[10] Razuvious

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Razuvious

Postby avatar8481 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:55 am

Is there an add-on that announces to the mind controllers the specific timing for the sheild/taunt/sheild/taunt/drop/re-mc sequence?

I know DBM does some announcing for this fight, but I was looking for something even more retard-friendly.

Thanks.

Postby Rehlachs- » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:00 am

how retard friendly?

that's a serious question .. bar timers, graphical effects, raid warnings, yelling raid members?
Rehlachs-

Postby dmok » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:08 am

We keep things simple.

1/ Be able to see the ability CDs
2/ Call out for a taunt when you have 15s left on the CD for boneshield
3/ refresh MC everytime the other tank taunts off you

Same applies to our priests in naxx25
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:34 am

I use bigwigs, which displays timers for when Bone armor and taunt (?) expire. When they reach about 5 seconds, I call out to switch. There's plenty of overlap time.
Belloc

Postby avatar8481 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:23 am

I guess I mean either a mod or a person that hollers/posts in rw, "he dumby, hit taunt now", that kind of thing.

It may be that after my OT and I actually do the fight through one time successfully we won't need that, but since we're at Instructor on our progression kills I'm anxious to make the process as easy as possible

Is the Boneshield duration the same as it's CD? The whole idea is he's never attacking somebody without BS up right? And you do the taunting B/C one student can't just chain BS?

Postby dmok » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:25 am

avatar8481 wrote:Is the Boneshield duration the same as it's CD? The whole idea is he's never attacking somebody without BS up right? And you do the taunting B/C one student can't just chain BS?

Boneshield duration is 50% of its cooldown.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby avatar8481 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Thansk for the tips, got this guy this week, it was just the two mc'ers knowing the button sequence, other than that, total face-roll.

Re: [10] Razuvious

Postby Bundy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:11 pm

Ok so right now I cant install any addons, and its a long story why that would end up in a TL;DR anyways so.

Normaly its not a problem, either the other tank would yell when to taunt off, or id just wait for him to take an actual hit, which I know isnt ideal but for some reason I cant see the CD on his Bone Armor. I have his MCd target focused and everything, it only shows 4 buffs and Bone Armor isnt one of them.

We were doing ok with this merhod, had him down to 15% until somehow, im not quite sure how, but his MC guy died and it was just mine left. I managed to survive by myself using Bone Armor as often as possible but obviously having gaps of it being down. We woulda had it I think but MC time ran out.

So the question is, is there a way that does not involve using mods, that I can for sure see the timer left on the other guys Bone Armor?
Bundy

Re: [10] Razuvious

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 am

After the first swap, if that's timed right, you can both just hit bone shield and taunt as soon as they come off cooldown every time and it'll work perfectly (I have DBM, but I don't even pay attention to the 5 second announce, I just hit the abilities on cooldown).
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon