Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Cakes » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Grats on the kills JD and Splug.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby kram » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:20 pm

I heard your head got ninja looted and xfered, that sucks. -_- grats on the kill though
kram

Postby Splug » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:16 am

It's funny, we think he did it to try to get some kind of nerdrage drama mess out of it, and the net response was a shaman actually laughing about it. There were a few people who actually wanted the head, but primarily we just wanted to do it, "because the mountain was there." It's a shame, but it's a reminder of how nice it is to have a mature crowd. As far as I'm concerned, it's a 100% drop chance item from a repeatable boss... and ass ugly. The worst part is that we have to open warrior/deathknight recruiting again to find a replacement, but evidently we didn't want this guy anyway.

The GM's didn't do anything about it; basically said group loot means no one's driving the bus. Supposedly another guild on Illidan had theirs taken by a rogue tryout the next day - I believe they use FFA. Hopefully they have better luck, but I'm guessing they get the same story we did. And I'm guessing they'll shrug the non-stat item off the same way we did.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:32 am

It's standard GM policy to not handle any loot matters unless a master looter submits a ticket. They can't do anything with group loot, FFA, or any other loot system. Especially considering that you can trade items now.

But, yeah, it's a repeatable boss that drops a mount. You don't do the fight for the mount, you do it for the challenge. Grats!
Belloc

Postby Cakes » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:38 am

No more easymode interrupts for p3 after the patch.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:04 pm

Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby kram » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Splug wrote:The GM's didn't do anything about it; basically said group loot means no one's driving the bus. Supposedly another guild on Illidan had theirs taken by a rogue tryout the next day - I believe they use FFA. Hopefully they have better luck, but I'm guessing they get the same story we did. And I'm guessing they'll shrug the non-stat item off the same way we did.

-Splug

Yep, TI had their 2nd head looted by a rogue trial with loot on FFA. It was just one of those face palm moments because someone actually brought up you guys getting one stolen the night before the raid.
kram

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:44 pm

I never understood using a non master looter system, especially when something like that mount is guaranteed to drop.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby kram » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm

moduspwnens wrote:I never understood using a non master looter system, especially when something like that mount is guaranteed to drop.

Why ninja something when its guaranteed? Its like stealing a twilight drake.
kram

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 pm

kram wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:I never understood using a non master looter system, especially when something like that mount is guaranteed to drop.

Why ninja something when its guaranteed? Its like stealing a twilight drake.

Short-sightedness, really.

If someone is going to steal a twilight drake, it probably means they don't expect to get better at any point in the game.
Belloc

Postby fafhrd » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:10 am

Have run with loot set to group loot (nbg) since MC. Everyone passes. Think we had one time pre bc where actual ninjaing happened, but i don't remember the details at all. We've occasionally thrown it on master loot for illidan, but it never goes over well, because it's so out of the norm that it says "we don't trust you."
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Treck » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:24 am

Well, if you go in and progress only one boss, you might forgot to sort looting.
For us its always group loot untill smth droppes. Every single FL kill we have done have had grouploot on ^^
I dont think it says " we dont trust you" to have masterloot on, since imo it usually goes faster, keeps the chatwindow a bit more clean aswell.
If everything else is dead, your working on yogg only that day i wouldnt be suprised if they simply forgot to set it.
Even if the vid is nice, its one of those i find booring to watch xD, its basicly looks like the same fight with ppl playing pro. Must say that seems to be insane dps since your actually clearing everything durin the stunns (compared to us atleast)
P3 was interesting tho.
Treck

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:33 pm

fafhrd wrote:

Have run with loot set to group loot (nbg) since MC. Everyone passes. Think we had one time pre bc where actual ninjaing happened, but i don't remember the details at all. We've occasionally thrown it on master loot for illidan, but it never goes over well, because it's so out of the norm that it says "we don't trust you."

Well it's not necessarily saying that. I see almost no argument at all for FFA now that you can trade things if they're mislooted by a ML. You're really just saying, "We trust X guy who probably leads raids, would quit the game before he'd leave the guild, and has never shown himself to be a greedy douchebag over Y years more than we trust the least trustworthy one of the other 24 of you." Heck, even in the worst case scenario, the ML takes the item and leaves, that's as bad as FFA would ever get.

I had moved on to one of the "hardcore" guilds during Sunwell progression and they used FFA, and likewise used ML for Illidan. I thought it was the most hypocritical thing I had ever seen in my life.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby fafhrd » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Well I'm not saying guilds that use ML don't trust their raiders. I'm saying we've avoided using ML for so long that whenever we kill a boss and discover it's on ML, we immediately get the message that there's a lack of trust tonight.

edit: and we didn't like the ML on illidan either, and stopped doing it after it became apparent MH glaives would never drop (and well, after the 2nd night of MLing it bugged out and noone got any loot till ticket was answered a week later).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Splug » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:50 am

We had a lot of problems with masterloot during the BWL/AQ40 era. Regularly, people did not appear on the lists for no clear reason. So we started using group loot as a safety net just to compensate for the bugs. After a couple years, using each, there really wasn't a hard prescedent so we toggled back and forth as convenient. We found Naxx-25 to be more convenient with ML (because we could keep clearing trash while the ML would sort out loot). It bit us in the ass when we had a Firefighter post-berserk finish, and our mage ML couldn't make it to the bugged chest. So we'd been kind of falling back to group loot since it was easier to get things out of the chest.

This is the second time in four years it has caused a problem. The first was the steam pistol off A'lar, which was taken by a reserve member who had gone AFK and let his friend watch the PC. As we were already farming most of BT at the time (the goal was an attunement run for people who wanted the title before the attunement was pulled), the item was likely to be disenchanted anyway. So if anything, our track record for items stolen under group loot is still better than our track record for bugged / misclicked distributions on ML.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon