Remove Advertisements

Trial of the Champion semi-bugged

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Trial of the Champion semi-bugged

Postby Dianora » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:01 am

well, we have to forcible took a wipe on normal Trial of the Crusader today just to reset the instance. After we went through the Horde Champions, one of the champion refused to exit the arena. He continously mount up, and we give up after a while.

Very disappointment with the so-call nightmare.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Re: Trial of the Champion semi-bugged

Postby Rainge » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:09 pm

I had the nelf hunter bug out after killing the 3-pack and she returned to full, remounted, and continued attacking us. The loot cache was available though, so we just zoned out and she despawned.
Rainge

Postby Marrus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:22 pm

The same thing happened to my group, but only once out of the four times we ran the instance (once on heroic, three times normal). Loot, zone out and let the bugged champion despawn, continue.
Marrus

Postby Florisia » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:28 am

I'm planning on doing this today with my guildies when I get home. Hope blizzard fixes these bugs soon.
Florisia

Postby bub64882 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Ran the normal and heroic for the first time last night. Overall it was fun. The only bug I found was after winning a roll on a ring off of one of the tribute chests, it errored saying I was out of inventory space, yet there were 11 spaces open.

As a tank, I found the transition between the mounted combat and then facing the three champions on foot fairly difficult. You need to dismount, equip your main hand weapon, and get control of three mobs PDQ, and I was caught off guard, given this was my first time in there and I've not researched any videos. It seems pretty easy to be focusing on the last guy on horseback while the other two mobs are beating on someone else in your party. I'm thinking that now that I know what to expect, this will be less of an issue.

On the Paladin boss, heroic difficulty, no one turned away from his dazes, no one caught his hammer, and we still mowed him down with no issues. I was a little disappointed, since reading about that boss in particular made him seem like a lot of fun.

When the Black Knight calls out his army of dead...Holy Wrath, natch. ;)
bub64882

Postby Mosterd » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:55 pm

bub64882 wrote:As a tank, I found the transition between the mounted combat and then facing the three champions on foot fairly difficult.

Seems like we got the same problem :P
I ran Normal a couple times, cause i hate mounted combat in general, and wiped first 2 tries because first try the healer died somehow before we dismounted, second try i couldn't get aggro quick enough because they where so spread out...

Did heroic after those runs, mounted part went much better there.
Would love to read someone elses tactics for the mounted part, i made everyone gather in the centre of the room after the dismount, to make it a bit easier picking up aggro.

Only bug i found so far is the Ardent Defender De-buff making you not able to get back inside to ress when you die.

Overall i feel like TotC is kind of a "loot pinata", its fairly easy except for the mounted part in my point of view.

There is no such thing as "Addiction", only Dedication!!
Mosterd

Postby Belloc » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:45 pm

Kill all the mounted mobs in the same general location (middle of the room). Keep trampling them so they don't get too far away. Bam, you can Hammer all three of them (or thunder clap, or whatever else).

You, as the tank, could also dismount slightly early. Forcing an equip of your weapon will auto-dismount you, so just hit that right before the last mob gets dismounted.
Belloc

Postby Zeruvar » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:51 am

Belloc wrote:Kill all the mounted mobs in the same general location (middle of the room). Keep trampling them so they don't get too far away. Bam, you can Hammer all three of them (or thunder clap, or whatever else).

You, as the tank, could also dismount slightly early. Forcing an equip of your weapon will auto-dismount you, so just hit that right before the last mob gets dismounted.

yeah, you and the healer at least :) since you got 2 champs down already, what we do is have the healer and me handle trampling them down while keeping the last guy targeted and just throwing spears. When last guy is about to die (20k or so health) dismount early, equip weapons and get ready to pick up the adds.
Zeruvar

Postby blakk » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Has anyone else experienced a bug when the second event starts and the trash doesn't spread out properly? They stay grouped close to the boss and all come at once. Happened to us on heroic last night. Took us a few wipes to down the packs.
blakk

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:56 pm

That happened to us after a Shaman left totems down and aggroed the trash coming through the door. After the wipe they reset much closer together than usual.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby daemonym » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:19 am

i found something that i think is a bug, the adds that MC. first, do they always mc the tank? second, when they do are you suposed to lose all threat completely? and by lose i don't mean that while you're mc'd you don't have threat, i mean once it's over you have ZERO aggro on any of the mobs. that normal or working as intended?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Viycktor » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:08 am

blakk wrote:Has anyone else experienced a bug when the second event starts and the trash doesn't spread out properly? They stay grouped close to the boss and all come at once. Happened to us on heroic last night. Took us a few wipes to down the packs.

This will happen if you aggro theme early.

Our first time in there, the healer and a dps were standing by the doors not knowing what would happen (not realizing those were the doors the mobs would come in through - they were looking at the various instance portals) and aggroed everything and we immediately wiped.

We had to AoE all 3 packs down at once (thank goodness I was tanking that run on my Paladin).

And again, when a shaman had totems up this happened, only it was 2 groups that set together.

edit: not a bug, but intereting: I had mega lag... something like 6-10 second ping due to network issues affecting my general geographic area... Anyway, the prot warrior (for me it was the Orc) goes all WWE on me and picks me up and tosses me/charges/piledriver combo thing he does... and I go right through the floor. It's really hard to tank the champions from Anub's cavern... But I got to walk around down there for several seconds before I was DCed.
Viycktor

Postby HannahBelle » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:17 am

My fun occured on heroic mode when the Orc warrior tossed me out of the instance door way. He grabs me throws and next thing I know I am zoned outside. Not sure if I accidentally hit a direction key while mid air, or if its just possible for him to do that. The tree druid's expression as he got mauled was priceless...
HannahBelle

Postby Kelaan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:34 am

bub64882 wrote:I found the transition between the mounted combat and then facing the three champions on foot fairly difficult. You need to dismount, equip your main hand weapon, and get control of three mobs PDQ

Equipping the weapon will dismount you; closetgnome or othr mods can help you do this faster.
Dismounting the bosses near one another makes a shield toss often hit at least two of them, which makes picking them up easier.
Kelaan

Postby Viycktor » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:57 am

Kelaan wrote:
bub64882 wrote:I found the transition between the mounted combat and then facing the three champions on foot fairly difficult. You need to dismount, equip your main hand weapon, and get control of three mobs PDQ

Equipping the weapon will dismount you; closetgnome or othr mods can help you do this faster.
Dismounting the bosses near one another makes a shield toss often hit at least two of them, which makes picking them up easier.

I'm not sure, but there have been times where I SWORE I hit the mob and it made a beeline to the healer. I think sometimes they retain some threat from their mounted portion (maybe this is unique to the last one to be dismounted).

In any event, now I make sure to taunt them off the bat if they so much as THINK about looking at another player. We have 2 taunts and a stun, along with Divine Sacrifice. I try to blow all I can off the bat to ensure a smooth transition...

HannahBelle wrote:My fun occured on heroic mode when the Orc warrior tossed me out of the instance door way. He grabs me throws and next thing I know I am zoned outside. Not sure if I accidentally hit a direction key while mid air, or if its just possible for him to do that. The tree druid's expression as he got mauled was priceless...

They're getting smarter!
Viycktor

Next

Return to General Strats