Remove Advertisements

LF your Power Aura Strings

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

LF your Power Aura Strings

Postby Rom » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:24 am

I just started to use the power aura addon for my secondary spec (ret) and love it. It dings and gives me a little icon while the Art of War buff is on me, which makes it much easier to know when I can throw in that extra exorcism or heal. I like it so much, I decided to add a second power aura: one that notifies me when I've applied 5 stacks of vengeance/corruption on the mob.

This is where I am stuck. I am having trouble getting power aura to read that I've applied the 5th stack, despite it showing up in my combat log "...corruption (5)." I am pretty sure it can be done through power auras, I just haven't figured out how. Has anyone created it? If so can you tell me how or, better yet, export your power aura string here?
Rom

Re: LF your Power Aura Strings

Postby fafhrd » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:10 am

It'll be a debuff on your target, and there's a box in the top right of the config area for the number of stacks to trigger at (>4, =5, etc).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Baelor » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:12 am

Rom, I just downloaded and used Power Auras in raid last night. If Fafhrd's tip didn't help, I can break down my Power Aura setting for Holy Vengeance 5-stack on targeted mob.

PS - Power Auras rock. I've got it tracking Art of War, Vengeance on self, Fury of the Five Flights 20-stack, and 5-stack Holy Vengeance on target. Trying to think if there's anything aside from Holy Vengeance stacks I'd want to track as prot so I can get maximum usage out of it...
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Other people's debuffs and buffs are always nice Baelor, if you're not using some other mod for that already - one aura for Curse of Elements/Ebon Plague/Earth and Moon, another for Sunder/Expose Armor (handy for this kind of thing is the fact that you can specify multiple buff names for a single aura by separating them with "/", and the aura will match any of the names in the list.

I have some for other random stuff too, like recently bandaged, encounter buffs/debuffs like storm power and cave in, ranged based buffs like dranei hit aura and windfury, etc.

The ones I always want, like battleshout/BoM and hit aura are set to display only when in combat and the buff is missing.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Aubade » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:58 am

fafhrd wrote:Other people's debuffs and buffs are always nice Baelor, if you're not using some other mod for that already - one aura for Curse of Elements/Ebon Plague/Earth and Moon, another for Sunder/Expose Armor (handy for this kind of thing is the fact that you can specify multiple buff names for a single aura by separating them with "/", and the aura will match any of the names in the list.

I have some for other random stuff too, like recently bandaged, encounter buffs/debuffs like storm power and cave in, ranged based buffs like dranei hit aura and windfury, etc.

The ones I always want, like battleshout/BoM and hit aura are set to display only when in combat and the buff is missing.

I use a forbearance setting, set to show if it's on me.
A divine Plea setting that is "Show if not on" for prot and "Show when active" as ret.
A Sacred Shield setting that blinks a huge aura at me if it isn't active on me.
Also some stock settings that came with the UIPackage I downloaded it from that show a timer for Priest shields and stuns. As well as a big "STUNNED" and "SILENCED" and a neat little "Danger" thing when I get below 50%.

I'd like to get it a little more organized though
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Magnilda » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 am

Yellow - Divine Plea not active
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0; anim1:nu4; duration:nu0; g:nu0.42352941176471; thresholdinvert:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; opt2:nu0; speed:nu1; stance:nu10; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_Aspiration; size:nu1; torsion:nu1; multiids:st; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; mine:bofalse; optunitn:bofalse; x:nu0; inverse:botrue; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; isdebuff:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; timer:bofalse; target:bofalse; combat:nu1; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; timerduration:nu0; exact:bofalse; threshold:nu50; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu1; party:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; isenchant:bofalse; focus:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu11; buffname:stDivine Plea; anim2:nu9; opt1:nu0; r:nu1; randomcolor:bofalse; y:nu0; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; customname:st; texmode:nu1; symetrie:nu0; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; sound:nu0; isinraid:bofalse; finish:nu1

Red Cross - Forbearance (with timer)
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0.015686274509804; anim1:nu4; duration:nu0; g:nu0; thresholdinvert:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; opt2:nu0; speed:nu2; finish:nu2; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_RemoveCurse; size:nu0.10000000149012; torsion:nu1; multiids:st; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; sound:nu0; optunitn:bofalse; off:bofalse; symetrie:nu0; begin:nu1; x:nu0; texmode:nu1; timer:botrue; customname:st; target:bofalse; timerduration:nu0; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; y:nu30; randomcolor:bofalse; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu2; r:nu1; aurastextfont:nu7; stacks:nu0; opt1:nu0; focus:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu25; anim2:nu0; buffname:stForbearance; isenchant:bofalse; party:bofalse; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; textaura:bofalse; isdebuff:bofalse; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; mine:bofalse; isinraid:bofalse; stance:nu10

Blue - Sacred Shield (cast by me)
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0.95686274509804; anim1:nu1; duration:nu0; mine:botrue; optunitn:bofalse; multiids:st; opt2:nu0; speed:nu1; finish:nu1; anim2:nu0; size:nu1.0799999237061; torsion:nu1; r:nu0.51372549019608; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; ignoremaj:botrue; y:nu5; x:nu0; symetrie:nu0; begin:nu1; off:bofalse; texmode:nu1; icon:stInterface\Icons\Ability_Paladin_BlessedMending; textaura:bofalse; target:bofalse; timerduration:nu0; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; inverse:bofalse; buffname:stSacred Shield; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu1; exact:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; threshold:nu50; focus:bofalse; isenchant:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu16; thresholdinvert:bofalse; sound:nu0; customtex:bofalse; party:bofalse; g:nu1; customname:st; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; timer:botrue; isdebuff:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; opt1:nu0; isinraid:bofalse; stance:nu10

Green - Sacred Shield
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0; anim1:nu1; duration:nu0; g:nu1; thresholdinvert:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; opt2:nu0; speed:nu1; stance:nu10; icon:stInterface\Icons\Ability_Paladin_BlessedMending; size:nu1.1399999856949; torsion:nu1; multiids:st; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; mine:bofalse; optunitn:bofalse; x:nu0; inverse:bofalse; begin:nu1; off:bofalse; isdebuff:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; timer:bofalse; target:bofalse; combat:nu0; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; timerduration:nu0; exact:bofalse; threshold:nu50; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu1; stacks:nu0; aurastextfont:nu1; party:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; focus:bofalse; isenchant:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu16; buffname:stSacred Shield; anim2:nu0; opt1:nu0; r:nu0.62352941176471; randomcolor:bofalse; y:nu5; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; customname:st; texmode:nu1; symetrie:nu0; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; sound:nu0; isinraid:bofalse; finish:nu1

Orange - Divine Protection Available
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0.070588235294118; anim1:nu1; duration:nu0; g:nu0.41960784313725; thresholdinvert:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; opt2:nu0; speed:nu1; finish:nu3; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_Restoration; size:nu1.3799999952316; torsion:nu1; multiids:st; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; sound:nu0; optunitn:bofalse; off:bofalse; symetrie:nu0; begin:nu3; x:nu0; texmode:nu1; timer:bofalse; customname:st; target:bofalse; timerduration:nu0; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu1; y:nu0; randomcolor:bofalse; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu7; r:nu1; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; opt1:nu31; focus:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu16; anim2:nu0; buffname:stDivine Protection; isenchant:bofalse; party:bofalse; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; alpha:nu1; aurastext:stlolol; textaura:bofalse; isdebuff:bofalse; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; mine:bofalse; isinraid:bofalse; stance:nu10

Red - Divine Protection Active
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0.066666666666667; anim1:nu2; duration:nu0; g:nu0; thresholdinvert:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; opt2:nu0; speed:nu1; stance:nu10; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_Restoration; size:nu1.4599999189377; torsion:nu1; multiids:st; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; mine:bofalse; optunitn:bofalse; x:nu0; inverse:bofalse; begin:nu1; off:bofalse; isdebuff:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; timer:botrue; target:bofalse; combat:nu1; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; timerduration:nu0; exact:bofalse; threshold:nu50; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu1; party:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; isenchant:bofalse; focus:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu16; buffname:stDivine Protection; anim2:nu0; opt1:nu0; r:nu1; randomcolor:bofalse; y:nu0; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; customname:st; texmode:nu1; symetrie:nu0; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; sound:nu0; isinraid:bofalse; finish:nu1
Magnilda

Postby Baelor » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:02 am

I just started using this add-on, so this is a nub question, but -

Can I set PowerAuras to notify me when Hammer of Wrath's cooldown is up and my target is under 20%? How do I do so?
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Epimer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:55 am

Dropdown menu in Activation by: select "Action usable". Done.
Epimer

Postby Baelor » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:59 am

Epimer wrote:Dropdown menu in Activation by: select "Action usable". Done.

Hot.

I was having trouble keeping track of my Hammer of Wrath cooldown since I changed my action bar configurations. That's about to go away.

Have I mentioned that I love this add-on?
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Maddok » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:52 am

I think its my most recommended addon to guildies who are having issues telling if something is active.
Maddok

Postby tuberon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:56 pm

*No Longer Neccessary*
Last edited by tuberon on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:50 am

Magnilda wrote:[
Yellow - Divine Plea not active
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0; anim1:nu4; duration:nu0; g:nu0.42352941176471; thresholdinvert:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; opt2:nu0; speed:nu1; stance:nu10; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_Aspiration; size:nu1; torsion:nu1; multiids:st; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; mine:bofalse; optunitn:bofalse; x:nu0; inverse:botrue; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; isdebuff:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; timer:bofalse; target:bofalse; combat:nu1; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; timerduration:nu0; exact:bofalse; threshold:nu50; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu1; party:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; isenchant:bofalse; focus:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu11; buffname:stDivine Plea; anim2:nu9; opt1:nu0; r:nu1; randomcolor:bofalse; y:nu0; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; customname:st; texmode:nu1; symetrie:nu0; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; sound:nu0; isinraid:bofalse; finish:nu1_Paladin_BlessedMending; textaura:bofalse; target:bofalse; timerduration:nu0; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; inverse:bofalse; buffname:stSacred Shield; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu1; exact:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; threshold:nu50; focus:bofalse; isenchant:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu16; thresholdinvert:bofalse; sound:nu0; customtex:bofalse; party:bofalse; g:nu1; customname:st; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; timer:botrue; isdebuff:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; opt1:nu0; isinraid:bofalse; stance:nu10[/size]

I installed PowerAuras, but where does all that text go?
honorshammer

Postby amh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:23 pm

Magnilda wrote:Red - Divine Protection Active
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0.066666666666667; anim1:nu2; duration:nu0; g:nu0; thresholdinvert:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; opt2:nu0; speed:nu1; stance:nu10; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_Restoration; size:nu1.4599999189377; torsion:nu1; multiids:st; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; mine:bofalse; optunitn:bofalse; x:nu0; inverse:bofalse; begin:nu1; off:bofalse; isdebuff:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; timer:botrue; target:bofalse; combat:nu1; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; timerduration:nu0; exact:bofalse; threshold:nu50; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu1; party:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; isenchant:bofalse; focus:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu16; buffname:stDivine Protection; anim2:nu0; opt1:nu0; r:nu1; randomcolor:bofalse; y:nu0; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; customname:st; texmode:nu1; symetrie:nu0; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; sound:nu0; isinraid:bofalse; finish:nu1

a) If I want to use this for Icebound Fortitude, anything I need to do other than replace the spell-name?
b) Can I make the animation into a horizontal bar that shrinks as the duration decreases (think DBM cast-bars)? A timer would also be pure gold.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Magnilda » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Honorshammer wrote:I installed PowerAuras, but where does all that text go?

There's red button somewhere that says Import. Just copy and paste the text into that.

amh wrote:a) If I want to use this for Icebound Fortitude, anything I need to do other than replace the spell-name?
b) Can I make the animation into a horizontal bar that shrinks as the duration decreases (think DBM cast-bars)? A timer would also be pure gold.

This should do Icebound Fortitude...

gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0.066666666666667; anim1:nu2; duration:nu0; g:nu0; thresholdinvert:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; opt2:nu0; speed:nu0.69999998807907; multiids:st; icon:st; size:nu1.4599999189377; torsion:nu1; stance:nu10; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; combat:nu1; customname:st; timer:botrue; mine:bofalse; begin:nu1; off:bofalse; optunitn:bofalse; anim2:nu4; textaura:bofalse; party:bofalse; isdebuff:bofalse; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; timerduration:nu0; target:bofalse; exact:bofalse; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu1; threshold:nu50; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; isenchant:bofalse; focus:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu16; buffname:stIcebound Fortitude; inverse:bofalse; opt1:nu0; r:nu1; randomcolor:bofalse; y:nu0; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; x:nu0; texmode:nu1; symetrie:nu0; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; sound:nu0; isinraid:bofalse; finish:nu2

No way to do the animation that would shrink like that as far as I know. There should be a Timer in that wall of text somewhere but they don't like to import all that well.
Magnilda

Postby amh » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Much love.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros