Remove Advertisements

Usefulness of Improve HoJ in Ulduar

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Usefulness of Improve HoJ in Ulduar

Postby theckhd » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Venoseth wrote:On physical attacks only. Right?

Correct, any of the armor->EH conversions are only valid for physical attacks.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fetzie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:43 am

dont forget seal of justice if you want to stunlock a mob. talented 2-3 second stun is quite nice.

brundir hardly ever gets something through in P1 and 2, but in P3 he is immune to silence and stuns so that doesnt work too well then.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Zeratuel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:00 am

I find it incredibly useful, especially with ignis adds. What I am worried about is that blizzard apparently wants to nerf it with 3.2.2

What is so bad about leaving protection paladins with a stun on 20 second cd?
Zeratuel

Postby Solitatis » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 am

I am 99.95% sure that this change is PvP related.

Am I the only one that think they should make Arena only servers, so that the rest of us doing PvE do not get assraped ever so often because of people that cry arena issues. Most of the time, the arena changes does nothing but to reduce the variety of PvE. If you want to totally balance all classes in arena, do it on arena servers. PvE is fun because we have different strengths and weaknesses. Other option is to just limit arena's to mages rogues and druid. -_-
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Solitatis

Postby Zeratuel » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:52 am

They are nerfing the entire "Prot spec'd healing" so are there really going to be many heavy protection paladins in pvp anymore? Maybe, what they take off of imp HoJ, they should just add to the effect of judgements of the justice. Protection paladins would be able to keep our one stun on a 20 second cooldown, and it wouldn't be viable for pvp really. Wouldn't be impressive heals or damage.
Zeratuel

Postby Nadir » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:33 am

Hard modes start next week in ToC. For most encounters I'll probably keep the three flexible points in the Prot tree in Reckoning. For Anub'arak I'll likely respec to pick up the Holy Wrath glyph and Imp HoJ since the adds are all Undead and can be stunned. I suppose you could justify picking it up for Faction Champions as well.
Nadir

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents