Remove Advertisements

What order to attempt 10/25 hardmodes?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

What should be the first 10 man hard mode.

I choose you steelbreaker.
15%
Heartbreaker.
48%
Orbituary.
25%
I could say that this cache was rare.
10%
Knock, knock, knock on wood.
2%
I love the smell of saronite in the morning.
2%
Lose you illusions.
No votes
Firefighter.
No votes
One light in the darkness.
No votes

Total votes : 61

Re: What order to attempt 10/25 hardmodes?

Postby Threatco » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:07 pm

I would suggest 2 healers for thorim hard. Or really any hard mode that needs 2 tanks. (cept algalon)

How many stacks does he get up to with your 3 healer set up? We usualy down him at around 8 stacks. By the time he is at 6 stacks we are allready using a cooldown rotation for unbalancing strikes.

Key to thorim hard. Positioning 2 ranged group (max 3 people) to stack and stay away from each other, away from melee, away from blizzard, and away form charged bolt. Easier said then done, but thats the key. (Frost resist aura/gear and any + health buff you can get are good too). And have that ret cleanse!
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Lucius » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:46 pm

It looks like most of the discussion here so far has been what order to attempt 10 man hard modes, but I'm looking some advice on what hard mode to tackle next in 25man with the 3.2 nerfs.

So far we are 6/9 (FL, XT, Hodir, Thorim, Steel, Vezax) and have completed Knock on Wood (done with both Brightleaf and Ironbranch) and Two lights in the Darkness (Thorim and Hodir assisting us). Our current plan is to go for Freya -> Mimiron -> Yogg.

Freya seems a lot easier in 3.2 with the exception of the upside down light beams, is this a logical next step? Mimiron we have multiple groups killing in 10man hard mode, would that be an alternative to Freya or something to attempt afterwards?

Yogg we tried a few times without Hodir but just couldn't get it to work, even though IMO he gives one of the weakest buffs compared to sanity and Mimirons debuff. I was quite surprised as a result when two lights only took us about 90min to learn. This was with me solo tanking P1 and P3 and during P2 just sitting on crushers to keep the debuff off 90% of the time. I know there were some changes to the fight with 3.2, but is dropping from 2 keepers to 1 really a huge step?
Lucius

Postby Apollya » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:54 am

Lucius wrote:It looks like most of the discussion here so far has been what order to attempt 10 man hard modes, but I'm looking some advice on what hard mode to tackle next in 25man with the 3.2 nerfs.

So far we are 6/9 (FL, XT, Hodir, Thorim, Steel, Vezax) and have completed Knock on Wood (done with both Brightleaf and Ironbranch) and Two lights in the Darkness (Thorim and Hodir assisting us). Our current plan is to go for Freya -> Mimiron -> Yogg.

Freya seems a lot easier in 3.2 with the exception of the upside down light beams, is this a logical next step? Mimiron we have multiple groups killing in 10man hard mode, would that be an alternative to Freya or something to attempt afterwards?

Yogg we tried a few times without Hodir but just couldn't get it to work, even though IMO he gives one of the weakest buffs compared to sanity and Mimirons debuff. I was quite surprised as a result when two lights only took us about 90min to learn. This was with me solo tanking P1 and P3 and during P2 just sitting on crushers to keep the debuff off 90% of the time. I know there were some changes to the fight with 3.2, but is dropping from 2 keepers to 1 really a huge step?

You seem to have the right idea. We've Just yesterday downed Freya 3xKnock on 25man. And straight after headed up to start training on Mimiron -Firefighter. We spent weeks on Freya 3K, but are already getting to P3 Firefighter fairly easily (1-2 deaths).

Freya imho is a far more complex fight. First you need to train to ensure you have the dps to clear each wave of adds as the starting one, once you have that you then need to practice and build up the number of waves you can kill in a row with no one dying. after that it's a case of simply surving P3 which as most people say is not really that much harder than Freya 2k (Once we reached P3 we killed her and didnt need to train it).

Tips!

Take only 1 Warrior tank! Make them tank it all! Sadly us Paladins are not the best choice here the Warr Mass-taunt gives them a serious advantage. try to keep freya not to far from the river (20Yards max, 30 in conservator perhaps if needed) it's a great visual point of reference in between all the green scenery.

Detonating lasher Adds - All group up and Hug on Freya AoE Nuke them to around 23-25% HP. Tank calls for stop DPS. Tank then mass Taunts all adds (all must be close else some get missed hence the hugging). When the tank calls mass taunt all ranged run to the river and be ready to aoE again. Shamans can use roots, mages can freeze in place, hunters can use frost traps etc etc etc they all get clear as does the warr tank after using abilities, again to the river position. Basically use anything and everything to stun them in poistion for those much needed secs and AoE the last HP. 1-5 adds might not die due to the AoE if you're good and doing it right none will be left or maybe 1-2, can use a druid to typhoon (UNGLYPHED) to knock them all back into the AoE and finish them off. There's some nice videos out there showing the freezing strategy will dig one up later for you. if you do have a lasher or 2 left after AoE, don;t panic stay away and used ranged abilities to finish it off. Oh few things to note when grouped. If you get sunbeams then move just out of them (south) keeping same distance away from the river ready for the AoE part. if you get a tree (gift) towards the end send melee to nuke it while Range continue on AoE and going to river.

Conservatore - The simplest of all waves if you ask me, tanked along with Freya by the warr. Kite to shrooms, a good plan is melee go west to a shroom 20 yards away from river at start. nuke nuke nuke position when needed react fast and move out of sunbeams, watch out for the ground tremor. We used the river as a natures fury spot and we also made a rule that no one with natures fury was to stay under a shroom for any reason. ranged have to move about chances of them running to someone hiding under a shroom with natures fury is quite high. Ranged on trees, melee help if is far from ranged (but only if a shroom is near it don't waste running to get there only to be silenced).

3 Elementals - So again actually this phase is not too hard its the usual watch out for tremor, stay out of sunbeams and nuke at the same time. We had a mage tank the Snaplasher (which was Hammer stunned by me (in retri spec /cry) right at the start to allow time to position and aggro to kite. The other two adds are tanked by the warrior together with Freya. melee stay on the 2 adds while ranged all nuke snaplasher, melee should closely watch omen and swap target if they;re getting too high on threat on one of the adds. We kept several interupters (all melee) up on the Ancient Water Spirit and Stormlasher to interrupt them when every they tried to cast, it's important as can and did 1-shot clothies. Near the end people need to react and swap targets to the one with most HP ensuring they all die within secs of each other.

So as said once you get each phase down not too many issues and then get 3 down no dramas consistently ypou'll be downing her shortly!

For Phase 2 We simply nuked her in one spot near the river, when we got the "cocconuts /cabbages / green shit" we moved west away from the river out of range and nuked again in same spot. then green again went back to near the river. Again watch tremor, sunbeams and trees. Simplest part of the fight of them all to be honest.

GL hope you get her / firefighter soon. Once i have more info will add some more about Firefighter / 1-light etc.

Oh almost forgot. Rarr I won the neck!
Apollya

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon