Remove Advertisements

[H] What have you soloed / two manned / etc ?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [H] What have you soloed / two manned / etc ?

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:42 am

So far our guild has managed to,

4 man all of VH [thanks to Virgin media and their downtime last weekend]
3 man Heigan from 82% [26 minutes] 2 tanks and 1 healer
2 man Heigan from 84% -7% when I lost concentration and ran the wrong way doh. [that fight plays with your head with 2-3 ppl] the healer who I thought would flip just said 'almost, good try Bara'.

I love our guild.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby yappo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 am

Our guild, all seven of us, for rather obvious reasons adds a new level to sucktitude when it comes to raiding.

We've deliberately fourmanned VH.

Yesterday night we headed for UK to fourman it as a pug. Wipe on second trash due to 100% lack of focus after a spectacularly fun OS done with all four of us included. Time to sleep, so the two pugged ones left after a last laugh. I convinced my guild healer that we should twoman the rest.

Trash -- no problem.
First boss, just forget it (but I think we may have a method making it possible now).
Second boss -- tight but a one-shot. Learn to love lightwell.
Ingvar -- one wipe due to wrong positioning. Healer closer to me and we got him. Learn to love the combination of lightwell and prayer of mending.
yappo

Postby Corman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 am

Dead thread but hey:

Our guild first kill of Heigan25 was myself + warlock from 60 percent down.

Also the miraculous first Thaddius25 kill where somehow I avoid streaked + massive healing + bubble + cds for something like 1.5 minutes past enrage.... Have never repeated such a statistical anomoly but hey. Obviously we were down alot of dps.

Sadly Ulduar doesn't lend itself well to such things as you'll hit enrages that REALLY kill you if you lose too many dps. Never a successful kill with just me and a healer left and we actually have a guild practice now, which I love, of our GM ordering someone to DI me to force a wipe as with just a single healer and a few dps I've stayed up against too many bosses till we hit the enrage :/
Corman

Re:

Postby Leuthas » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Origon wrote:2 manning heigan from 73% down in about 36minutes on my dk (tanking) with a resto shammy healing. Needless to say, i can now do the tanking rotation blindfolded >_< (then lost the roll on demise while the resto shammy was defaulted an item for doing such a good job -_-)

Took me (maintankadin) and a Holy Pally friend of mine 52 minutes to get Heigan down from 96%. Bad PuG with the exception of my friend and I. It sucks rebuffing mid-dance - now I can do the Safety Dance not only blindfoled, but while AFK too!

I'm so awsome. :lol:
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby ~Dahrklia~ » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:57 am

Yea naxx runs have become so overly easy nowadays..

I was doing Heigan the other day, 10 man, and he was at 90% when most of our raid died from dieseases i guess, not sure what exactly >.>

All that was left, was Me(sexy dk dps), the healer(shammy), and the tankadin(paladin)

So after half an hour of constant groaning from the bored and dead dps..we got heigan to 10%..at that point i looked at my raid health..to notice the healer just went down...

Our tank fought to stay alive, but being at 40% hp and having LoH on CD (healer went oom halfway through and pally had to use it til healer found his mana pot)

finally our tank went down with Hegain still standing at 6%, and me the only one elft alive. So as i ehard al the chants of disbelief and angry remarks of a wasted half an hour..i decided to prove them noobs wrong...I ended up tanking/dpsing/healing myself until heigan died, which startled the entire raid and caused them to chant and rave and one even screamed over vent.

I know this isnt a big deal or nothing, and this is not a testement to my gear or skill....but the fact that i was able to hit the naxx boss every single hit from ^% down...and mainly the fact that he had about a 50/50% chance to hit me, and when he did he hit so friggin weak it was unbelievable.....Is blizzard making naxx too easy?? Hell, i raid ulduar almost every week i can, and get from Fl to Freya (thorim and hodir downed as well) most weeks, i knwo that they made up for naxx, with ulduar..which is by no means fuly puggable.

Anyways, i'm just kinda curious as to how easy or hard they are going to make Icecrown Citadel when it finally becomes the next ulduar...im hoping to god that its just the way ulduar is, so that no lowbie who hit 80 two days ago can go in and clear all the way to Lich King >.>

Hopefully, if all goes well, IC will be totally gear dependant..and Lich King willd rop a legendary 2h sword called Frostmourne, and it willd rop first time for me and ill win it with a 100..

haha jk, idk if frostmourne will be a legendary weapon drop..itd be cool tho =D
~Dahrklia~

Postby Shoju » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:44 am

Just had another awesome experience in a Heroic Last night. Halls of stone. First room, we ended up with all the trash including the giant guy. Tank Died. Rogue Evasion tanked and Died. Healer died, Warrior DPS tossed on shield and we got down the last of the little trash. He was so low on health, the giant punted him. Dead. Giant is at 50%, and I'm on my mage. I proceeded to slow kite him around the room and drop him.

ABarr
Fire Blast
Missile Barrage when Procc'd
Blink
PoM + Ablast

Round and Round and Round we went for a couple of minutes. Everyone had Released and run back in and watched me slow kite him around the room and kill him. They had all healed up and were ready to re-engage, and the tank said, "NO. I want to see how far he can go". It was awesome. Kudos to my buddy for letting me do it.
Shoju

Postby Florisia » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:16 am

One thing I'm semi-proud of is two of our runs through Occulus, in Norm and Heroic.

Our first run in norm was just to familiarize ourselves with the instance. We went with a level 78 healer, 2 fresh 80s dps and my rogue friend and myself(Both geared to the teeth from heroics). We did this a while ago, but during our normal run, on the second boss(The laser guy), the giant beam and rotating storm of lightning managed to kill off our healer. After a few turns of our DPS eating the lightning(They tried to avoid it, atleast), they died. The boss is about 40% down, and I tanked him down using SoV and Judgement of Light, after burning Avenging Wrath and Lavathor's Tailsman(I occassionally got 7k crits from SoH doing that before the most recent patch, which is why I was using it.). It was easy enough, as the norm mode really isn't that tough and he was already a good ways down.

We tried a second run in heroic with a slightly better geared 80 mage(Our GM), my rogue friend, a level 80 druid we were hanging out a lot with, and some random DPS(I think he was a warrior). It was almost the same exact scenario on the same boss. Healer died, DPS died shortly after, but I was left this time with a heroic boss sitting at roughly 60% health. I switched from SoV to SoL and started running circles around him to avoid his lasers(Both big and small). I had to quaff a runic and pop an LoH, but I managed to down him alone after that point. It's probably not that impressive, but I thought it was pretty amusing since what happened in norm happened in heroic.

Incidentally, I now have a reputation for situations like that, which I promptly ruined last night when we were 4 manning HVH(Whilst I was trying to remember how to play), and managed to reproduce that scenario with the giant eye-ball demon. Unfortunately, it proved to be a bit harder for me to mitigate that damage.
Florisia

Postby Sarutankah » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:57 pm

in H ToC - Black Knight from 80% in P3 with just me and a DK (I told the healer to stack :roll: ) swapped to seal of light popped DP, managed to Kill him after res from AD and died again just after he did.

I did start with 40k though so it aint that great.

Also did H UK, H VH with 4dps and no heals.

Stuff died sooo fast and there is nothing that could get me close to even 50% with a ret pally divine storming and Judgement of light.
Sarutankah

Postby Keion » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:54 am

Herald Volaj in heroic old kingdom. Prot pala + warlock, no real healing, just drain life with seal of light, evil twin phase is awesome for it.

2 maned 2 first bosses in heroic nexus (2 paladins)
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby hoho » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:01 am

3-manned 25-man enraged Thaddius from 5% -> death on my paladin. Pretty much on every polarity change someone died.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby yappo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:17 pm

UP hc. The event-boss before Skadi gauntlet. Four players down when boss is at 80% (just don't ask, ok).

Must have been a bug, but down it went. From time to time my health jumped from 20%:ish to full. I have NO idea what caused this (with the exception of my own LoH, obviously).
yappo

Postby yappo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:43 am

Hurried party in todays HoS hc, daily. Maiden, event, last boss, zone out. Being inside I thought I'd give the stone golem boss a try.

The sad truth is that soloing the trash there is far more dangerous than the boss itself. I can't even say it felt epic. Bossfight was an eleven minutes tedious wait for him to die. Selfheal seal and judgement. No Conc but flash heals for a paltry 1k during the stuns.
yappo

Postby Gemspark » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:12 am

solo'd strat normal pre 3.2, only hard boss was the infinite corruptor because of his double mana cost curse
solo'd general bjarngrim and volkhan in heroic halls of lightning today, extremely easy in block gear, would wager though that ionar is impossible to solo outside of a prot/holy 10k fol spec or with massive n-res gear

heroic loken is pretty easy would think he's soloable also, its a fun party trick to pull to impress pugs who die on the first nova (i dont know how either) anyway

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1552/w ... 144704.jpg

http://img136.yfrog.com/img136/9959/wow ... 145226.jpg

http://img269.yfrog.com/img269/4702/wow ... 145340.jpg

edit: also did dtk hc without a healer, i know its nothing special but i found it funny that none of the dps even realised we didn't have one til the mage died at second boss because he had a predisposition to standing in the boss' blizzard and wouldn't decurse himself, he then promptly left after being told we didn't have one (it was daily lol, way to screw yourself out of 2 triumph badges!)
Gemspark

Postby Leuthas » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Just unintentionally solo'd Loken(heroic) the other day - really bad healer couldn't keep anyone up; healer and all dps died at around 90%80%. Turns out if you run far enough away from him during the zappy thing (the name escapes me) yout take no damage. Besides that it was all about SoL and JoL.

Though, a while later a spriest decided to run back in, as Loken was about at 5% the spriest arrived to finish him off - then the spreist died again.

*note: This was the third attempt with the group, same wipe happened every time so I had some warm-up attempts at soloing it.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Sheppo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:23 am

Sheppo

Previous

Return to General Strats