Marwan

Postby Zothor » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Respecced 2/2 Spiritual Attument for Vezax hard mode tonight... still didn't have nearly enough mana. Sitting there oom, I'm trying to figure out how I can be getting zero mana from attunement because I'm on a dodge string, but also not getting mana from sanctuary...

I watched my scrolling combat text. Sanctuary was definitively on me, and definitely NOT giving mana returns.

Has anyone else encountered this bug? It really jacked up my DPS tonight, even though we managed to get him down.
Zothor

Postby Belloc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:12 am

Zothor wrote:Respecced 2/2 Spiritual Attument for Vezax hard mode tonight... still didn't have nearly enough mana. Sitting there oom, I'm trying to figure out how I can be getting zero mana from attunement because I'm on a dodge string, but also not getting mana from sanctuary...

I watched my scrolling combat text. Sanctuary was definitively on me, and definitely NOT giving mana returns.

Has anyone else encountered this bug? It really jacked up my DPS tonight, even though we managed to get him down.

I'm not sure if sanctuary ever really gave mana on this fight. I saw some people say that it did, but people say a lot of false things, so who knows.

Remember, your mana gains are supposed to be stifled on this fight. If BoS isn't granting mana, it's probably intentional. Drop consecrate from your rotation. Also, if you're willing to respec for the fight, might as well reglyph, too. Reduced cost ShoRs :)
Belloc

Postby Corpsicle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:52 am

On our last Vezax 10 man hard mode kill, I got 23,781 mana back from Blessing of Sanctuary and 47,487 mana back from Spiritual Attunement. Those were the only sources of mana the entire fight. The fight was 6min 11sec long.

On our last 10 man Steelbreaker last kill, I got back 23,944 mana from BoSanc and 38,390 mana back from Spiritual Attunement. I also got 22,164 mana back from Divine Plea and 1,677 mana back from Replenishment. The fight was 5min 52sec long.

For Iron Council I tanked Runemaster and Steelbreaker together while we killed Runemaster, would have had slightly higher mana returns there from tanking two mobs. That is likely why the return from BoSanc is slightly higher on the Iron Council fight, even though it was a bit shorter that the Vezax fight. Still, the numbers look reasonably comparable to me, nothing between the two fights to indicate Blessing of Sanctuary has had its mana returns lowered for the Vezax fight in any way. I think the issue is the loss of 22,164 mana return from Divine Plea - that is about 25% of my normal mana returns lost due to the mechanics of the encounter.

Logs here if you want to browse them in more specific detail to compare:
Vezax - http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/6666672
IC - http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/6666664
Corpsicle

Postby Wrathy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 am

Mana shouldnt really be an issue, however I do feel that it sucks that blizzard created an encounter where we specifically have to deviate from our chosen spec to be able to tank effectively.

General isn't a true dps race, so threat is not a huge issue. I spec all the way into SA and benediction removing some threat choices from the ret tree and have never gone below 50% mana on normal or hard mode. Especially if you do hard mode, your mana is replenished in no time once the animus spawns, BoS kicks in with two things beating on you.

I use this spec only for general and i can even use consecrate for the first minute or so to boost my threat:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0xA0uGGsIufdEoM0bM:p0Gcmz
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:11 pm

If the damage is so light that you aren't getting enough spiritual attunement mana back, you could always... sit.

Yeah, you'll get crit... but that's the point.
Belloc

Postby Koatanga » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:29 pm

The largest contributor to OOM on that fight is leading with Captain America. It sucks up a huge amount of mana that you don't get back, so you start the fight behind.

Just waltz in and start smacking him, or use a taunt-pull (damage component still works if he is not targeting you). Let your DPS know you are starting without AS on an untauntable boss, so they don't get overeager.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Zothor » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Tried the tauntpull repeatedly for just that reason last night, and I don't think the damage component worked.

Even dropping consecration was useless after a bad (good?) avoidance streak... I burned through my whole mana pool 60 seconds or so into the fight taking virtually no damage. As much as it was always said the shield tanks had a disadvantage on this fight, I honestly think with the nerfs to him the significant contribution of block may actually be a huge winner. We did hard mode with no kiting or external cooldowns and I was wearing some extra avoidance gear at the cost of effective health, and my Ardent Defender still went off once all night - and didn't go off at all on our kill. My healers were completely able to heal through the Surge. That was the only time I actually HAD enough mana.

Sit-tanking was suggested. I even tried it a few times. Still didn't seem to work. Next time, I'm tanking it in my full EH gear and meatshielding as much as possible for the mana returns.
Zothor

Postby Koatanga » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Swap from Stoneblood to a cocktail of Elixir of Mighty thoughts and Guru's Elixir. Should give you 85 extra intellect.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Corpsicle » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:19 am

Zothor wrote:Tried the tauntpull repeatedly for just that reason last night, and I don't think the damage component worked.

Vezax is taunt immune so no, the taunt wouldn't work anymore. Hand of reckoning was changed to no longer deal damage or have effect on anything that is immune to taunts. If I don't want to shield toss, I just run up and judge Vezax. You can get close enough to shield slam him before him moves pretty much if you don't have slap happy dps that see you get in melee range and think it is time to nuke hehe.
Corpsicle

Postby Zothor » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:07 am

Corpsicle wrote:
Zothor wrote:Tried the tauntpull repeatedly for just that reason last night, and I don't think the damage component worked.

Vezax is taunt immune so no, the taunt wouldn't work anymore. Hand of reckoning was changed to no longer deal damage or have effect on anything that is immune to taunts. If I don't want to shield toss, I just run up and judge Vezax. You can get close enough to shield slam him before him moves pretty much if you don't have slap happy dps that see you get in melee range and think it is time to nuke hehe.

Yeah, the pickup wasn't a problem, I just tried the tauntpull beacuse it's cheap threat. Was responding to the previous poster who suggested HReckoning as a substitute for shieldtoss.
Zothor

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon