Remove Advertisements

What part of U10 is PuGable on your realm?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Keion » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Re: What part of U10 is PuGable on your realm?

Postby Seloei » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:14 am

Siege for every server i'd guess also Antechamber.

But on our server i've pugged upto mimiron in 10man on an alt. Most can reach him and then end the raid or wipe a lot.
Seloei

Postby Duzzit » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:03 am

I've seen pugs up to general, though ive heard pugs that go weekly or so have done up to yoggy/even downed.

Duzzit

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:40 pm

True PUGs clear up through Auriaya regularly I imagine, there are some occasional mixed-guild groups that full clear though.

In U25 of course you'd be a lottery winner to get past Flame Leviathan.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Senador » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:23 am

We normally see a handful of Ulduar 10's pugs clearing up through Hodir/Thorim each week, though most end at around Antechamber.

There are also one or two, that are much more...selective that clear the whole thing and do some of the hard modes (Heart Breaker, Lose Illusion) but these almost function as little "sub" guilds at this point.
Senador

Postby Isetnefret » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:16 am

My guild does FL 25 with 12 people every week.

In a TRUE PuG 25 I've killed Thorim and wiped a lot on Hodir, Freya, and Mim.

I've never joined a 10 man PuG.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby Threatco » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:59 am

Some people call my 10 man group a pug. Often there are 3-5 non guildies in the group, but they tend to be the most active/regular raiders I have. They just don't want to be in a big guild for what ever reason.

We WOULD have been the first "pug" to kill algalon on our server, but it bug despawned from a soft reset :evil: :evil: :evil:
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Splug » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:07 am

My alt was invited to a pug last night for ulduar 10, but I had to pass and someone else went in my place. They finished GotUR.

It was a pretty well stacked pug - pretty much raid guild alts only.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Keion » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 am

A small update from me. Just did U10 pug. The group was led by alts of two hardcore pros with a few more experienced players and also a few new to U10 players. We cleared upto Thorim skipping Ignis and only IC was a slight problem. Raid ended at 3AM server time due to some raiders literally falling asleep.
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby Meloree » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 am

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "PUG". We have an alt-uld-10 that we regularily pug a couple of spots for, and we clear it with most hardmodes. We have an alt-uld-25 that we regularily pug about half a raid for, and we clear it with no hardmodes. Pure tradechat PUGs don't get that far. But half a raid being fully co-ordinated with a full understanding of the fight will get you a very long way.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Auroris » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Most pugs stop at Freya 2 elders. The rest is ezmode. ~_~
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby gokuson » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:55 pm

PsiVen wrote:True PUGs clear up through Auriaya regularly I imagine, there are some occasional mixed-guild groups that full clear though.

In U25 of course you'd be a lottery winner to get past Flame Leviathan.

i set up an FL 25 pug on a monday night just to get the kill, we go, one shoot the boss, since he is cake. A dumb warrior in full lvl 78 pvp blues rolls a 100 on the FL coil. worse part is that he is in my guild, and said he may need it for tanking because he was thinking of switching to it. since then if i pug an FL run, i do it with 12 people, 5/5 demo and 2 siege engines with some slight gear checks, its ridiculosly easy how fast FL goes to 20% in the first 30 seconds with 5 -10 stacks.

Now our guild is starting to do half guild/pug runs with gear checks and we have downed, razor, xt, FL+2, and ignis. i think my gear is good enough now since getting 7 replacements from HTOC and conq grinding to survive a kolo stack w/o using a cooldown. BTW the ring dropped again and i won it, but i passed it to our awesome new offtank to get him on par with my gear, the 219 ring from HTOC seems ridiculosly OP with that gem slot (i am way past the soft expertise cap so i dont' need the socket bonus), and i have the BOE ring from XT (its a block ring).

looking back i should have just ninja'd the ring ;)
gokuson

Postby Wrathy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:47 pm

On our server we have a pug that downs Yogg in 25 man on a weekly basis. It all depends on the depth of your "talent pool" that you can choose from, we have 20 guilds that have killed yogg, so the alts pool is pretty deep.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby yappo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:46 am

U 10 is part of the weekly pugging routine on Sporeggar EU. Pugs hold together until Hodir. The new emblem gear, however, seems to have lowered the interest in U10.

Running our weekly FL 25 run last Tuesday I was invited to tank Razor for another PUG. Don't know about the progress, but at least there are pugs stacked to progress beyond FL.

FL 25 has been pugged down on 10. I know because I lost the roll on Titanguard :D
In fact FL 25 is puggable to the extent that people start complaining if the number of raiders hit 20. At that point questions on hardmodes pop up. One tower only, and I've only managed it once on 10 and 25 each, but in both cases we went in at 80% manpower pugging it.
yappo

Postby Invisusira » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:21 am

Man people need to stop writing "PuG." It's "PUG" or "pug." "PuGable" makes it look like you hiccuped mid-word and reads as such.
Invisusira

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon