[25] Algalon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Algalon

Postby itankforcash » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:09 am

Question;

Is Big Bang damage more on 25 man?

If so...

I have nearly 48k raid buffed.

Can I survive Big Bang with bubble wall up.

If not, can I survive Big Bang with bubble wall up and a PW:S?
itankforcash

Postby Treck » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:07 am

Normal Big Bang = 76k-88k
Heroic Big Bang = 107k-112k
Ive only done 10man, but Bubblewall makes them go close to 40k hits, so if im topped off i can survive it with +8k hp, but the constellation hits you sometimes and ive been gibbed with them and the big bang at the same time since healers are down, I always use bubble and salvation for it now for safety tho (28-30k big bangs so lots of HP buffert for the constellationto take down).
Taken from wowhead.
However it is physical, is it reduced with shout/CoW? and is it lowered with the "nerf"?
Also PW:S is absorb, doesnt it go through those effects? or its only the immunity effects from bubble and iceblock it ignores?
Treck

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:44 am

it is correctly absorbed by PW:S.

PW:S + Salv + Divine prot make me take barely 20k damage in 10 men.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Markoh » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:10 am

itankforcash wrote:Question;

Is Big Bang damage more on 25 man?

If so...

I have nearly 48k raid buffed.

Can I survive Big Bang with bubble wall up.

If not, can I survive Big Bang with bubble wall up and a PW:S?

Two options on how to survive.
1) Divine Guardian
2) Shadow priest dispersion
Markoh

Postby Joanadark » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:28 pm

You mean Guardian Spirit, not Divine Guardian.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Markoh » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Ya I wrote that right before I left the house; I always mix the names of those two up.
Markoh

Postby Joanadark » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:32 pm

http://media.forlornlegacy.net/fl-algalon-hd.avi

Video up.
OMG the intro is so beast. =D
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Seloei » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:55 am

Interesting movie, but was wondering what addons does he use for the raidframe? Is that some form of grid or something else?
Seloei

Postby fafhrd » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:25 am

Intro: great, if too long to want to watch more than once
Video of someone healing without even an omen/recount to look at: really boring :/
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Seloei wrote:Interesting movie, but was wondering what addons does he use for the raidframe? Is that some form of grid or something else?

sraidframes.

Intro: great, if too long to want to watch more than once
Video of someone healing without even an omen/recount to look at: really boring :/

meh, I do enough staring at omen and recount actually playing I find. I think it's mostly that the Algalon fight itsself is boring than anything else. I miss KJ.
We were supposed to have footage from our feral druid to alternate in, but his stuff got corrupted trying to upload it. =(
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:07 am

KJ was awesome, but so are Algalon imo ^^
We have only killed it 3times in 10man so far, but i also notice it feels less and less.
Its a simple fight really, hardly any random elements just a bit intense on all parts (less so now tho).
Its one of those fights that if youve done it once, you can do it over and over and over again.
The learning curve is jumpy, esp with only 1hour/week. But after you get past the first big bang, theres not much to stop you from killing him the same try. First time we actually lived through the first big bang we made it to 30% when a healer forgot to move.

As dps i feel its important to have Recount, but not during the fight to try to topp it recklessly, nor would i do so as healer. Its a good way to evaluate your tries and see how you can improove, and if you got someone else of the same class doing better/worse, you can compare and see if they are doing wrong (if your killing algalon 25man this shouldnt really be a problem since those doing "worse" would have been tossed out long ago)
Treck

Postby Markoh » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Imo nothing touches kj. As a paladin wanna be tank who was forced to heal through most of bc this was like my shining moment. Not only do I get to tank, but those warriors who have been complete idiots with respect to other tank classes got sat if your raid leader had the guts to do it. It was that fight which got my my spot in my new guild, since my old one died on M'uru when I transferred I was meant to be full time holy but I tanked it so well that I got in purely on my tanking ability and eventually became one of the main tanks for wotlk.

That combined with how epic the fight is, and how purely hectic it got during p4 and p5 before any of the nerfs. Man the first time you hit p4 with a real raid up the tension just jumps like 4 to 5 levels, it feels like the room is falling in on you and you still have to combine this with everything from the previous stage (including almost flawless execution of dragon buffing).

On top of all that you had to approach each type of reflections differently, and you literally had the time it took you to clsoe range on them to figure out what you were gonna do. Plus you needed to rock threat so the raid could down the adds quick enough, I had a wings/destro pot rotaion going with subbing in ironshields if it was rogues. Man, I loved that fight.
Markoh

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Joanadark wrote:meh, I do enough staring at omen and recount actually playing I find. I think it's mostly that the Algalon fight itsself is boring than anything else. I miss KJ.
We were supposed to have footage from our feral druid to alternate in, but his stuff got corrupted trying to upload it. =(

Oh, I wasn't saying I actually want to watch recount/omen during the video either... but even that would be more interesting that watching health bars move back and forth >.>.

KJ healing only videos were about as boring to watch (fortunately most KJ vids I remember spliced in DPS/tank/orb footage instead of just healer PoV).

Note that I'm not saying either fight is easy to heal; having no experience of healing I wouldn't know but I'd guess they're more strain on healers than on DPS/tanks... but actually watching video of that healing...

Am I missing out and there are actually healing only videos that are fun to watch for non-healers?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Theres a reason why people play tanks or healers or DPS. We find different things exciting. Personally I can think of several videos from a DPS perspective that I thought were dull as hell because it was just 10 minutes of watching some mage stand still and cast fireball over and over and over.
Joanadark

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:39 pm

Yeah, most people won't post videos of a mage chaincasting either >.> If you're stuck with only getting footage showing only 1 DPS playing on a tank and spank, it's usually a melee to avoid the visible metronome of a cast-bar constantly up.

Mage on muru is quite a bit of fun to watch though depending on strat.

Most boring PvE videos I've ever seen were:
a) a destro lock on brutallus with game damage turned off and the default UI in korean
b) a priest of some sort on our server on their first twin emps kill
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon