[25] Ulduar trash (and raid compo)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Ulduar trash (and raid compo)

Postby Zeruvar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:07 pm

Id like to ask some quick comments for the trash in Ulduar (the ones after XT more specifically) and how you make your raid composition

for the trash, (the 6 mob pull with 4 dwarfs and 2 golems) we've done it by CC on the 2 lightning dwarfs (and CC on the golems if we have it/OT'd if we dont) and kill the healers. Basic raid pull imo just like BC raids. The problem is we wipe on these occasionally.
Heres what i think might be wrong:
A. Maybe its because Tanks arent geared enough (i dont believe so since were in a mix of naxx10/25 and uld10 gear)
B. Not enough raid healers? (we use to run at 5-6 healers) OR;
c. DPS/CC have forgotten how to raid and just break/skip CC? (we have a core raid group of around 20, so we usually take pugs or just ask the casuals in guild if they want to come along)

I dont think its A and B. C has usually been the case especially with the pugs we end up taking. Are we doing something wrong? Or is it just that people have been spoiled by t7 raid content to actually forget how pulls are done back in vanilla/bc (e.g. SSC/TK mobs)

And for raid composition btw, did you guys run progression raids with 5-6 healers, or more?

Thanks a lot for any insight you can give
Zeruvar

Re: [25] Ulduar trash (and raid compo)

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Facts about those pulls:

1) Robots will occasionally root themselves and double their melee damage, hence will start meleeing for 30k+. They will generally rape a undergeared tank fairly quick. How to counter: either all run away (melee included or they will get oneshotted), or the tank pops a cooldown.
2) The bigger Lightning dorfs will have a frontal aoe proc on their melee attacks. It hurts.
3) The smaller Lightning dorfs have a strong channeled heal (non interruptable), hence MS/Wound poison should be active on the current DPS target. Both dorfs active at same time can easily outheal a full BiS raid without a MS effect. They also place a very nasty dispellable debuff on random person which will morph them into a mobile AoE, MUST be dispelled istantly.

That's pretty much about it. CC the small dorfs and the 2 robots, kill mobs one by one, profit.

Now, we just AoE them, but we are bored.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zeruvar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:16 pm

now that i didnt notice, thanks for that info :)
Zeruvar

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Change around the CC marks and sheep the healers instead, will make it easier to burn them down.

Mind Soothe the first 2 and sheep the healers, banish the elementals and burn the 2 lightning guys. After that kill the golems which aren't banished and then kill off the healers one by one. Resheep if necessary and give hell to the trigger happy rogues who spam fan of knives or dk's who spam pestilence etc.
Seloei

Postby Neara » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:50 am

Zeruvar wrote:now that i didnt notice, thanks for that info :)

seems to be a problem with a lot of players .. dunno but if i get to a new mob and he get's a buff, the first thing i do is mouseover it and read what it does. maybe i loose some TPS or even wipe the raid with it, but hey better wipe and know what the mob does than wipe 5 times without knowing (and as RL i'm allowed to wipe the raid :D )
Neara

Postby Mert » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:26 am

We generally have two Warlocks in our 25-mans so we get both to cycle Banish on the golems and save those until last. The Warlocks keep Banish up the entire time until called to let it fade over Vent.

If we have two Mages, we take both off DPS duty and have them spam Sheep on the Iron Menders over and over. CC will be broken constantly, but if they just keep spamming it then it doesn't really matter.

The Golems are the worst part due to their damage buff, so keeping them Banished helps a lot. They can also be Hexed but this will only keep them for so long as the cooldown is longer than the spell duration. Be sure to begin moving the pull to the other side of the room to avoid splash damage breaking the Hex. Some people prefer to single-target DPS and tank them, but I personally prefer moving them away and unloading properly.
Mert

Postby Belloc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:45 am

I feel stupid for never noticing that they were able to be banished.

That said, however, I love integrating tanking cooldowns into trash pulls, and these pulls are exceptional for such a usage. Pull the two big guys, CC the rest (usually 2 sheeps, 2 saps), burn one of the big guys, blow shield wall when they root, burn the other, kill the rest one at a time, or two-three at a time if DPS breaks them... which they always do.
Belloc

Postby abinning » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:50 am

Belloc wrote:I feel stupid for never noticing that they were able to be banished.

I only noticed this Tuesday. Just happened to notice it was elemental, so i had my lock try it. Makes the pulls much cleaner.
abinning

Postby Zeruvar » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:51 am

Neara wrote:
Zeruvar wrote:now that i didnt notice, thanks for that info :)

seems to be a problem with a lot of players .. dunno but if i get to a new mob and he get's a buff, the first thing i do is mouseover it and read what it does. maybe i loose some TPS or even wipe the raid with it, but hey better wipe and know what the mob does than wipe 5 times without knowing (and as RL i'm allowed to wipe the raid :D )

maybe im just being lazy, but id think dps should be the ones reading up on what buffs/debuffs the raid is getting. hehehe
Zeruvar

Postby Zeruvar » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:53 am

but like i mentioned, its good to see good ole CC mechanics being used now. about the only CC i ever saw in t7 was stun for the whirlwinds in DK wing
Zeruvar

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon