6969 Question / Thought

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

6969 Question / Thought

Postby Chanserv » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Tried searching for a thread about this, but couldn't find anything :/ bad search terms I'm sure.

The way I open most boss fights is with Judge, ShoR, Hs... just for a quick bit of extra threat in the start.

normaly following the full 69696 / 96969 rotation it would be

Judge, ShoR, HS, Hotr, cons, ShoR ... ect ect

A thought I had with the Libram of Obstruction, gives you the 352BV for 5 sec, and having 2/2 imp judge to get to the tier 3 talents in ret, would a rotation like this work out

Judge, ShoR, HS, HotR, Cons, Judge, ShoR, HS, HotR, Cons, Judge,

the down side is you run into about .5 sec delay going from cons to judge. But will the extra BV from the libram make up for the time lost, and possibility out threat the Regular 69696 rotation? or at least be equal to it?

I've tried testing this out.. but I run out of mana really quick on the dummy's and I get different TPS report (hehe) every time :/
Chanserv

Re: 6969 Question / Thought

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 pm

You're delaying your highest threat ability, ShoR, by 2 seconds every time. It has a cooldown of 6 seconds, which you're turning into an effective cooldown of 8 seconds. So in the same period of time, you'll get only 75% as many ShoR as you would have from using it on every CD. To counter this, each ShoR would have to hit 33% harder. LoO on every ShoR rather than every other ShoR will not enable this to happen. In addition, as every dps should know, standing around hitting nothing at any point when you could otherwise be hitting something is essentially negative haste and a DPS loss, so introducing a systemic 0.5 second pause where you're not hitting any threat generating ability is not going to do your DPS/TPS any favours.

You really ought to be starting each fight with Holy Shield already up by the time the boss first swings as well.
Rhiannon

Postby Chanserv » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks for the detailed response. I'm bad with numbers so this part

Rhiannon wrote:To counter this, each ShoR would have to hit 33% harder.

helped me a lot thank you :) Just stick with the basic's I guess :)
Chanserv

Postby Chicken » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 am

Also of note is that the next Shield of Righteousness after a Judgement is always guaranteed to get the Libram of Obstruction benefit when following 6969. You'll always judge either 1.5 seconds or 4.5 seconds before a Shield of Righteousness, so by just following 6969 you get nearly the same amount of Shield of Righteousness uses boosted by the libram, while also getting in a few extra ones that weren't boosted by the libram.
Chicken

Postby Candiru » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:45 am

Yeah, each Judgement will always boost exactly 1 ShoR.

There is no need to try to control the order in this way, since you will always get the same boost to your next ShoR after a judgement. All you are doing is delaying ShoR and speeding up Consecration and Judgement. Which is a TPS loss.
Candiru

Postby abinning » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 am

And remember with 3.2 LoO will last longer and affect every ShoR.
abinning

Postby Chanserv » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:44 pm

just chalk up another failtheroy for me :D I'm good at that.

abinning wrote:And remember with 3.2 LoO will last longer and affect every ShoR.

I missed the part where they are boosting the affect of LoO that will be nice if i don't get a new libram any time soon :/
Chanserv

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations