Remove Advertisements

For 3.2; this version of 53/18 the best ?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

For 3.2; this version of 53/18 the best ?

Postby Korimoor » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:22 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tA0urusIufdxsRobc

My reasons:
-Divine Sacrifice appears to still absorb 30% of raid damage when used in conjunction with DS (1 point)
-With the new change to SoV (the 7/28 change) I am finally going to take 2 points in Reck. Also, the SS no longer stacks so the self buff SS is not nearly as useful esp when you have a holy pally. I believe reckoning is better than 2 points in divinity, or Imp DS, or IHOJ. (please tell me what you think here)
-I put 1 point in IBoMight due to flavor only. (We cant count on our ret pally)
-I put 2 points into Vindication. (think this will be mandatory now)
-I put 2 points into PoJ (this is preference)

Thoughts or changes ?
Korimoor

Re: For 3.2; this version of 53/18 the best ?

Postby Jasari » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:36 am

I'd probably still take two points in Divine Guardian because it does bump Divine Sacrifice up to 40% raidwide mitigation. Reckoning is only slightly better than before and is still only about 29 TPS per point so I'd rather buff Divine Sacrifice and have a slightly better Sacred Shield I think.

The throw away point into BoM can really go anywhere and it's pretty useless wherever it goes so there's no real point to argue it... I'd probably put it in Benediction though.

Other than that, I'll be speccing exactly the same.
Jasari

Postby Nadir » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:31 pm

I'll probably go with a variant of 53/18.

1/1 Divine Sacrifice, 2/2 Improved HoJ, 2/2 PoJ, 2/2 Vindication, 1/5 Conviction, 3/3 Crusade.

SS no longer stacks and I generally have two Holy Paladins in raid. A Holy Paladin's SS is stronger even while unimproved.

There are going to be times where you're not tanking but want to provide utility. For example, during the burn phase of Anub'arak only one tank is necessary. The other tank is there for backup and add control in phase 1. You might as well mitigate the raid's damage by 30% for 10 seconds.

HoJ works on Anub'arak adds. Stunning every 20 seconds will prove incredibly useful in terms of damage avoided. I'm not sure if HoJ works in any other 3.2 encounters. My guess is that it'll work on at least one of the Faction Champions, but I didn't have an opportunity to test it. The other possibility would be Lord Jaraxxus adds.
Nadir

Postby Amaliel » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:43 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdtsMh0c

Here is the spec I'm planning for and explination

Divine Guardian:
I do not always have a holy paladin present and would be much happier with me having my own SS and the other tank having the holy's SS than I getting the holy's SS.

Reckoning:
While it did get upgraded to 'eh' status with the SoV change, I still don't like it. I don't have expertise to prevent the parrys and between hammer and white I don't think it'll take long to build SoV.

Benediction:
1 point and personally I perfer putting one point in benediction and getting SOMETHING most of the time than 1 in BoM or judgement and never using it.

Conv/crusader is still top dog for threat. It has competition now in the form of SotP, but against humanoids and the undead (which we still mostly fight) its supreme.
Amaliel

Postby Wulfhere » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:40 am

One thing you could do is take the 1 point out of Conviction and put it into IBoM to max it out.

This is probably what I will do since I only do 10-man raids, but if you don't always have a Ret, the 2 points would make sure it doesn't get overwritten by an improved Battle Shout, and then the whining starts from the Hunters and Rogues.
Wulfhere

Postby Venoseth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:12 pm

There's analysis on the threat from different talent combinations (including how many points you have to spend on utility talents, so count how many you want for your spec, and then pick the talent combination w/ the best TPS to you [taking into account mobs affected by Crusade's double-damage bonus effect]) herein the MATLAB thread.
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Return to Basic Training & Talents