[H] Old Kingdom - Herald bracer drop

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Tiranknight » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:29 pm

I felt the same way you did back when I was farming for those Bracers, they were the last Pre-Naxx upgrade I needed and I had every other piece of gear I wanted from Heroics other than them. They actually took me longer to obtain than the Red Sword of Courage.. (11 H-UP runs for the Sword, around 15-16 for these Bracers)

Such a pain because Old Kingdom was one of the suckiest Heroics to PUG when I couldn't get a guild run going. Those Bracers are actually the last 5-man Item I need to upgrade out of... Figures I passed on Bracers of the Unholy Knight twice.. because I was saving Gear points for a weapon upgrade, and now they don't drop anymore.
Tiranknight

Re: [H] Old Kingdom - Herald bracer drop

Postby ginga-uk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:45 am

This trick worked for me.

Go the the AH, and splash some gold on some 60 emblem of valor bracers. Next time your in there it's an almost guaranteed drop.

Hope this helps. :)
ginga-uk

Postby Bundy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:35 am

Ya I remember in Vanilla WoW I was trying to farm the epic cloth robe back in Scholomance. Ran it all the time with my priest (Actual drop rate was 0.3% I think it was) and wouldnt you know it, the FIRST time I run it with my rogue just for shits and giggles, it drops. WoW has a way of toying with you sometimes it seems. While other times epics seem to fall in your lap when you least expect it. I didnt even know anything about VoA, didnt know who, what, where, when....nothin. Did a WG and got a tell asking if I wanted to tank it, I was like "uhh sure" easy 1 shotted and badass epic pants drop. 102 str, 130 stam, some def, dodge, and 84 BV!!
Bundy

Postby JRichland » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:23 am

It seems now would be agood time to follow up on this once sad tale...

I came home drunk one friday night with the haunting image of the herald bracers engraved on m mind. I sloppily tanked it through several wipes and, lo, the mighty herald doth bear fruit indeed. I promptly spend my remaining gold on the bracer enchant and passed out.

I woke up in the morning for my naxx10 raid a bit hung over from my night. We opened up with arachnid quarter and 15 min later, between faerlina and maexxna, the minion bracers dropped.

The rng is a fickle queen indeed.
JRichland

Postby Bundy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Sure enough the very first time I run Old Kingdom with my Priest guess what drops?

On the other hand my first run through H AzN, the epic cloth belt dropped, so it has a way of evening out sometimes.
Bundy

Postby Bundy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:38 am

Sure enough, I run H VH with my priests 1 time and Lavantors Talisman drops.
Then I run Naxx 10 later that day and Repelling charge drops.

Curse you RNG!!!
Bundy

Previous

Return to General Strats