Patch 3.2 Encounter Bugs Warning

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Patch 3.2 Encounter Bugs Warning

Postby Joanadark » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 pm

XT-002 Deconstructor is bugged. During tantrum he spawns a REDICULOUS ton of adds from all directions:
Additonally he continued throwing out Light and Gravity bombs during tantrum.

Iron Council, Steelbreaker Last is also bugged. The person with meltdown is exploding 10 seconds earlier than they are supposed to.

On Freya, Sunbeams are invisible and you have to just watch for the debuff and move fast. Fortunately, this is the only hard part of the encounter now, as everything else was heavily nerfed. Ground tremor hits as hard as 10-man, Freya's melee damage felt like it was cut in half, and all the adds have reduced damage as well. Also, when the three triplets spawn they are stunned for about 2 seconds before they start moving and attacking, so that they dont gib anyone who is standing next to them.
Finally, Strengthened Iron Roots can be auto-removed without killing them by pretty much anything that removes snares. Shapeshifting, Hand of Freedom, Every Man For Himself, PvP Trinkets, Escape Artist, Fade, Ghost Wolf, Bladestorm, Disengage, and looking at them funny all work. Not sure if this is a bug or intended.

Finally, on Mimiron phase 3, the Magnetic Cores auto-place themselves, you dont get to target them, but the auto-placement really really sucks. I guess guilds were finding it way too difficult to right click on an item and then click on the ground underneath the head. Fair warning. We had a 1%/0%/2% wipe in p4 because we lost like a minute in p3 because the magnetic cores missed the head cause our rogue doing them wasnt expecting this change.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Re: Patch 3.2 Encounter Bugs Warning

Postby fafhrd » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:43 pm

rofl at XT changes, hard mode actually felt like a hard mode for once. got our achievement for killing scrapbots with bomb bots while going "WTF?" on vent and wiping.

Think the fight is actually easier on hard now than on normal, since you only need to get through one ridiculous wave of adds.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:35 am

yeah we got that acheivement too. There was 10 nerd points I never expected to get. I agree with you that hard-mode is almost easier than normal mode now.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Meloree » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:47 am

At least for us, the ridiculous quantities of adds were accompanied by ridiculous numbers of bombs. As soon as we realized what was going on, I called for ranged to blow them up, and the adds basically all evaporated. It cost us a few slow melee, though, turned into a really messy kill. Also lol at tanking enrage for 21 seconds.

IC was an unpleasant surprise, too, we were all caught totally offguard. Did anyone notice what the actual time you got was? It felt very short, but I didn't think to check. Fortunately post-patch DPS seems extremely high. Gogo epic gems.

--
Meloree
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:56 am

We had a fun night at an altrun a few weeks ago having XT go from 55-75% after first heart, once down at 50% for 2nd hartphase, he went down to 32%, and back up to 55%, and then at 25% he goes down to 3% hp, before he gets healed up to 45% again.
This was obviously easymode with additional heartphases, but easymode is not that easy when dps doesnt care about what they are suppose to be doing.
Rogue tank is pro as the screenshot shows ^^
Any confirmed changes on freya? i havnt seen them anywhere atleast. The 2sec stun on the adds might help gibbing ppl, but macro /target snap /cast RD, and i get all 3 of them without really trying anyway ^^ Never really found it a problem.

How the hell does blizzard manage to bugg these encounters anyway?
Treck

Postby Joanadark » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:26 am

Any confirmed changes on freya? i havnt seen them anywhere atleast. The 2sec stun on the adds might help gibbing ppl, but macro /target snap /cast RD, and i get all 3 of them without really trying anyway ^^ Never really found it a problem.

-Tank damage by Freya went from like 17-24k hits last week, to averaging lower than 13k today.
-Ground Tremor went from hitting for about 17k, to 11k.
-Roots are now removable by pretty much everything.
-Nature's Fury damage went down by 20%.
-The triplets start out momentarily stunned when they first spawn.

Overall, the fight is near unrecognizable to it's original difficulty.

Also, the new Beacon of Light is so rediculously overpowered it is unreal, and near trivializes several encounters.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:59 am

Joanadark wrote:-Tank damage by Freya went from like 17-24k hits last week, to averaging lower than 13k today.
-Ground Tremor went from hitting for about 17k, to 11k.
-Roots are now removable by pretty much everything.
-Nature's Fury damage went down by 20%.
-The triplets start out momentarily stunned when they first spawn.

Overall, the fight is near unrecognizable to it's original difficulty.

Also, the new Beacon of Light is so rediculously overpowered it is unreal, and near trivializes several encounters.

I was thinking as a Blue blizz post about nerfing it, but this is enough.
Were any of their HP reduced aswell? since that seemed to be our only "real" problem since we managed the waves but got overrunned every time :S But i guess no real need to focus that much on roots anymore.
And Beacon is I win button, put on tank and spamm the raid, no real need to ever be healing the tank, in fact it would be unbenefitial to ever put a heal directly on the tank wouldnt it?...
Treck

Postby Joanadark » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:06 am

And Beacon is I win button, put on tank and spamm the raid, no real need to ever be healing the tank, in fact it would be unbenefitial to ever put a heal directly on the tank wouldnt it?...

You flash of light the tank every once in a while to keep the FoL Hot rolling.

I didn't look to see if there was any HP reduction, and I attributed any increase in the rate we killed waves to epic gems. My guess would be that their health remains the same as before though.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:37 am

Joanadark wrote:You flash of light the tank every once in a while to keep the FoL Hot rolling.

I didn't look to see if there was any HP reduction, and I attributed any increase in the rate we killed waves to epic gems. My guess would be that their health remains the same as before though.

Sacred shield procc Hot? or smth, think i heard something about some Hot, not holy to much lately so havnt been keeping that check on it.
Epicgems will do a lot, decking every member with full epicgems will for sure increase it a lot, with the other "nerf" it might be pretty close to reaching for us.
On colloseum btw, is there a lot to do? heard theres only like one new boss/week, so hardcore raiders go in there for an hour then its over untill next reset or? That would mean we might go back to Ulduar (wich im hoping tbh)
Treck

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:52 am

Yeah, by keeping the meta active and releasing Colisseum gradually, they're keeping Udluar relatively "current". Essentially giving people time to catch up on clearing the place without delaying the new stuff from the patch.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Splug » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:56 am

Steelbreaker's debuff is actually no different than before. The bug is in the debuff showing a longer duration than it really has - tanks initially have 35 seconds on it, but they explode with 5 seconds remaining. You end up with the same 30 seconds per tank, the display is just broken.

The XT change looks to me like a punishment for tanking him against the wall. Certainly a change, but it caused no problems for us tanking him in the center as always - just meant moving out of the way of the doom train when the heart died. A few people said the bombs seemed to have a smaller blast radius as well.

DBM dying made trying to benchmark the cache on Hodir fun. We called two wipes due to stopwatch failure that eventually became clear weren't needed. Mimiron seemed to squish faster than normal, but the change to the magnets caused us some problems as well. Basically had a phase III wipe because it took four assault bots to drop the head at all.

We didn't have time for Freya last night, but the roots breaking on pvp trinket (or similar effect) is hillarious. Hand of Freedom is better than a heal now.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 am

DBM's site also crashed for the first few hours my server was up. After it came back up, a (mostly) working version was available, though.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby fafhrd » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:58 am

Bah, they apparently nerfed XT again. No idea if they reverted to old spawn behaviour or just reduced the number of adds per spawn.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Avengeance » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:55 pm

I just did XT at 21:00 euro time, and he still spawned a load of adds (around 2 pummels, and uncountable amount of bombs). We tanekd him at the wall at first, but they fixed the spawn so it still spaws from the near pile, then reverted back to center tanking and everything was easy again. Just make sure ranged kills bombs after heart is dead and profit.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Smite-Turalyon » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:42 am

Avengeance wrote:I just did XT at 21:00 euro time, and he still spawned a load of adds (around 2 pummels, and uncountable amount of bombs). We tanekd him at the wall at first, but they fixed the spawn so it still spaws from the near pile, then reverted back to center tanking and everything was easy again. Just make sure ranged kills bombs after heart is dead and profit.

ya.. we got our achievement for killing the scrap bots and wiping in the spot we figured Blizzard would fix at some point anyways.

Got 3 pummelers on 10man on our second attempt when we got HM down , didn't have problems with light/grav during tantrum.
Smite-Turalyon

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon