Remove Advertisements

Aggro addon

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Aggro addon

Postby Juliette » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi, is there an addon that notifies you when you lose aggro? I know it's rare :) but it does happen sometimes, like when fighting mobs that drop aggro from time to time. I know SCT notifies you when you GET aggro, but what about when you LOSE aggro?

Many thanks.
Juliette

Postby Aalryn » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:27 pm

Target of Target. if it's not you, you've lost agro.

the point of the agro gain mods is for dps or healers.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Niche » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:36 pm

I like this one:

Tank Alert.

It can be kinda spammish on aoe pulls, so just note that, but it notifies you whenever one of your party is being hit, and by what.

So you'll know if you've lost aggro, or someone's body pulled some pat, or something.
Niche

Postby heed » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Pitbull, a unitframes replacement, works very well. Whenever someone in your group has aggro, their unitframe becomes red. Especially useful in aoe pulls, when everything is a bit chaotic. If someone becomes red, just click them and taunt. Works both in raids and 5mans.

You can find it on files.wowace.com
heed

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:53 pm

X-Perl has that function also.

Very nice for me in Hyjal, i identify when a AoE overaggroes even before he notices that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Juliette » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:20 pm

Cool thanks for the suggestions. The target's target thing would be obvious but there are a few bosses that target others for a sec before returning back to you, like Illhoof when he casts Sacrifice. I like the idea of someone's frame turning red or something, which helps as my target's target frame is quite small and I rarely need to pay attention to it :)
Juliette

Postby Gerilith » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:06 am

Grid has got aggro notifications, too. In Hyjal I just look at my raidframes and if someone's got a red border who should not have aggro, I just klick and taunt ;)
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Farook » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:35 pm

I'm using "BanzaiAlert":

http://files.wowace.com/BanzaiAlert/
Farook

Postby ehly » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:41 am

Worldie wrote:X-Perl has that function also.

Very nice for me in Hyjal, i identify when a AoE overaggroes even before he notices that.

I like the Xperl one as well. It defenetily comes in handy somedays, but more often than not I find myself just watching the ToT more so.

Even so, it is especially handy when I decide to BG. Large red aggro message when they target you. And green aggro message when you are un targeted.
ehly

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros