Remove Advertisements

[10] Algalon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Algalon

Postby Markoh » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:39 am

We actually have ppl run toward the center of the room where algalon was being tanked b/c you know thats a safe spot. Either have ppl aware of where all the zones were or have them move on top of where algalon was.
Markoh

Postby Miroslav » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:07 am

i have a question...
Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced). In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead heal the paladin for up to 10/20/30% of maximum health depending on the paladin's defense rating (example: a paladin with defense equal to only 5 times his or her level will receive no healing from the talent, while a paladin who is immune to critical strikes from boss creatures through defense will receive the maximum amount).

does this mean that i will be able to soak all 3 big bangs? First one, salvation + divine shield, second one I leave it to ardent defender and then on third one use again salvation + divine shield?

I mean does it work? Have someone tried it on PTR?
Miroslav

Postby Seloei » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:15 am

It works, but imho after 3.2 is out most won't bother going back to 10man to finish "hardmodes" when the coliseum provides much better rewards for 10man stuff :(
Seloei

Postby Miroslav » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:19 am

i know this will happen, however on my server, algalon is not killed yet, and I started this because I wanted to be first in something :)
Miroslav

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 am

Seloei wrote:It works, but imho after 3.2 is out most won't bother going back to 10man to finish "hardmodes" when the coliseum provides much better rewards for 10man stuff :(

At least for the next few weeks it probably still will be. Last I heard, we only get one boss per week.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Magnilda » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:01 am

My guild only got our first Algalon 10 key this week so we'll be hopefully trying him for a few weeks to come. The Starcaller title is too nice to ignore.

Having our first attempt on him tonight, setup isn't ideal though. 2 x Resto Druids & 1 x Resto Shaman & 2 x Prot Paladins. Just read through all 10 pages of this thread so feeling pretty prepared.

One quick question though, what sort of gear should I be wearing? Block, Mit, EH, or Avoidance?
Magnilda

Postby Seloei » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:06 am

If you have a AP debuff running and an armor proc on you running then it doesn't matter what gear you use on 10man.

Use your high stam / armor / avoidance mixed set, don't favor one over the other just the "best in slot" for bosses you have.

2x resto druids + shaman is a quite weak healing solution for this tbh, since the tank damage IS going to be massive and druids as far as i know aren't that good at tank healing still :(
Seloei

Postby Alanyor » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:41 am

The night before 3.2 - Alanyor, Herald of the Titans pwnt! :)
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Threatco » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:49 am

Going back in tonight for attempt #2.

Pretty sure the hunter will have his part down. He will keep the stars collapse spread out and away from cosmic smash. And he will NOT get zoned out by his own black holes again :?

No one will get hit by cosmic smash or big bang. Or get zoned out by a black spot.

Heals not a problem. Phase punch switch not a problem. Soaking big bang not a problem. Just those other things. I hope I am not forgetting anything.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby fafhrd » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:41 am

I got to play starkiller for this last night since our regular one was out, ick.

Much more work than my usual "just DPS boss" assignment. Surprised I didn't run into a hole or smash, was mostly luck on that front.

observation: "skipping" a star by accident when you emerge after a smash and look for one to kill can be very bad

edit: also, camera angles in his room SUCK. Half the time I'm fiddling with my camera trying to get it to go through the invisible wall that goes up when the fight starts, so I'm not sharing at my shoulders from 3 inches away.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Splug » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:28 am

fafhrd wrote:edit: also, camera angles in his room SUCK. Half the time I'm fiddling with my camera trying to get it to go through the invisible wall that goes up when the fight starts, so I'm not sharing at my shoulders from 3 inches away.
Stay away from the west side of the room. If you keep the raid in the other 75% of the room, even the star crew should be able to avoid having their back turned against the entryway, and that drastically reduces the camera issues. We use the north side for 10 and N/E/W groups in 25.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:32 am

Ah, is it just the entryway that has the invisible wall? That'd explain why it wasn't much of a problem while DPSing but a pain while killing stars since I wasn't standing in our usual dps clump.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Splug » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Yeah, the rest of the room works correctly, but the temporary wall that comes up to seal off the ramp (after it falls away) is a bit funky.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Avengeance » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:44 pm

i killed him second time today, just wondering 1 thing:
If you take him to 20% before 3rd big bang happens, will he cast the 3rd one during sub-20% or he skips it? We actually got him to 21% before 3rd big bang today and i called stop dps coz i wasnt sure about it, and I didnt want a big bang to happen during Phase 2.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Belloc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Avengeance wrote:i killed him second time today, just wondering 1 thing:
If you take him to 20% before 3rd big bang happens, will he cast the 3rd one during sub-20% or he skips it? We actually got him to 21% before 3rd big bang today and i called stop dps coz i wasnt sure about it, and I didnt want a big bang to happen during Phase 2.

Big bangs occur every 90 seconds no matter what. They can and will occur during phase 2.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon