SSC Without Resist Set?

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

SSC Without Resist Set?

Postby Coristad » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:19 pm

I have been skipping raid signups for SSC because I do not have a resist set crafted at this time. We have plenty of tanks so I'm not hurting progression. Is there any real point to trying SSC without any resist gear?
Coristad

Re: SSC Without Resist Set?

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Coristad wrote:I have been skipping raid signups for SSC because I do not have a resist set crafted at this time. We have plenty of tanks so I'm not hurting progression. Is there any real point to trying SSC without any resist gear?

No point trying to tank hydross or his adds without resist gear - dont think its needed for any other boss in SSC.
Anubisknight

Postby Invisusira » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:38 pm

You don't need resist gear for the majority of SSC.

You need a nature or frost set for Hydross.
You need a fire resist set to OT Leo (a lot of people use a warlock for this tho).
Invisusira

Postby lethario » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:02 pm

I guess our healers&dps are rocking the place.
I have little resist (under 100 in both) and I tank a Hydross add fine.
lethario

Postby jere » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:09 pm

I know for a fact you can tank one easily without any resist. I do full NR to tank hydross. I tank a frost add on the other phase with no problems. If you are trying to tank multiple ones, then go the AH and get some greens if you can't afford the epics. It's not too bad.
jere

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:19 pm

U can tank Hydross adds (well, 1 or 2 max) without any resist.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Enkal » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:27 am

So, tomorrow my guild doesnt have a 4th tank for adds. Think I could pick up 3 adds with around 230ish NR/FR resists and 14k health (probably 15k with the patch)? I only have 484 defense with that gear, worth dropping a little resist for 490 or using the Sun Eater and lose 250 spell damage?
Enkal

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:41 am

Enkal wrote:So, tomorrow my guild doesnt have a 4th tank for adds. Think I could pick up 3 adds with around 230ish NR/FR resists and 14k health (probably 15k with the patch)? I only have 484 defense with that gear, worth dropping a little resist for 490 or using the Sun Eater and lose 250 spell damage?

Crit Caps:

lvl71 mobs - 480 def
lvl72 mobs - 485 def
Anubisknight

Postby Enkal » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:30 am

Ahh yea, they are only lvl 71-72!(?) Thanks! :)
Enkal

Postby Balls » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:50 am

Does Hydross crush? I'm curious as well as I've only add tanked him. I've got a decent NR set so i was curious if I was ready to MT his Nature form. I'm above the Defence cap by below the 102.4 avoidance mark.
Balls

Postby Dehn » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:34 am

Balls wrote:Does Hydross crush? I'm curious as well as I've only add tanked him. I've got a decent NR set so i was curious if I was ready to MT his Nature form. I'm above the Defence cap by below the 102.4 avoidance mark.

no, he doesnt crush
Dehn

Postby Ocin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Invisusira wrote:You don't need resist gear for the majority of SSC.

You need a nature or frost set for Hydross.
You need a fire resist set to OT Leo (a lot of people use a warlock for this tho).

I'll be MTing SSC for the most part. besides myself we have 2 warriors, 2 bears and 2 other prot paladins available for different nights. should i bother with the frost or the nature set (and if yes which piece or pieces) for Hydross? do i need all three for whichever i go with? is it better to have the frost resist set?
Ocin

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:07 pm

I would think that it would be prudent of a guild to help gear the tanks. If they have tanks that show up every week and have gear for Hydross, then it wouldn't really be worth ti to gear up other tanks, as it can be quite expensive.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Ris » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:59 am

I do it with no resist gear, do take rather large spike occasionally but my healers are on the ball. I also sit at around 20k buffed HP so it gives a bit of padding.

If you are slightly low on HP id def craft a few resist pieces before trying / use resist flask.

If you are actually tanking hydross himself pickup a full set of whichever phase you plan to tank. And yah, bug your guild to help you get the mats to craft the stuff. You getting it means faster progression for all of them.
Ris

Postby Gracerath » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:34 pm

Last time we did SSC, I "forgot" to put on my resist gear for tanking adds.

It went just fine. According to the WWS, I took about 1k dmg more per hit than I did with my resist set (roughly 200 buffed of each vs 70 of each from frost/nature aura).

We kinda outgear the encounter by a good bit now though so for early progression fights, I would try to get at least some resist gear for adds. And don't forget Flask of Chromatic Wonder :)
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern