Remove Advertisements

[25] Yogg Saron (Normal Mode)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Yogg Saron (Normal Mode)

Postby Huma » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Belloc wrote:
I know you'll be anxious to get out of phase 2 as fast as possible, but patience will get you a better phase 3. Get that last crusher down while it's still stunned!

this. yesterday when we get in to brain room brain was at 31,3 % so we waited till the last 5 seconds while the ragned group was slaughterin the tentacles out.its very important to start the 3rd phase in a clean way. i have to say i never wiped in a 3rd phase which i started clean.
Huma

Postby Trav » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:31 am

Question for anyone who has tried Yogg on the PTR, post nerf:

In the notes, it says that the clouds "will be more vocal" when people step in them. What, specifically, has changed? Does that mean it will show up in the combat log, allowing fail mods to work for this?
Trav

Postby Belloc » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 am

Trav wrote:Question for anyone who has tried Yogg on the PTR, post nerf:

In the notes, it says that the clouds "will be more vocal" when people step in them. What, specifically, has changed? Does that mean it will show up in the combat log, allowing fail mods to work for this?

Ulduar was disabled on the PTR, if I am not mistaken. You'll have to wait until later today to find out.
Belloc

Postby Nalyn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:54 pm

I REALLY REALLY hope it calls out the player that touched it. I've gotten good at spotting when someone touches a cloud, but a lot of times it's hard to pick out exactly WHO did it, espicially when you've already got a guardian, or two, in your face.
Nalyn

Postby Trav » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:59 am

Nalyn wrote:

I REALLY REALLY hope it calls out the player that touched it. I've gotten good at spotting when someone touches a cloud, but a lot of times it's hard to pick out exactly WHO did it, espicially when you've already got a guardian, or two, in your face.

I'm hoping for the same. Sometimes we just miss who popped one...others people are adamant that they didn't touch a cloud...I just want someone's name attached so people realize they pop a cloud...
Trav

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:32 am

We got to Yogg last night. It does an emote with the player's name. /sigh. Was hoping for something more exciting.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Belloc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:51 am

An emote is plenty, in my opinion. Tells you exactly what you need to know :)
Belloc

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:16 am

moduspwnens wrote:Was hoping for something more exciting.

instant one-shot imo
baleogthefierce

Postby pulexirae » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:11 am

We use the center strategy, and melee doesn't run out. Heck, even for yogg+1 in 10 man our melee doesn't run out. Anyways, our biggest issue in 25 man is definitely being "caught up" on tentacles. We take 3 brain phases now to get into P3, usually have crushers dead, but have TONS of corrupters spread throughout the room. We zone people out of the brain room if we don't need them for the third phase, and have them help kill stuff, but so far our best attempt has been about 3% by enrage. Does our dps need to step it up, or are there some tricks we can use to squeeze out more DPS in P3, or P2? We currently send a full 10 melee dps in the brain room, no healers, and it still takes 2 1/2 brain realms to kill it.
pulexirae

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 am

interupt crushers, assign portals, Aspect of the pack to the brain.

Thats all I can think of.

Phase 1 is down easy now. Its a matter of moving my group from 1 crusher to the next that's holding us back.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon