Is my gear okay?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Is my gear okay?

Postby Lannden » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

I was tanking a few heroic yesterday with a group and at the end of them all the healer mentioned i was getting hit harder than every other tank he had healed through heroics. This came as a surprise to me seeing as i thought my gear was decent for someone who had just started running them. So my question is am i gemed or enchanted wrong or is it just those tanks had more heroic gear than me?

Heres my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Lannden

Edit: Armory hasnt updated for me in awhile i guess, iv now got the Royal Crest of Lordaeron, and the Emblem of heroism tanking neck piece.
LVL: 80 Spec:0/54/17 Server: Kargath
Lannden

Re: Is my gear okay?

Postby Braundo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Get rid of the Parry gem in your belt. Consider Defense enchants for chest and shield, but this wouldn't be the cause of a night and day difference. Get a better second trinket.

Everything else looks OK for the most part. Your HP is more than enough to be able to tank heroics, and even Naxx 10 with a competent group. The crafted boots could give you some more stamina, but at a loss of some avoidance. Other than that there's nothing glaringly wrong with your gear that I can see at a glance.

EDIT: For future reference, things like this should probably be posted in the Gear Questions and Advice subforum.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Lannden » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:18 am

Oh alright sorry about that.

Yeah i already replaced the gem in my belt and got the shield trinket from H VH, damn armory not updating. Cant really understand why i was basically called too squishy for heroics by the healer the other night.
LVL: 80 Spec:0/54/17 Server: Kargath
Lannden

Postby Corpsicle » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:48 am

They may just be used to running with a tier 8 geared tank that takes little damage in heroics. All depends on who they reference - they didn't specify so you can't really know.

When looking back at a tanking experience, judge it based on whether you or anyone else died - not anecdotal statements from healers/dps. If there is a lot of death then ask not just whether you were too squishy but whether the healer was or was not doing their job correctly. End of the day, if you can tank and live with few wipes and with out the healer going oom on a single mob trash pull then you are doing fine.

I've gone holy and healed a friend's DK when he was getting him geared out for a main swap. He started tanking heroics with 19k hp, maybe 25% combined dodge AND parry, and 536 defense. We were just fine, though admittedly the dps in some of the first pugs wondered why they had more hp than he did. :P You have much better gear than my friend did - assuming a decent healer in comparable gear you will do fine in heroics, and you could even start off tanking (assuming you stay 540 defense or higher with upgrades) Nax 10 and 25. Heck, you could probably MT parts of Naxx 10 and 25, though probably not all of it.
Corpsicle

Postby Pizbit » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:47 am

haha I remember crying myself to sleep over DPS having more HP than me :(
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Moved to proper forum :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice