Remove Advertisements

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Non » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:45 pm

King Varian Wrynn
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24919
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:24 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby isiz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:57 am

Leuthas wrote:Just a random hint for Paladins on the ZG Tiger Boss.

As we all know... the adds heal. However, in my experiences from progressing through ZG upon it's release I know that only one of the adds will actually heal (unless dead), while all will res. I cannot say specifically which add heals, but I know it is only one - keep an eye out for which. What I do during the fight, is use all of my abilities (even Cons.) and stay targeted on the add that is healing the others, and sometimes I may need to switch targets to put my melee damage elsewhere, but still keep focus on the healing add. Keep in mind that this add will not cast heals faster than you can interrupt - yes, don't forget our fancy HoJ. Just slap the add with it as soon as you see them casting the heal but don't get the heal confused with their other holy spells.

You can do the Tiger and Raptor boss in ZG while only clearing ONE (four champions before the raptor boss 'room') group of trash.


The one that heals is Zealot Lor'Khan. If you have trouble with the interrupts there is a "trick" to getting him right into P2 without the adds. Not sure if it is an exploit and believe me I have looked for posts saying if it is or is not. So far I think it just doesn't matter much to the GMs as it is very outdated content.

- mount up
- run up and aggro the boss
- run back out the entrance to his area and go left
- run just a little past the tiki-torch and turn around
- the boss will come out and then start to evade back to his start location
- as soon as he turns around follow him
- if it works he will stop and turn to attack you before he fully resets. Sometimes his friends aggro on you too and then they will follow you all around and not evade back. If this happens go run up onto the big stump to the left when you get up the hill into his room. They should evade reset after a little bit. If it does work he will pause and turn into his P2 form and his adds despawn (except for the two tigers)

I have done this twice (barely bother to run old school raids for mounts anymore) and have not been reprimanded by anyone for it yet.

Also if you run just right you can get by the champions in front of the door to the raptor boss.

Dunno if it has been mentioned yet but there is a spot for the raptor boss where you can stand to not run around when feared so you don't have to clear the trash in the room. When you pull him go into the corner between the left-hand side of the steps and the pyramid (ziggarat?) the boss is standing on and back up as far as you can go.
ImageImage
Tuesday maintenance is merely a setback!
User avatar
isiz
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:51 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Holyhomer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:01 pm

I'm sure this has already been done but I wasn't gonna go back through the list.

Heroic Magister's Terrace.

Couldn't have done it without the new ardent defender (In prot gear anyways), I ate 2 pyroblasts before going into the air phase on Kael.

Second boss (spark one) almost got me, but I was down to 1k hp when he died. Everything but kael was 1 shot, and I wiped on kael a few times for some reason.

Did the pvp event with the mage, the MS warrior, rogue, and engineer up.

Was a load of fun, got the orb of blood elfness but no mount or pet :(
Holyhomer
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:03 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Cheroz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:07 am

Something besides the tons of tiger boss posts in here....but

I have been making my way through all of the lvl70 heroics and have hit a road block. I know Belloc says he got to the third boss in H SLABS, gives a strat, but never says he went back to kill him. Has any1 soloed H SLABS as prot? I spent two hours messing wih the third boss and finally gave up. The claim that the voids 'only heal a little' is a little off. I tried just tanking/spanking in place, pull all the way back, n/s/north methods....and none of them give me the dps time to kill him before the voids heal him back to full. I was stunning, holy wrathing you name it. My best attempt got him down to 60k health b4 the voids healed him up. I can see how ret might get him down before the number of voids increases over time, but prot (I was doing 2k dps) does not have the dps to do it, unless there is a way to not get Stunned for 7 secs (I was using human racial everytime it was up and you can't bubble out of it). The problem is not staying alive (because with my gear I can fight him indefinately) its killing him before he is healed up. Any help is appreciated.

On a side note....I haven't seen any posts on here about lvl 80 heroics yet...so I also decided to start attempting them.
I tried to analyze which of them might be soloable at current gear lvls or in the near future. I really think HDTK or maybe HUK are feasible at some point. HDTK because I know you can solo the last boss and you can skip the hardest boss in there (TREX boss). I successfully downed the first boss in there...the hardest part being the pulls at the start of the instance (Casters and Voids---do heavy damge). Put on Shadow aura and burn the caster down fast and run out. Come back in and kite the little guys around and get out of voids fast. Takes a little practise but its doable. On the abominations...have cleanse macroed to cast on you with a button click helps a ton. Also, I was using everything I had to do this (Sacrd Shield, bubbles you name it.) I have not tried the caster boss in there yet, so it will be the last hurdle in a lvl 80 heroic being downed. I will post screen pics if I am able to down the last guy.
Image
Cheroz
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby sublimated » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 am

Cheroz wrote:Something besides the tons of tiger boss posts in here....but

I have been making my way through all of the lvl70 heroics and have hit a road block. I know Belloc says he got to the third boss in H SLABS, gives a strat, but never says he went back to kill him. Has any1 soloed H SLABS as prot? I spent two hours messing wih the third boss and finally gave up. The claim that the voids 'only heal a little' is a little off. I tried just tanking/spanking in place, pull all the way back, n/s/north methods....and none of them give me the dps time to kill him before the voids heal him back to full. I was stunning, holy wrathing you name it. My best attempt got him down to 60k health b4 the voids healed him up. I can see how ret might get him down before the number of voids increases over time, but prot (I was doing 2k dps) does not have the dps to do it, unless there is a way to not get Stunned for 7 secs (I was using human racial everytime it was up and you can't bubble out of it). The problem is not staying alive (because with my gear I can fight him indefinately) its killing him before he is healed up. Any help is appreciated.

On a side note....I haven't seen any posts on here about lvl 80 heroics yet...so I also decided to start attempting them.
I tried to analyze which of them might be soloable at current gear lvls or in the near future. I really think HDTK or maybe HUK are feasible at some point. HDTK because I know you can solo the last boss and you can skip the hardest boss in there (TREX boss). I successfully downed the first boss in there...the hardest part being the pulls at the start of the instance (Casters and Voids---do heavy damge). Put on Shadow aura and burn the caster down fast and run out. Come back in and kite the little guys around and get out of voids fast. Takes a little practise but its doable. On the abominations...have cleanse macroed to cast on you with a button click helps a ton. Also, I was using everything I had to do this (Sacrd Shield, bubbles you name it.) I have not tried the caster boss in there yet, so it will be the last hurdle in a lvl 80 heroic being downed. I will post screen pics if I am able to down the last guy.


I got Grandmaster Vorpil down as full prot in H Slabs a while ago, he's a toughie, the first time I went to see him I was still in dungeon blues with a mix of some epics and didn't quite get him, I went back a bit later when my gear was higher and just barely managed to do it.

As for a strat, it's been a while since I did it and I haven't really been back since, but I remember I'd kite him n/s/n/s etc, but when he teleports back to the middle instead of moving out of the fire i'd keep hitting him hard. I imagine the changes to SoV in 3.2 might make him even easier. I used all my cds and possibly a mana pot as well, but more than that unfortunately I can't give you a full blown strat as I barely remembered. On the positive side, murmur is pretty faceroll if you manage vorpil. Good luck =]
Image
User avatar
sublimated
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby viperas » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKQe0U7IH5E


Normal VH soloed on the 1st try. I have also done Nexus, DTK, and the 2nd and 3rd bosses in UK. No idea how it would be possible to do 1st boss because even as a human pally with a built in pvp trinket you can only break 2 tombs and then you are just constantly tombed.
viperas
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Auroris » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 am

viperas wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKQe0U7IH5E


Normal VH soloed on the 1st try. I have also done Nexus, DTK, and the 2nd and 3rd bosses in UK. No idea how it would be possible to do 1st boss because even as a human pally with a built in pvp trinket you can only break 2 tombs and then you are just constantly tombed.


NEED MOAR LACRIMOSA IN YOUR MUSIC INVENTORY.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
User avatar
Auroris
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Tropicana » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Took down Firemaw and Chromaggus today.
Suppose it isn't a "legit" solo, since I had my rogue in there with me for extra damage otherwise Chrom would have taken well over an hour.

Firemaw wasn't nearly as hard as the last time I attempted. Only had the 4 epic L70 FR gear. Put me at 320 or 330 FR with aura. I took him to about 50% before I needed to bubble to clear the debuff, then he summoned my rogue to him and took him down not long later.
Image

Chrom on the other hand, went through close to 60 hour glass sands, took just over a half hour. Had my rogue behind auto attacking, poisons did a nice amount of damage when he was nature vulnerable. Cloak of shadows removed all the debuffs, but he still died at about 50% since I'm still taking a ton of damage my paladin and its hard enough to manage 2 characters at once. Took a long time...forgot to take SS. No CTS :(
Image
Tropicana
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby HollerTH » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:40 pm

Normal HoL can be done as prot. Third boss is tough but the rest is easy.
HollerTH
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Case » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 am

Doomwalker:
Image Image

Wasn't really hard, used mostly block value gear (~2,1k BV), the fight itself took ~20 minutes.
Just make sure you're at full HP and have no crunch armor stacks (bubble when at 4-5 stacks) when taking the boss below 20%.
Judge what's needed and start with SoW till 20% then switch to SoL...
Image
Case
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby sublimated » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:47 pm

Case wrote:Doomwalker:
Image Image

Wasn't really hard, used mostly block value gear (~2,1k BV), the fight itself took ~20 minutes.
Just make sure you're at full HP and have no crunch armor stacks (bubble when at 4-5 stacks) when taking the boss below 20%.
Judge what's needed and start with SoW till 20% then switch to SoL...


ZOMG, Grats!

Must...do.... New goal in life, thanks :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
sublimated
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Anorian » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:30 am

"solo'd " HoL heroic everything besides the 3rd boss which is undoable due to the high amount of nature dmg going on. Besides that its fairly easy to do, even managed to kill the first boss with the 30% buff slacker doesnt hit hard enough :D
Image
User avatar
Anorian
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby hoho » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:08 am

Cheroz wrote:HDTK because I know you can solo the last boss and you can skip the hardest boss in there (TREX boss). I successfully downed the first boss in there...
Yeah, I can understand the raptor for the bleed thingy that needs to be healed to full but I can't understand how you managed to kill the first boss. I tried doing it but I died when he got to around 30% HP with >20 stacks of that damage increasing buff and I was unable to outheal it wit Sol/JoL. Is my DPS just too low? I think I had around 3.1k BV and ~35k hp with all buffs and libram. IIRC I pulled around 2.5k dps.

After getting a couple of failed tries I just threeboxed it with lock pet helping, lock itself afking and priest throiwing occasional shields. On second boss I parked felguard on stairs in agressive stance and had it solo the mobs there while killing the rest with paladin :)
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby sublimated » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:15 am

hoho wrote:
Cheroz wrote:HDTK because I know you can solo the last boss and you can skip the hardest boss in there (TREX boss). I successfully downed the first boss in there...
Yeah, I can understand the raptor for the bleed thingy that needs to be healed to full but I can't understand how you managed to kill the first boss. I tried doing it but I died when he got to around 30% HP with >20 stacks of that damage increasing buff and I was unable to outheal it wit Sol/JoL. Is my DPS just too low? I think I had around 3.1k BV and ~35k hp with all buffs and libram. IIRC I pulled around 2.5k dps.

After getting a couple of failed tries I just threeboxed it with lock pet helping, lock itself afking and priest throiwing occasional shields. On second boss I parked felguard on stairs in agressive stance and had it solo the mobs there while killing the rest with paladin :)


I don't know whether it's the answer you seek, but 80% of the time, I find SoV much more worth your while to solo with than SoL.
Image
User avatar
sublimated
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby hoho » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:35 am

sublimated wrote:I don't know whether it's the answer you seek, but 80% of the time, I find SoV much more worth your while to solo with than SoL.
I started with SoV/JoL, kept my shield on me and only switched to SoL when I started to loose more hp I could heal up or roughly after getting the boss down to around 50%. I guess stacking a ton of HP might help as JoL will heal 2% of HP and bigger healthpool = more heals.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest