Remove Advertisements

(3.2.2.1) Tankadin Spreadsheet

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: (3.1.3.1) Tankadin Spreadsheet

Postby Mihalach » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:48 am

I just wanted to point out a small glitch. The "Stoneguard Band" is not properly assigning 4 defense rating for the active socket bonus. Only reason I noticed is because I went from the 691 Defense Rating I currently have, to 687 (below the cap). Confused me for a minute :)
Mihalach

Postby Rhî » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 am

I've uploaded a PTR-Version. See 1st post. Enjoy it!
Rhî

Postby Rhî » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:14 am

Uploaded next PTR-Version. See 1st post.
Rhî

Postby Corman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:42 am

tyvm

Edit: I'm presuming this does not take into effect our new AD? I'd presume AD should effect now our incoming DTPS and EH as it is always on? Should the Cheat Death Factor also be included? I presume not as I can't think how you could mirror that as any hit not specifically coded I presume to kill us no matter what would kill us, unless somehow damage can overflow into our cheat death zone?

In the good news, if this sheet is right, I have no issues giving up 2 pts in Conviction for Vindicator as my threat is freaking through the roof through the buffs + epic gemming myself, despite the JC Nerf. Minimal DTPS increase due to changes to Dodge/Agi.
Corman

Postby Arees » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 am

I have a suggestion about something to add (or maybe its there already and I just haven't figured it out yet). Would it be possible to add another tab called maybe "gear comparison" or something, where you select a single piece of gear, its enchants and gems, and it tells you threat gain/loss, EH gain/loss, avoidance gain/loss and stuff like that so you can analyze a single piece upgrade?

The only way I see to do it now is write down all the relevant information and then put the new piece of gear in the items tab and compare the new values to the ones that are written down.
Arees

Postby Rhî » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:20 am

AD isn't affecting EH in my spreadsheet. I can change that. It's easy. And I can add a item comparison. I think it's already on my to do list, but I don't know when i cann add that. This comparison needs heavy macroing and coding.
Rhî

Postby Corman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:37 am

Rhî wrote:AD isn't affecting EH in my spreadsheet. I can change that. It's easy. And I can add a item comparison. I think it's already on my to do list, but I don't know when i cann add that. This comparison needs heavy macroing and coding.

What's funny is I wrote my own for my copy of the spreadsheet 8)
I love this thing.
Corman

Postby duriek » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:32 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:I have a suggestion about something to add (or maybe its there already and I just haven't figured it out yet). Would it be possible to add another tab called maybe "gear comparison" or something, where you select a single piece of gear, its enchants and gems, and it tells you threat gain/loss, EH gain/loss, avoidance gain/loss and stuff like that so you can analyze a single piece upgrade?

The only way I see to do it now is write down all the relevant information and then put the new piece of gear in the items tab and compare the new values to the ones that are written down.

I would really love to see an item comparison thingy added to the spreadsheet. For now though what I've been doing is when I download the newest version of the spreadsheet I save a second version of it entitled "Tankadin (VERSION#)_TEST". Then when I want to compare and contrast gear sets I use the first spreadsheet and go to the item tab and copy all of column C (should be the gear, gems, enchants, etc.) and paste it into column C of the test spreadsheet. You then need to go into the find and replace window and replace the name of the spreadsheet where you copied it from and change it to the name of your test spreadsheet and it should work fine (Should make a total of 93 replacements). After you do that you can change items and gems and whatnot in the test spreadsheet and when you are done just compare it to the original spreadsheet.

P.S. - Not sure if this was said already or if it was in the changelog notes but I was just wondering... is there any specific reason why you decided to switch to Open Office?
duriek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhî » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:04 pm

P.S. - Not sure if this was said already or if it was in the changelog notes but I was just wondering... is there any specific reason why you decided to switch to Open Office?

It's for free and open source, while excel costs money. I've heard a lot of time 'I would use your spreadsheet, but I only have Open Office and can't afford Excel'.
Rhî

Postby duriek » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Rhî wrote:

It's for free and open source, while excel costs money. I've heard a lot of time 'I would use your spreadsheet, but I only have Open Office and can't afford Excel'.

The only reason I ask is that I prefer using Microsoft Excel and I seem to be having problems converting the spreadsheet to one that works fine in that software. I am able to save it in .xls format however I get errors in a few rows when I do this. Do you know of a way where I can switch it to a .xls format without any errors occurring in the process or anything going wrong because of the different file extensions?
duriek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhî » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Unfortunately, no. Both Open Office Calc and Microsoft Excel have their own ways how they handle things like macros, code-design, etc. And both aren't really compatible with each other.

I recommend to use OOC for this spreadsheet, instead of ME.
Rhî

Postby duriek » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Rhî wrote:Unfortunately, no. Both Open Office Calc and Microsoft Excel have their own ways how they handle things like macros, code-design, etc. And both aren't really compatible with each other.

I recommend to use OOC for this spreadsheet, instead of ME.

Kk, thanks for the quick reply :D

After using it in OOC for a few minutes it's not too bad. Same thing really, except one thing. When I try running any of the macros I get errors for each one. They error message are all in the same format, looking like this:

Code: Select all
A Scripting Framework error occurred while running the Basic script vnd.sun.star.script:Standard.(WORKSHEET NAME HERE).(FUNCTION NAME HERE)?language=Basic&location=application.

library: 'Standard'
module: '(WORKSHEET NAME HERE)'
method: '(FUNCTION NAME HERE)'

To be a little more clear, the error for the macro to reset the talents in all 3 trees on the talents worksheet looks like this:

Code: Select all
A Scripting Framework error occurred while running the Basic script vnd.sun.star.script:Standard.Talents.talentreset_all?language=Basic&location=application.

library: 'Standard'
module: 'Talents'
method: 'talentreset_all'

I'm not quite sure what is causing these errors. Any ideas?
duriek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhî » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:57 am

The program can't find or isn't allowed to get access to the requested macro. Do you have macros enabled? Is your security setting for macros high?
Rhî

Postby Smartos » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:12 am

I'm getting that error, too. Macro security medium, macros manually activated in the process of loading the spreadsheet.
Smartos

Postby Meyrinn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:13 am

I'm having the same issue with the macros not running. same settings as the above user.
Meyrinn

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations