[Solo]King Varian Wrynn

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[Solo]King Varian Wrynn

Postby Non » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:10 pm

This was the best try.

The King himself is not really hard when you have the gear for it and will be piss easy with the block boost in 3.2. The hardest part is random alliance players, that is what killed me every try. Will start later next time or bribe 2-3 horde to be my bodyguard during the kill.

Kill as many elite guards you can before you pull him and when you do, kill the rest before you start on the king. They will not hurt you but will use up all of your Holy Shield charges and without them you will not last long. Take him to one of the rooms on the side and slowly bring him down.

His abilities are Whirlwind and Heroic Leap and you want to avoid them. Run away from the whirl when he cast it to avoid the dmg. But be careful! He will use Heroic Leap and stun you for 2 sec if you run too far way. There is a deadzone where you can avoid the whirl and his use of Heroic Leap.

I used BV gear for this and had around 2750BV with Libram of the Sacred Shield. He still hits for more than JoL and Seal of Light can heal, unless you are really lucky avoiding his mainhand attack (MH 5k-5,7k and OH 2,8k before block). To survive this I used autoblocker, Glyph of Salv to reduce some of the dmg and Wings for the extra healing. Specced 2/2 Guardians Favor so I could Bubble/BoP every 2min and heal myself back to full.

That is all, rinse and repeat and hope there are no alliance players around killing you when you have Varian Wrynn on 1%......

(I hope you can understand and there arn't too many typos. I am really tired writing this at 06:30am after trying this 5-6 times and always some tard killing me)
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Re: [Solo]King Varian Wrynn

Postby Non » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Getting closer, need more luck with alliance
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:06 pm

As a dwarf, I support your efforts.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby sublimated » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:46 pm

PsiVen wrote:As a dwarf, I support your efforts.

Stinky humans. /begins a coup
sublimated

Postby Leuthas » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:24 am

Great... my King is soloable.

*runs after Thrall*
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:37 pm

I was under the impression Thrall is a caster hence more complicate to solo.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tubben » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:52 am

update ?
Tubben

Postby Non » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:23 pm

The King is dead! Long live your new Queen!

Super easy with 3.2! Forget my old tactics! Stand in a corner and do your standard 969 rotation and JoL will keep you alive.
Non

Postby amh » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:27 am

/cheer

About time someone showed that bastard who's boss.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Tolaana » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Oh how I wish I was horde so I could try this.
ImageImageImage
I make no claims to sanity, spelling, grammar, or really any content worth reading in my post.
Tolaana

Postby Leuthas » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Try Cairne.. :lol:
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 am

So what'd he drop? How much honor was he worth?
Shoju

Postby amh » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:17 am

Leuthas wrote:Try Cairne.. :lol:

Well, I had to try. I don't see that happening until I find a way to pull him without all the guards inside his chamber. Cairne himself hit me for around 1500 post-block (2441 + libram), his guards melee swing for 100-300. One of them stuns you, though, at which point it all starts to hurt.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Non » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 am

Shoju wrote:So what'd he drop? How much honor was he worth?

1700 Honor and 70-90g

ohh and this--->

Non

Postby loladine » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:58 pm

I tried this with some random BV gear and i was just gonna see how much he hit for then it turned out i could solo him and i did fairly well tanking him in the corner and staying alive with SoL/Jol and the occasional bubble full heal

Then only the worst thing could happen :<

a raid doing For the Horde showed up
... so close
loladine

Next

Return to General Strats