Remove Advertisements

[10] Firefighter

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Firefighter

Postby Treck » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:32 am

Dalithe wrote:Anyone ever done this fight without a Resto Druid? For us atm, it's just not possible without one.

We did this this week without a restodruid. In fact we had a holy priest and a discpriest. 2 healers prolly worked better since ppl know the fight a bit better, oneshotted this hardmode this week xD
Treck

Postby Threatco » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:35 pm

Our second kill is giving us some trouble. Not even that hard. Phase 3 is just a little rough but should be consistant soon. DC's + never the same kind of death twice over about 9 attempts since out last kill. Havent had much time on it this week. Skipping through him so we can get our rusted proto's tonight hopefuly.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Diocaska » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:25 am

We've started seriously going for this. But we've been hitting a bit of a wall p3.

Our group
Prot Paladin
Retribution Paladin
Dps Death Knight
Melee dps (Been a rogue last couple of nights)
Ranged dps (Mage or Boomkin, Boomkin had DC issues so replaced with a mage)
Shadow Priest
Warlock (Head tank)
Holy Paladin
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid

Phase 3 we seem to not get enough dps on the head, and when we do finally manage to, we seem to take too long to get back onto the assult bots. We seem to struggle to get the head into position so that melee can dps it aswell. Also, bombs caused us a headache at one point. Is it worth having the Resto Druid go bear to blow up the bombs, or is that too mana inefficient and impractical? We don't seem to have any problems with player health in p3, just getting enough dps going around. Any other tips for p3?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Seloei » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:13 am

The key to phase3 is the emergency fire bots and them dieing ASAP. That way you can control how much fire is going round and you can place the raid near a door (Everyone) and not worry about any fires hitting you.

Kill the first assault bot, don't loot it. Bring the head near the door where the rest of the raid is stacked (your ranged tank runs behind the doors corner to LoS pull him there). By the time the ranged tank has got the head near the corner the second assault bot should be near you already and about halfway dead. Tell the core looter to pickup the first one and throw it in place. AOE damage will finish off the assault bot because by the time he does it will be on ~10-20%. Use the second core shortly after and phase3 is over.

After the first assault dies you will probably get a new set of emergency fire bots. It's key that you kill ALL of them also to maintain the flame cap.

Atleast, this is how we do it and it works well in 10man.
Seloei

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:35 am

Dalithe wrote:Anyone ever done this fight without a Resto Druid? For us atm, it's just not possible without one.

Our first kill was with a resto sham, an off-spec resto sham, and an off-spec CoH priest >< This past week was the first time we did it with a resto druid, and it was ridiculously easy, even with three people completely new to the fight.

Derf Nruids.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Diocaska » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:36 am

Seloei wrote:(your ranged tank runs behind the doors corner to LoS pull him there).

I adore you for suggesting this. We got Firefighter last night, and this helped a huge amount. We ended up still having a Magnetic Core go astray, but managed to have enough dps get to through it anyway. Frustrating hard mode when you've got random deaths, but a very nice fight. Still, huge grats to those who got this pre-nerf, as it must've been really scary then.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Arianne » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Whenever we seem to LoS him using the door the core seems to go into the wall/floor and not pull him down. In fact, this has happened to us multiple times both in firefighter and in normal. Our core tosser was excellent previously and we're really frustrated that this is happening now that they made the cores 'easy'. Any thoughts about how to avoid the core going into the floor/wall?
Arianne

Postby Seloei » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:27 am

you don't have to pull him straight into the door for it work, just enough so his out of the fire and near the edge. The core dumper however now has to be directly under the boss. If his a Paladin the "best place" is where you can use a judgement on him while jumping. Quite sure i was in range of doing that.

What i noticed also that the second set of fire bots seem to spawn exactly when the second assault bot is reaching half health or so. On the revisits each time we've had burn the first set of blue bots, then the assault bot then dps the assault bot and everyone burns the blue bots.
While the blue bots are being killed the lock gets the head in position and while running back from the blue bots either me or the ret picks up the cores and drops them in.

Oh, repeat kills are far far more easier. We got the immortal on this last week with 6 new people who hadn't seen the fight before.
Seloei

Postby Threatco » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:21 pm

We have downed it once, and got to phase 4 3-4 times without killed emergency bots, but its spectacularly painful and messy.

Where do they spawn?

Where to they tend to go?

How many are there?

I always assumed they were far to spread out to kill. if you spread your team out to kill bots in every corner of the room... well they would die.
Threatco

Postby fafhrd » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Not sure where the spawn, but they go into fires.

You don't really need to spread out to kill them much, a ranged DPS with 41 yard range (hunter/mage) can reach most of them with a bit of running around. We usually spread out a fair bit that phase anyway.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Avengeance » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:05 pm

They spawn from blue beams - out of the 9 possible spawns in the room (the lines with the 3 small circles on them).
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Threatco » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Is it kill on sight or seek and destroy tactics for 10 man?
Threatco

Postby Joanadark » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:35 pm

The blue beams where they are going to spawn are visible for several seconds before the bots actually appear. It is a simply matter to watch for the blue beams, and then disperse your DPS accordingly to destroy all the fire bots before they can take more than a step or two.
They always spawn in sets of 3, and there only only 2 sets of three you should have to deal with. the first set is the first thing to spawn during the phase, and can easily be eliminated by everyone as there is nothing else alive at that point and no new fires going out since you should be capped.
The second set will spawn while you are DPSing the second Assault bot, before the third Assault bot spawns. You should switch off what you are doing, kill that set, then pop heroism and finish off the second assult bot, double-drop the head, and transition to the next phase right there.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby sfrog » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:01 pm

The Makeup:
Prot Paladin
Hunter
Rogue
Mage
2 Priests
Shaman (Resto)
2 Druids (1 Feral, 1 Boom)
Ret Paladin

Problem:
I 'inherited' this 10man group after the former leader stopped. I need help. Badly. We cannot for the life of us get to p3 without people dead - and if we get there, people die quickly. I have Ranged that die in P1 and P2 - Napalm and Heat Wave Deaths. We fixed the Frost Bomb deaths for the Melee in P2, but they still sometimes chain Napalm in P1. Right now I have my 2 Priests healing the ranged groups with big symbols on their heads. Everyone' s supposed to be 5 yards apart in P1 but it doesn't seem to be helping prevent 3 people from getting napalmed at once.
Our other 10m group is 2 shotting this weekly now and with pugs to boot. Part of the problem I'm seeing is that the healers I'm getting are alt spec'd and are normally dps. Got any suggestions?
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Postby Seloei » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:07 am

sfrog wrote:Problem:
I 'inherited' this 10man group after the former leader stopped. I need help. Badly. We cannot for the life of us get to p3 without people dead - and if we get there, people die quickly. I have Ranged that die in P1 and P2 - Napalm and Heat Wave Deaths. We fixed the Frost Bomb deaths for the Melee in P2, but they still sometimes chain Napalm in P1. Right now I have my 2 Priests healing the ranged groups with big symbols on their heads. Everyone' s supposed to be 5 yards apart in P1 but it doesn't seem to be helping prevent 3 people from getting napalmed at once.
Our other 10m group is 2 shotting this weekly now and with pugs to boot. Part of the problem I'm seeing is that the healers I'm getting are alt spec'd and are normally dps. Got any suggestions?

That is the problem you have there. Anyone dieing from napalm shells or p2 is a lack of healing. You are not clumping up in a big group in phase2 so the healing isn't that intensive right? But the biggest problem i see is "alt spec healers" who are either undergeared or not skilled enough for this fight. You need atleast 2 good healers and one "decent healer" if you are doing it on progression.

as long as two don't get hit by napalm shell it is easily healable unless they are standing in the fires.

To get firefighter you first have to make sure NOONE at all fails on the normal mode things like shockblast, barrage, rockets, mines then they have to learn how to dodge the fires.

P1 : tank CD test, P2 : healer test, P3 : Dps awareness/movement test, P4 : combined
Seloei

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon