DPS requirements for Ulduar Ten.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

DPS requirements for Ulduar Ten.

Postby Sir_Onion » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Hey there guys,

My guild is currently going to step into ulduar for the first time as a guild. What I need to know, is what are the DPS requirements and the healing requirements to step into ulduar? By requirements I mean, how much DPS should my DPS be doing to walk into ulduar. And what sort of stats should my healers have before stepping into ulduar

Thanks in advance.
Sir_Onion

Re: DPS requirements for Ulduar Ten.

Postby Huma » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:53 pm

i am sure this has been answered before in another topic but here is goes, when we started ulduar 10 , which is when it is released, we were decked with 25 naxx gear already. i think melee was pumpin 3k where ranged was doin 3,5k. i dont know the healers stats but we always took 2 raid healer and 1 tank healer to be safe at the beginng. however ulduar is not the same raid when it was released back in day, so the requirements shouldnt be that harsh anymore, most of the ulduar fights are understandin execution not gear checks. so basicly 2,5 k for melee and ranged should be enough for the most bosses now.
Huma

Postby Kishandra » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:08 am

To be honest though, if players are unable to break 3k dps 10man raid buffed they won't have the coordination to execute difficult tasks such as selecting another target to dps, stopping dps when needed, moving out of the shiny red/blue/green/etc. circle on the ground or various other functions.
Kishandra

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:19 am

Our 10-man group is halfway through Ulduar, we started in mostly 10-man Naxx gear with a little 25-man gear. Our dps has a few people who pull 3k regularly but most of them 2400-2600. We've not really had trouble from low dps, so that must be enough.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sir_Onion » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:04 am

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped. My guild relatively new and I didn't know where to place the DPS requirements for the raid. The 2.5k cut-off not only insured that people who could make the fight showed up, but we progressed to keeper fights in our second night of raiding together, over half of my raid being new to ulduar all together. We downed Hodir but kept wiping on Thorim (Been spending the better half of today figuring out where we went wrong there). I am proud to say we will soon have ulduar cleared and more then likely have some hardmodes under our belts in good time.

Thanks Maintankadin!
Sir_Onion

Postby kanst » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:08 am

Sir_Onion wrote:I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped. My guild relatively new and I didn't know where to place the DPS requirements for the raid. The 2.5k cut-off not only insured that people who could make the fight showed up, but we progressed to keeper fights in our second night of raiding together, over half of my raid being new to ulduar all together. We downed Hodir but kept wiping on Thorim (Been spending the better half of today figuring out where we went wrong there). I am proud to say we will soon have ulduar cleared and more then likely have some hardmodes under our belts in good time.

Thanks Maintankadin!

Congrats.

What are you doing for Thorim as far as group makeup and split between arena and tunnel? That fight can be kind of tricky until you figure out the right split.
kanst

Postby Auroris » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Mn. Last night we used alts other then me, a few healers, and a high dps. So I have to say... maybe 2k to 3k =3 Some fights may require stenuous planning.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon