tankpoints cant add?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

tankpoints cant add?

Postby Oramac » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:20 pm

ok, so i was fiddling with TP today trying to max SP while still being uncrushable, and noticed that my character sheet and tankpoints calc were showing 2 different numbers for block, dodge, and parry. now if it were fractions of a percent, i'd write it off to rounding, but its roughly a 2-3% difference on all 3.

anyone know how or why this happens?

Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Invisusira » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:47 pm

1) Put this in the "Link to off site avatar" box of your profile:
Code: Select all
http://www.modenstudios.com/orcamac.gif

2) Not sure, but I just checked and it does that for me too.
Invisusira

Postby Airanna » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:47 pm

iirc, tankpoints calculates against a level 73 mob instead of a same level mob, like your character sheet does.
Airanna

Postby Merise » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:48 pm

I've noticed that sometimes when you change gear your character screen stats and various mods do not update mitigation stats correctly. Sometimes they all change to different values at the same time. I usually fix it with a reloadui or by just relogging. This may not be your problem but I find it a very common issue. I have sometimes changed to a set which I know I am uncrushable in to find doing the math I am 1% short. A reloadui later I am 2% over.

I have seen it in tankpoints, the character screen and also crushchance. Try it next time and see how it goes.

command --> /console reloadui
Merise

Postby Makaijin » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:49 pm

Try changing the mob stats at the bottom of the tankpoints calculator to lvl 70, they should match up with the paperdoll.
Makaijin

Postby Oramac » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:49 am

Airanna wrote:iirc, tankpoints calculates against a level 73 mob instead of a same level mob, like your character sheet does.

wow i feel dumb. never occured to me that the char sheet was for a 70 mob.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros