Remove Advertisements

[25] Algalon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Algalon

Postby Braundo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:42 pm

fafhrd wrote:Most boring PvE videos I've ever seen were:
a) a destro lock on brutallus with game damage turned off and the default UI in korean
b) a priest of some sort on our server on their first twin emps kill

I remember watching a video of an early Onyxia kill, from the perspective of an OOC rezzer.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:28 am

That, and the dialogue that was spliced into the KJ encounter occurred while you were doing the fight, rather than pausing everything like Kael'thas or Mimiron, or occuring only before and after, like Algalon. Kalecgos and Kil'Jaedan are actually yelling at each other (and Anvena) while the shadow spikes are flying. The fact that the demon's upper torso is pretty much enough to fill the room contributes a bit of epicness as well. If only our work in late p4 hadn't lined up with the server falling apart for two months...

As for Algalon - swapping to 6 healers and being sure a guardian spirit was up at the fourth big bang proved to be necesary to beat out the berserked auto-wipe. Risen Ally did not keep Algalon in combat, even though it seemed to be ignored as a big bang target. With the tank damage nerf, we didn't have any problems keeping the MT up using only one holydin and a disc priest; all wipes were a result of raid deaths.

We chose not to sink any of the constellations; they were gathered in melee range, and our two rogues alternated FoK interrupts whenever a star was about to die to remove the risk of barrage/explosion combinations. It provided significantly more black holes to escape big bang with, though there were a few problems with the star-killing hunter falling through black holes trying to reach stars.

WMO - Our paladin has been mitigating roughly 8-10% of all autoattack damage via blocking since the damage reduction; I hadn't looked at the numbers prior to that. The exact value varied from pull to pull, but that seems like a non-trivial damage reduction. I'll have to compare it to what the druid was taking due to higher armor for that to really mean much other than "paladins use shields" though.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:52 pm

If you want a thrilling video with an amazing introduction, boy have I got a treat for you!

Yes, I really did play with that UI all the time. This was before the advent of Grid, mind you.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:21 pm

PsiVen wrote:If you want a thrilling video with an amazing introduction, boy have I got a treat for you!

Yes, I really did play with that UI all the time. This was before the advent of Grid, mind you.

Nice Wild Growth Spaulders. God those things were beast.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:24 pm

I love the way you constantly react to different environmental factors and effortlessly weave FoLs into your casting rotation to deal with them.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 pm

PsiVen wrote:If you want a thrilling video with an amazing introduction, boy have I got a treat for you!

I see RDX 4/5 in that!

and like 2 other raid frame mods apparently :o
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Yep, good old RDX. The rest is all Perl Classic frames though (they haven't had working raid frames since 2.0).
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Splug » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:16 am

Oh man, I had to dig out the Angry recruit training video one of our members put together to explain our strat for that fight. We may have slightly overcomplicated things, but we had a mod (adapted from La Vendetta!) to call it out.

Good jump too btw Psi!

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:54 am

That emergency kindergarden-flash was pretty cool, Splug ^
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 am

Haha, is the "shapes and colors" flash still up there? I haven't checked in a while, but that was hillarious.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Oh boy...RDX, La vendetta, what a blast from the past!

there were some really amazing mods back in the day. before blizzard decided that some of the stuff they did was cheating haha.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Cakes » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Joanadark wrote:Oh boy...RDX, La vendetta, what a blast from the past!

there were some really amazing mods back in the day. before blizzard decided that some of the stuff they did was cheating haha.

The original Decursive...
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby Braundo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Joanadark wrote:there were some really amazing mods back in the day. before blizzard decided that some of the stuff they did was cheating haha.

On my mage in MC, every Lucifron and Gehennas fight consisted of me mashing the X key (my Decursive button) for three minutes.

Not much different from mashing my 1 key for three minutes, I guess, but it felt like cheating because I didn't even have to target people.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon