Remove Advertisements

Expertise softcap

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Expertise softcap

Postby badgermonkey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:32 am

So I'm currently sitting on 38 Expertise with my Seal of Vengeance glyph. I'm guessing I really ought to drop it for something else? Just questioning, because prying old habits away from me isn't that easy :P It's always been a "staple" to me along with Divine Plea, but with my new Freya helm I just think I probably have far too much.

Is it worth dropping for Judgement glyph at this point?

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... eedonboots

And since I've posted my armory link, someone give me any other general advice. I'll be respeccing today to include Vindication, so no worries there ;)
badgermonkey

Re: Expertise softcap

Postby Rainge » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:40 am

The SoV glyph isn't doing you much good at this point. Drop it until your gear warrants using it again. The Judgement glyph is a good option, though I'm personally a fan of the HotR glyph.

General advice: Easy stuff is conqueror neck, valor bracers and crafted belt. Since you have the valor cloak and crafted boots, you're probably already working toward those. Consider moving a talent point from SA to Crusade (2/2 SA is usually overkill) when you pick up Vidication. Also, finish your JC skill for better gems and Sons of Hodir rep grind for more shoulder enchant options.

/edit: Scratch that. SoV is still useful beyond softcap. Theck FTW.
Last edited by Rainge on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainge

Postby badgermonkey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:40 am

The Heroic new instance helm dropped, which is pretty much a carbon copy of Freya10's helm, but replaces Expertise with hit, and dodge with parry, and has a blue slot instead of a yellow one. I lose about 0.2% avoidance due to the dimishing returns, but might look at swapping that one in (since I could probably do with more hit).

I'm saving up for the T8 chestpiece atm, setbonus + improvement on my sucky Naxx one is nice :). The crafted boots were a gift from the guild, so I doubt I'll be seeing the crafted belt anytime soon (my character isn't rich). Likely I'll get the vendor belt as well.
badgermonkey

Postby theckhd » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Rainge wrote:The SoV glyph isn't doing you much good at this point. Drop it until your gear warrants using it again. The Judgement glyph is a good option, though I'm personally a fan of the HotR glyph.

SoV is still the best threat glyph, even if you're soft-capped. Keep using the SoV glyph.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby badgermonkey » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:41 am

theckhd wrote:SoV is still the best threat glyph, even if you're soft-capped. Keep using the SoV glyph.

Theck always shows up in the best of places :) All the maths is hard to wade through sometimes without being pointed there :P Thanks.
badgermonkey

Postby Mert » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:12 am

badgermonkey wrote:The Heroic new instance helm dropped, which is pretty much a carbon copy of Freya10's helm, but replaces Expertise with hit, and dodge with parry, and has a blue slot instead of a yellow one. I lose about 0.2% avoidance due to the dimishing returns, but might look at swapping that one in (since I could probably do with more hit).

What's the socket bonus on the new helm, out of interest? If it's a good bonus and a blue socket then I'd say you're on to a definite winner. Gotta love great bonuses activated by blue sockets :D
Mert

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:57 am

Wowhead still has it as the ilevel 213 version, but the bonus is 12 Stam on there. Stats have just been upped very slightly to 219 level.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Rainge » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:09 am

theckhd wrote:SoV is still the best threat glyph, even if you're soft-capped. Keep using the SoV glyph.

I am apparently not as smart as I thought I was. :cry: Thanks for the tip.
Rainge

Postby theckhd » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:04 am

Rainge wrote:I am apparently not as smart as I thought I was. :cry: Thanks for the tip.

Your advice was correct as of 3.1, but the addition of the SoV proc has shifted things around a bit and made expertise a little stronger in 3.2.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby badgermonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Mert wrote:
What's the socket bonus on the new helm, out of interest? If it's a good bonus and a blue socket then I'd say you're on to a definite winner. Gotta love great bonuses activated by blue sockets :D

Blue socket, +12 Stamina bonus, it's shiny :)

Due to my low hit rating I prioritised the newer helm. Since it dropped me to 33ish Expertise, but gained me 1.5% hit chance (ish), I thought it was probably a worthy swap.
badgermonkey

Return to Basic Training & Talents