Remove Advertisements

General Vezax: Mana issues

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: General Vezax: Mana issues

Postby praetorae » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:20 am

Umm,

I was under the impression that the boss no longer casts the flame thingy when the Animus is up?

Granted I've only done the 10-man hard mode, but pretty sure when the general goes invulnerable he stops his flame casts and the only things you have to worry about are the shadow crashes and the enrage.

I know I tanked both General and the Animus (single tank FTW) on our last hard-mode kill and it was pretty easy. I kited every time as well and just used CD's after a kite to help save healer mana and make re-positioning easier.

Plz correct me if I'm wrong about the flame thing though, if I am we were amazingly lucky :)

P.S. One thing I will mention is that deadly boss modes screws up telling you when the general is casting shadow crash unless someone is actively targeting him. We solved this by having 1 healer target him and heal using raid frames since I was facerolling threat on the Animus at the time.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
praetorae
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:23 am

In 25man hardmode he continues to cast searing flames the entire fight.
Jasari

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Praetorae wrote:P.S. One thing I will mention is that deadly boss modes screws up telling you when the general is casting shadow crash unless someone is actively targeting him. We solved this by having 1 healer target him and heal using raid frames since I was facerolling threat on the Animus at the time.

Someone /focussing general also works for DBM.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Joanadark wrote:I've read several posters talk about how you should kite because youre going to have to kite for hard mode.

You DO NOT KITE IN HARD MODE.

You are not going to have the remotest chance in hell of killing the animus if you are dragging the boss all over the place. Not to mention both the animus and the boss have to remain stationary and basically inside each other's hitboxes at all times in order for your interruptors to be able to focus-kick General while DPSing the Animus.

Well you kite until the Animus spawns, at least.

this is probably irrelevant to the conversation <_<
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:51 pm

That would still be unwise to kite pre animus spawn, if anything then after but id still recoment not to.
Having the boss stand still is the biggest dps boost you can get. Shadowcrashes are reliable, nothing random im the fight, and everything is easy to do with no hectic suprises really.
I know you might wanna bring in "kiting = less dmg taken", this is true that youll take less dmg when he surges, however the dps loss youll get from kiting him will make you have to tank him for longer, in fact making your healers having to heal more before the fight is over. "High dps is the best Mp5 you can get".
Our HM kill this week was pretty fun :P
I did kite him when the boss reached 10%, 2 healers oom one dead, one dying so that he could get Spirit of redemption to heal for a bit, second one had mana for one guardian spirit after to procc and give me 50% hp, having my LoH on 20ish CD when it went out, praying not to get hit, In the end i had 42hp and was spamming LoH, i get it off a sec before a hit and starts kiting, boss at 5% at this time. Wasnt much kiting more of a "run the hell away from him" while he was casting the aoe nova, managed to get far enough but right before hes gonna hit me he starts with surge of darkness, rendering him slower than me with dots ticking the last % xD
Sloppy kill but i wont forget that ending in a while :P
Treck

Postby Vesak » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:24 am

Since people seem to think its "lazy" to eat the surges i'll throw this out there. Our healers requested that both myself (feral) and our prot pally sit through them, and rotate cooldowns. We use this method both on hard mode and normal kills.

Mainly because we stack the whole raid on general aside from our dps casters who stand in the middle of the room to control exactly where shadow crashes spawn. This also removes the possibility of having mark of the faceless heal the boss for more than 1 tick, on one person. We've done it hard mode with 2 and 3 healers. We spent so much dead time waiting for the final cloud to spawn with 2 healers, that we killed off that strat for simplicity's sake. Honestly since we discovered by accident that fel mana pots work in the fight its become trivial.

Prot MT Pally
Feral OT/DPS Druid
Blood DPS DK
Arms Warrior
Shadow Priest
Boomkin
Resto Druid
Disc Priest
Mage (no idea what he runs for general)
Vesak

Postby Seloei » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:50 am

Vesak wrote:Since people seem to think its "lazy" to eat the surges i'll throw this out there. Our healers requested that both myself (feral) and our prot pally sit through them, and rotate cooldowns. We use this method both on hard mode and normal kills.

I hope that is just a wording "oops". I'd like to see you sit, during the surge of darkness and live :)

The reason why most are against standing still is because with a PROPER placement and kite strategy the crashes will always be in the same spot and only once every 20 casts it will land on you. The ranged never move only out of crashes and life leeches and by the time you finish kiting you will be where the animus spawns. The timing is quite right that he will spawn the moment you have to start the last kite, then you pickup both and if needed on 10man blow a CD to survive the surge but if your dps is good enough it won't be needed.

Standing still all out the fight just promotes "lazyness" as you said it. You kiting him also teaches the dps about "situational awareness". Not every 10man group runs with 2 paladins or a disc priest so you can't stand still each time.

We still kite him during the normal phase and have to stop dps around ~40s left or he would die in 10man. Took us 3 nights to kill him this way but most of it was due to dps dieing to crashes and life leeches.
Seloei

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon