Remove Advertisements

Patch 3.2 Encounter Bugs Warning

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Patch 3.2 Encounter Bugs Warning

Postby kanst » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 am

Joanadark wrote:Also, the new Beacon of Light is so rediculously overpowered it is unreal, and near trivializes several encounters.

How obscene is Aurelius' HPS now with the new beacon. We had a totally undergeared pally pulling easily 4-5k HPS in a heroic
kanst

Postby Splug » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:31 am

Freya's beams are actually visible... barely. They're so transparent now that it's easiest to look for the holy nova, but even that's tricky to see once mushrooms start spawning. The debuff is probably the best indicator.

Our casters said Vezax shadow crashes far more often now. His health is also lower (and the animus spawns after 6 clouds instead of 8) but those were intended and stated changes. I don't know if the crashing was.

Algalon seems to be working correctly with no hidden suprises at least!

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:45 am

Beacon of Light heals are now the biggest source of healing done by a paladin healer, and our paladins were topping healing done on AOE encounters like Freya 3-knock and Mimiron by big margins over even the holy priests and druids assigned to raid heal.

This pretty much destroys the talk about a prot healing build that sacrificed beacon to pick up Touched By the Light, based its self on Flash of Light spam, and gemmed for spell power.

The regen nerfs weren't even that painful. With a balanced ability use choice (for example the 97 Flashes of Light, 37 Holy Lights, and 32 Holy Shocks by our other holy paladin Altima on Freya 3-knock) you are still basically at infinite mana. And Beacon of Light is so powerful that you can pretty much plea at will without a thought and it be fine. The 5% less int was a wash due to the stat gains from getting epic int gems, the illumination nerf alters a few gear choices but is compensated for by the ability to plea whenever because Beacon is so powerful, and the replenishment nerf is partially compensated for by the increase in MP5 stats on gear.
You can't spam Holy Light exclusively, but doing so isn't even the most optimal way of healing now anyway.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Joanadark » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 am

Our casters said Vezax shadow crashes far more often now. His health is also lower (and the animus spawns after 6 clouds instead of but those were intended and stated changes. I don't know if the crashing was.

Yeah, he casts shadow crash much faster now. We simply split our ranged into two camps set about 15 yards apart instead of one consolidated camp, and proceeded as normal.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Threatco » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:26 pm

10 Man hardmodes. \/

XT: Found the adds a real pain, but I was getting them form all 4, didnt try standing on a pile.

IC: My xperl even after updating woulden't show duration on tank epxlosion debuff.
Slug said it was 30 seconds. In 10 man I am pretty sure it has always been 60 seconds. That was the case today, though I had to guesstimate it.

Hodir: We beat our best time on Hodir by quite a bit. Mabey just be slightly different comp or lucky but we beat it by about 4 seconds compared to 10-15 before.

Thorim: Gauntlet trash seemed ALOT squishier. Can anyoen confirm if they been nerfed?

Freya: As everyone said, except for sunbeam the fight is easier, even though it was easy before.

Mimiron: BUG: Going into phase 4 he despawned and fight ended one time, not repeatable. Damage seemed reduced, or mabey it was jsut healer buffs.

General: Blargh... Would be so easy if I could just dodge a shadow crash in p2... They come so fast the whole time, and even FASTER in p2. I almost can't heal at all in p2 because im constantly dodging.

I did not know druids can't clearcast anymore. Time to put them out and put me in to stack muwahaha.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Seloei » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:11 am

Also if you try to skip the mimiron trash you get a nice surprise in the end. Invisible Trains!
The train spawned for 1 second then blasted away to the other end and promptly despawned the moment it reached the platform meaning anyone who was still on the train got thrown off also.
Seloei

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon