[25] Hodir - Hard Mode Threat

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Hodir - Hard Mode Threat

Postby Aither » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:53 pm

How to keep threat on Hodir hard mode when all the dps is going all out?
They way we do it is spread into groups so if someone gets a storm cloud he doesn't have to move around and spread it, it gets automatically spent to that group.

As a tank it's pure luck if you get storm cloud to yourself, and obviously with this tactics there is no one to bring it to you. Does anyone have any tips on how to maximize my TPS for hodir. An occasional storm cloud might gets to me, but not enough.
Caster dps is going wild with the cloud and the haste, the haste alone can make problems.

Protection is my offspec and my gear might not be great, but it's certainly good enough for this encounter, we are running it with 1 tank and just rotation cooldowns on the tank on frozen blows.

So any suggestions? Please post here. Thanks :)
Aither

Re: [25] Hodir - Hard Mode Threat

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Unless you get the storm cloud yourself, there's no way you'll hold threat off 15k DPS mages/locks.

Tell them to stay at 30-40 yds, taunt off them once they overaggro.

We have mages going all out asap, they mirror image and invis at the end of them, it works for them, i have to taunt off locks though.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Koatanga » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:12 pm

I'll echo that. Last night our boomkin had a string of 11 consecutive crits between 50k and 56k each.

There's no holding over that kind of threat - you just have to get the taunt in on-time and pray it doesn't fail.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby fafhrd » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Get first storm power to melee. Not only does this occasionally give you the buff, more importantly it gives rogues the buff, and they can one by one dump all their buffed threat into you, which helps a ton at the start.

later on, watch which caster is going to pull, taunt and then have him wipe threat.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Aither » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:20 am

I like the idea to bring storm cloud to the tank, but problem is as we have a lot of melee, the charges will probably get spent on the way to the tank.
Aither

Postby knaughty » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:02 am

To get buff to the tank, run around the melee.

In any case, the only way to hold him is to have someone peel from 36+ yards, taunt, then they shatter/mirror-image/invis/FD/etc.

Then do it again... and again....

One of our mages does 20k+ :shock:
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon