Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Algalon despawns on soft reset

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Algalon despawns on soft reset

Postby Threatco » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:09 am

If you open the door. Even if you don't pull algalon/start event. He will despawn and not be attemptable for the rest of the raid lockout if the instance soft resets. Soft reset = trash respawn.

So don't go open the door unless your going to attempt him then.

We all were so sure that opening the door was okay, that since it would not trigger the hour timer it would be okay. But becuase of a bug it's very very far from okay.

Q u o t e:

Guessing a soft reset messes with that, not a bug.

Yes and no.

From what I've been able to find, opening the door and soft resetting will prevent Algalon from spawning. This is currently being looked into by our Quality Assurance Team and something we hope to have resolved in an upcoming patch.

Unfortunately once despawned the Game Master Department is unable to reset the event.
Last edited by Threatco on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Re: [10/25] Algalon despawns on soft reset

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:21 am

Yeah, you can't open the door and then leave it until another day. You have to do your hour once youve opened the door, or he despawns even if you never engage him.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:39 am

If you only kill FL, XT and Kologarn, can you already engage algalon and not worry about him leaving instantly? That is the full 1h timer?

I heard that if you try to do him before you kill yogg he will just despawn and you've lost it for that week.

If it's true that you can do him earlier then that would free up a lot more time for alone in the darkness instead of being forced to end the raid early so we start fresh on algalon a second night :S
Seloei

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:14 am

Yes, as long as you can reach the doors you can kill him within the one our you got.
Last week we killed flame, Ignis and XT then Algalon, with about 9min to spare on the timer.
Was really hoping kologarn trash wasnt gonna spawn on us in the end there xD
Algalon isnt really the last boss of Ulduar, you should look at him more like an alternative boss that just happends to be inside ulduar.
Treck

Postby Markoh » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Isn't the trash on a two hour timer, so there is no way unless you take an hour break staring at the door that trash respawns are an issue.
Markoh

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:22 pm

They are on a 2hour timer. We however didnt think we would go algalon, so did the trash and went towards council, when we started thinking what players we had and we had someone who had to go early, so we decided we might aswell take a shot on algalon since we susspected we wouldnt get a better setup later on the week anyway. So we went to Algalon and started replacing ppl, summoned in 2 ppl and started going through tactics and stuff, this didnt take an hour after starting the trash so we were pretty safe. I just got a bit worried in the end since i wasnt really sure about the times xD
Then we swapped in ppl and killed council, When they were dead Kologarn trash had respawned. So we wernt to far off but still maybe 30min or so safe. (we still had 9min left on algalon timer when he died)
Treck

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Trash respawning isn't the same as a soft reset. A soft reset just leads to trash respawning, but trash can respawn without the instance being soft reset. You probably could open the door, walk inside, and stand there for 9 hours. Algalon can still be engaged. What you can't do is open the door, then walk outside the instance until it "soft resets" (basically the instance server saves certain aspects of your Raid ID, like bosses dead and Algalon's door opened, and closes the instance itself). I can't confirm Algalon works that way, but I believe that's what the OP means.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:06 pm

The trash respawn posts are offtopic, just a followup on my first post.
My guess is that the opening itself summons Algalon, and if it soft resets the doors are still saved as "open", thus you cant open them again and summon him. Like the ZA event, even if the timer doesnt start right away.
Treck

Postby Arca » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:43 pm

Just to clear things up.

That was actually my thread on the support forums. We did a quick "Hey guys here what he looks like, read up and come back tomorrow." for a few new people. We came back the next day to no alg. Never engaged, just the soft reset after we all left for the night, quite upsetting.
Arca

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon