Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Aetherial » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:43 am

Cates! /hump

You left me all alone on MR... now who am I going to make prot pally babies with?
Aetherial

Postby Gavel » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:16 am

There will always be the Battlegrounds my dear.

Meet me in the back of the Yeti cave!
Gavel

Postby Joanadark » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:17 pm

I wouldn't say that a paladin can't tank this fight, but there are a LOT of reasons to not use one. Spell reflecting Deaden is only part of it. The screams at the end that burn mana and rage are brutal. It's too easy for the warrior to just switch stances really fast and dump all of their rage. I'm all about Paladins being on the same level as warriors, but this fight just doesn't lend itself to us.

Gavel, you didn't read the thread at all.

But I will forgive you because your sig is bloody amazing.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Gavel » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:07 pm

I did read it! I just didn't agree with it.

Thanks for the comment about the sig though!
Gavel

Postby Rhî » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:51 am

RoS P2 without Deaden spellreflected to RoS is a wipe. No raid will be able to do enough dps without the spellreflected debuff on RoS. Maybe with lvl 80, but who cares?
Rhî

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:23 am

Joanadark wrote:But I will forgive you because your sig is bloody amazing.

I might end up asking why he is using the healing mace in the sign tho :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gavel » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:42 am

Cause WoWmodelviewer's itemlist didn't include Hammer of Judgement, and the Hammer of Atonement looks better with the T5. I never had a Gruul's shield, I just used it because it looks amazing with that armor set.

It's all about the looks!
Gavel

Postby Lansky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:45 am

Rhî wrote:RoS P2 without Deaden spellreflected to RoS is a wipe. No raid will be able to do enough dps without the spellreflected debuff on RoS. Maybe with lvl 80, but who cares?

Joana's comment to Gavel and which would apply to this comment was targeted at the fact that the question asker was speaking of EoA. EoA is the Souls name during phase 3 and therefore deaden was not part of the most recent question.
Lansky

Postby Mithos » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:38 pm

Yup currently I'm just standing there judgeing and healing in p2/3, could try MT'ing in p3, we killed EoD just as people started to drop (bad attempt) had about 17 left when EoA appeared so the RL gave him to me to see how it went, wasn't very useful though as I was in block stacked gear. Let's see what happens tomorrow ;).
Mithos

Postby Aetherial » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:21 pm

Funny story here...

So we're working on RoS.... we get to EoA, and our MT (warrior) is getting his ass handed to him because of Soul Scream. Our 3rd or so time getting to EoA, our MT bites it in the first 20 seconds, so I RD'ed it off him and started tanking as a joke.

That "joke" got us to 22%.

I was still wearing my blocking gear since I'm tanking EoS... basically Soul Scream was really hardly a factor at all, you have plenty of mana for full-rank Consecrate, HS, and JoR (from what I remember, it was kind of a blur).

The best thing about it? The healers, after that attempt, said "let Aetherial tank it, she takes more than 10% less damage than the MT". So, apparently I'll be working EoA seriously on our next day of attempts.

Just FYI also, RD doesn't seem to trigger Seethe. Not sure if it's bugged or what, but it doesn't. The way we're going to get around it is to have me drop a Consecrate under the pod as EoA spawns (which I was doing before so our MT could taunt off and pop Seethe before), then our MT will taunt, and I'll unleash a threat bomb and rip it off of him (RD if necessary, but I don't think it will be), then go to town. Hopefully we'll be seeing this fight again on Wednesday, and I'll post more data then.

This is very, very interesting :D

(Turns out I frapp'ed that attempt, and I'm also chasing down the WWS parses to get some hard numbers. I'll post more when I have that data.)
Aetherial

Postby Mithos » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:45 am

You need to taunt the boss "itself" apparantly. I asked around and it makes sense. Warriors/bares taunt the boss rather than a player, hence seethe. RD does not trigger seethe, I have tried it on wipes. Anyway we are sorting out our guld for a little bit so we are putting RoS on hold. Time to farm some gear!
Mithos

Postby Lansky » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:31 am

Not to try and steal your thunder or anything Aetherial, but does your warrior tank know how to drop his rage bar by switching into defensive stance from defensive stance? If he smashes a stance swap button as scream is casting he should never have more than a few rage and the burn should be trivial a large part of the time.

By all means show him up before pointing this out though if he did not realize it. Damn uppity warriors.

Mithos wrote:You need to taunt the boss "itself" apparantly.

Yup =(
One of the many aggravating aspects of RD.
Lansky

Postby Joanadark » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:57 pm

Funny story here...

So we're working on RoS.... we get to EoA, and our MT (warrior) is getting his ass handed to him because of Soul Scream. Our 3rd or so time getting to EoA, our MT bites it in the first 20 seconds, so I RD'ed it off him and started tanking as a joke.

That "joke" got us to 22%.

I was still wearing my blocking gear since I'm tanking EoS... basically Soul Scream was really hardly a factor at all, you have plenty of mana for full-rank Consecrate, HS, and JoR (from what I remember, it was kind of a blur).

The best thing about it? The healers, after that attempt, said "let Aetherial tank it, she takes more than 10% less damage than the MT". So, apparently I'll be working EoA seriously on our next day of attempts.

Just FYI also, RD doesn't seem to trigger Seethe. Not sure if it's bugged or what, but it doesn't. The way we're going to get around it is to have me drop a Consecrate under the pod as EoA spawns (which I was doing before so our MT could taunt off and pop Seethe before), then our MT will taunt, and I'll unleash a threat bomb and rip it off of him (RD if necessary, but I don't think it will be), then go to town. Hopefully we'll be seeing this fight again on Wednesday, and I'll post more data then.

This is very, very interesting

(Turns out I frapp'ed that attempt, and I'm also chasing down the WWS parses to get some hard numbers. I'll post more when I have that data.)

Toldya

*HUGE grin*

Who called it? I called it!
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Splug » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Does Soulscream have a cast time that I'm completely overlooking? The recast timer isn't perfect (the AI has to 'decide' to use it) and in a damage-enhanced DPS race, the tank can't afford to stand around and mash Defensive Stance from when Soulscream is ready until it actually fires. I blow a GCD on it if I'm over about 50 rage, but always staying low on rage (especially with that aura ticking) is really kinda an "easier said than done" escape plan.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Lansky » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:47 pm

Well obviously I can't speak from first hand experience since you are the warrior here =P

All I can say is that when I was healing out MT after the first scream (had to have a point at which to start our timers) he was never above about 30 rage for a scream except of the very rare occasion. This is something I closely paid attention to as if his rage ever climbed up high as the CD was ticking down i'd suggest he burn it (annoying but its like telling healers to heal, duh) or call for help. After our first night of attempts on phase 3 and subsequent kill I never once again called for any sort of help.

Annecdotal, but that's about all I can give ya.
Lansky

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple