[25] Ignis changes?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Ignis changes?

Postby Arees » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:59 pm

My guild was doing Ignis last night and I thought I noticed something. Either he spawns fires less often, or they last for a shorter duration.

I'm almost positive that when we did it before, there would be 3 fires up most of the time, with the oldest one going out moments before he does the fourth. Last night though the 1st fire would go out as soon as he did the 3rd one. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just losing my mind?

We wiped the first time because the DK tank gripping the molten constructs into the water is new and had never done it before. We wiped the 2nd time because the fires kept despawning before the adds could get molten because I had told him there would be 3 fires up at nearly any given time.
Arees

Re: [25] Ignis changes?

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Your memory is probably flawed since i never seen more than 2 fires up at once.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Huon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:19 pm

We have had 3 fires down at the same time multiple times.
Huon

Postby Xfighter » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:24 pm

I've always had the 1st fire go out shortly after the 3rd lands.

Sometimes 3 stay up for awhile, due to timing of the scorches, but mainly only have ever had 2 up at once.
Xfighter

Postby Corman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:56 am

Have done Ignis since the start of Uld. 2 fires are always up unless you use water, and GENERALLY the 1st one goes out as the 3rd one is laid down, but sometimes due to lag or something for a second or two, 3 may be up.
Corman

Postby Sinnegorth » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Ignis is still kicking our ass. Any hints you guys can give?

We're using the square method rotation with two OT's (25 man - I've killed him on ten) and a couple of boomkins in the water. I usually OT because imo tanking the boss on that fight is ezmode. The add tanking takes some skill and coordination.

I've noticed that I can bring an add to the scorch and stun it and leave.
Sinnegorth

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:12 pm

I just tank the adds in the scorches. Ticks for about 3k? or so and got a dedicated healer on me.
I also do this in BV gear (with sta trinkets) and shatter the adds myself without any external help.
Just make sure your topped up before you shatter it. Shieldslam and Avengers shield (glyphed atleast) are both strong enough to get rid of the add.
Treck

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon