Remove Advertisements

[25] General Vezax Interrupt Question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] General Vezax Interrupt Question

Postby Joanadark » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:44 am

From listening to our melee, supposedly having shamans interrupting hurts more than it helps. Something about their interrupt being a shorter lockout than rogue/warrior/dk interrupts, leading to his casting the spell again before the other groups' interrupts are off cooldown.

This is correct. The problem with enhancement shamans earthshocking as part of their normal rotation and MM hunters silencing shotting is that inevitably you're going to have a situation where they interrupt a cast by accident a split second before the rogue/warrior/DK tries to kick, resulting in thier kick going off after the spell has already been interrupted, and the boss only getting put on 2 second lock-out instead of 4.
Most interrupts are 8 second cooldown, which is why you use 2 groups. 2 people kicking, each putting him on a 4 second lock out, ensures 100% that he will never cast when the otherr group's interrupt is on cooldown still,

As mentioned above, in order for a single interrupter to work in 25-man it has to be a rogue speced into throwing specialization (Fan of Knives and Deadly throw can also interrupt), and they basically can't DPS because they have to save all energy for interrupting purposes. You also have to be clever with exactly WHEN in the casting time you actually kick, basically alternating kicking at the start of his cast time and towards the end of his cast time, as I understand it.
There's really no reason to have one person kick except for that rogue to be able to say that he'd done it. Or, I suppose, if you have some whacky raid comp with a gazillion mages and only one person that can kick.

Don't forget too that if you are doing hard-mode general still casts while the Animus is out. Your kickers have to be prepared to Focus-kick with a macro that looks like this:
/cast [target=focus] Kick; Kick
They then need to position themselves in such a way so that they are in melee range of both General and the Animus, and have both of them in their frontal arch, allowing them to DPS the Animus normally, while still doing interrupts on general.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Invisusira » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:02 am

I've seen him chain cast SF three times in a row, but never seen him cast so fast that the other group could not interrupt it in time.

Enhance shammys are my favorite interrupters because in addition to Wind Shock (not Earth Shock) being off GCD, it's ranged; I've had melee fail at interrupts during kite phase.
Invisusira

Postby Belloc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Invisusira wrote:I've seen him chain cast SF three times in a row, but never seen him cast so fast that the other group could not interrupt it in time.

Enhance shammys are my favorite interrupters because in addition to Wind Shock (not Earth Shock) being off GCD, it's ranged; I've had melee fail at interrupts during kite phase.

Easy fix: Don't kite :)
Belloc

Postby Aubade » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Hmm i'm 99.99% sure they changed the interuppt lock-out on bosses. No matter what interuppt you use it won't matter, just like silences.

See: Glory of the Hero and mages. Less-rabi
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Belloc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Aubade wrote:Hmm i'm 99.99% sure they changed the interuppt lock-out on bosses. No matter what interuppt you use it won't matter, just like silences.

See: Glory of the Hero and mages. Less-rabi

I'm 100% sure that they didn't.

Less-rabi involves a boss that casts a spell on a timer. It can be interrupted, but cannot be locked out. Vezax will chain cast a spell that can be locked out.

Seriously, test it out: Assign 2 shamans to interrupt duty. Have that be all that they do. You'll get at least twice as many casts. Now assign 2 rogues and see how much slower the casts come. It'll be night and day.

Also note that this doesn't necessarily apply to 10-man Vezax. He's designed to be solo interruptable, which means that he probably casts on a long timer. 25-man Vezax is designed to have a high preference to cast whenever his lockout is finished.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:39 am

So good guild actualy need to assign more then one interupter in 25 man?

I could of sworn our DK got all but 2.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Threatco wrote:So good guild actualy need to assign more then one interupter in 25 man?

I could of sworn our DK got all but 2.

Odds are very high that you had someone else interrupting without actually saying so. Which is totally awesome, if you ask me.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon