SoV and weapons

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: SoV and weapons

Postby majiben » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:56 am

That can work fairly well but it doesn't take into account downtime in encounters for any reason. In fact that's a common complaint about some of the TPS ranking sites that have ridiculously low tps numbers for fights like Yog due time not spent on the boss.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Isetnefret » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Even the old Kel'Thuzzad fight was kind of low...or Heigan..

Hard to get reliable numbers there.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby Ragingsoul » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Majiben wrote:That can work fairly well but it doesn't take into account downtime in encounters for any reason. In fact that's a common complaint about some of the TPS ranking sites that have ridiculously low tps numbers for fights like Yog due time not spent on the boss.

Well, back in Naxx for some Patchwerk record, I was using TankadinTps and it was working pretty well, pausing if no dmg etc.

but at the moment, I personally don't need to see my threat in numbers, I see I have enough threat for hard modes, so I don't see what it would bring to me that i don't already know . I'm more concern about dmg taken at the moment, trying to see how I stand out between the other tanks.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby Koatanga » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Ragingsoul wrote: I'm more concern about dmg taken at the moment, trying to see how I stand out between the other tanks.

This. My job is not to put out maximum sustained TPS. My job is to keep threat over the DPS and healers, which requires that I survive the fight.

As long as I am not threat-capping everyone, then survival is of the utmost importance.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations