Remove Advertisements

[10/25] General Vezax

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] General Vezax

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:20 pm

kanst wrote:Another little trick is if healers are running low, soulstone them and let them die. They come back with a bunch of mana. We did this on our kill.

When you ress theres an instant wheren your not in combat with general and doesnt have the debuff on you yet, when ressing you can spamm a manapot and get the mana back before the aura affects you.
Alternative as a holypally glyph for LoH giving more mana back (you prolly dont need holy light glyph on that fight imo) just to spamm that aswell as a manapot after getting back to life.
Treck

Postby Belloc » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Treck wrote:
kanst wrote:Another little trick is if healers are running low, soulstone them and let them die. They come back with a bunch of mana. We did this on our kill.

When you ress theres an instant wheren your not in combat with general and doesnt have the debuff on you yet, when ressing you can spamm a manapot and get the mana back before the aura affects you.
Alternative as a holypally glyph for LoH giving more mana back (you prolly dont need holy light glyph on that fight imo) just to spamm that aswell as a manapot after getting back to life.

Fel mana potions are supposed to work normally, regardless of the debuff.
Belloc

Postby Seloei » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:52 pm

We tried the fel mana potion this reset. The holy paladin said it didn't work.

edit: Another try tonight and the disc priest said the fel mana potions worked, and i could see her going from 0 mana to ~5-10% mana in the end of the fight.

So they do work just the holy paladin was wrong on the first week.
Last edited by Seloei on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seloei

Postby Huma » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Belloc wrote:
Huma wrote:i tanked this one on 25 man for our guild first. i tanked 10 man guild first back in day too with the same rotation.
my cd rotation was:
Divine Plea
Pain Supression
HOSalvation + Furnace Stone and Monarch Crab
Divine Plea
Pain Supression
HOSalvation + Furnace Stone and Monarch Crab

i was never close to die and the damage on me was predictible and easily healable. it was our first try on him as well so i was a bit worried what kinda damage i will take. but it was much easier then i thought. Threat was never a issue with the clever use of cd's, misdirects and 5 paladin that can salv. we killed mimiron and general on 25 for guild first so was a nice night. now we have to have another 10 man practicin on yoggy then he is dead as well.

Why would you ever need to cast Divine Plea more than once? If you've specced properly, Divine Plea will have 100% uptime after the first cast. It gets refreshed every time you hit the boss.

if i knew why i wrote divine plea there...

i mean bubble wall.
Huma

Postby Belloc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:14 am

I should've realized that's what you meant, lol.

Anyway, why not use bubble wall every other surge? Your current rotation leaves bubble wall available for a whole minute.
Belloc

Postby Ocin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:46 am

Is Vezax worth kiting in 25 man given the recent changes to the encounter and the buffs to tankadins?

I have most of the off-set pieces and sit at around 45-46k health buffed.
Ocin

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:11 pm

It seems like vezax had a series of changes over the past few weeks if anyone can confirm. In this order.

A) His melee damage was reduced (same time as algalons)

B) His Health got nerfed

C) The animus spawn time was lowered (enraged time lowered aswell?)

D) His Shadow Crashes are cast more often, resulting in more on the floor at a time.

E) He will chain cast "Searing Flames" if not locked out of fire. If a shaman interupts, he casts 2 seconds later. Ect..

If my order is wrong, or if any happened at the same time, that would be cool to know.

The main point of my post is that interupts are ALOT harder on 25 man now (i may just be crazy). But we had to set up a 3 person macro system of kick then whisper then next person "it's your turn" and even then it was still pretty sloppy.

I would never kite this boss. Except to bring him to a saronite ore so your healers can get mana back without leaving his hit box.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Seloei » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:19 pm

a, b, c, d were marked as a blue post on mmo-champion as official changes to the fight. A was pre-3.2 and b,c,d as 3.2 nerfs.

E was supposedly a bug they were going to fix

That was not the only "silent nerf" they put in place in ulduar to make it easier. This however was announced

a) Melee damage on thorim, vezax, algalon, deconstructor and ignis was reduced by 500 AP (in line with cow + demo shout stacking)

b) Both Animus and Vezax health has been reduced by 25%

c) The saronite animus spawns now after the 6. cloud

d) He casts shadow crashes more often, they hotfixed it so he does it not so fast also.

e) That was a bug they were working on but from what i read on mmo, it was supposedly fixed
Seloei

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:00 pm

Thursday Aug 13th (Last night) It wasn't fixed. When we wipe it basicly looks like vezax is spam casting it over and over without pause. And when we do have shamans or paladins belfs interupt, he recasts very fast.

When we did get it after 4-5 tries (normaly a 1 shot farm mode for past 4 weeks) it was sloppy, about 5-6 searing flames went off. :shock:

The time between casts was exactly the length of the interupt.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Malthrax » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:38 am

Threatco wrote:Thursday Aug 13th (Last night) It wasn't fixed. When we wipe it basicly looks like vezax is spam casting it over and over without pause. And when we do have shamans or paladins belfs interupt, he recasts very fast.

When we did get it after 4-5 tries (normaly a 1 shot farm mode for past 4 weeks) it was sloppy, about 5-6 searing flames went off. :shock:

The time between casts was exactly the length of the interupt.

I can confirm that Searing Flames is still being spam-casted (well, not spammed, but definately more frequently than a single rogue's kick recycles) as of 18-AUG (last night). We had to put an enhance shaman and a rogue on him - in 10-man - to keep him locked out, and still had one or two slip through.

It was our first time there, so.... people were head-butting the shadow crashes as well. *shrug*
Malthrax

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon