Remove Advertisements

New achievment site, need testers!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Thalia » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:51 am

Yes that was me. NO somehow we lost where the hell in the admin section do you set your avatar. Only like 5 users have it set and we want to see why we cant find it. We want users to be able to find it. So since you are one of the few with an avatar, I was asking for your help =)
Thalia

Postby Braundo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:14 pm

I never set an avatar, and I wasn't aware of any such feature either, which is why I was confused. O_o

As far as I can remember, all I have done on that site is register, and click around a bit to test it out. I've done no avatar uploading, haha. I thought it just used the default Blizz Armory icon?
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Thalia » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Braundo wrote:I never set an avatar, and I wasn't aware of any such feature either, which is why I was confused. O_o

As far as I can remember, all I have done on that site is register, and click around a bit to test it out. I've done no avatar uploading, haha. I thought it just used the default Blizz Armory icon?

No i guess the avatar i meant was in your admin profile, which will be used when you post comments and the suck, it gave you one... hmmm I'll have Aergis investigate it lol.
Thalia

Postby Arees » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:22 am

Nothing major... just a little type... =D

Achievements in-game tend to get burried and tucked away.

Thats the first sentence when you click the suggested tab. Which btw, I really like that feature. I do have one suggestion though, and that is to have the suggestions ignore holiday events unless maybe that holiday is happening. Two of the suggested achievements for me are What a Long Strange Trip its Been, and Brew of the Year; neither of which I can do until october and are taking up slots that could be used for other achievements I'm near completing.

Also, could you add a drop down menu to that tab to show maybe the top 10, 20, 50 achievements you are close to finishing? I don't know how you're deciding which ones are 'close' to being done.... but maybe allow a threshold to be set too... maybe like anywhere from 75-95%...
Arees

Postby Thalia » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:03 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:Nothing major... just a little type... =D

Achievements in-game tend to get burried and tucked away.

Thats the first sentence when you click the suggested tab. Which btw, I really like that feature. I do have one suggestion though, and that is to have the suggestions ignore holiday events unless maybe that holiday is happening. Two of the suggested achievements for me are What a Long Strange Trip its Been, and Brew of the Year; neither of which I can do until october and are taking up slots that could be used for other achievements I'm near completing.

Also, could you add a drop down menu to that tab to show maybe the top 10, 20, 50 achievements you are close to finishing? I don't know how you're deciding which ones are 'close' to being done.... but maybe allow a threshold to be set too... maybe like anywhere from 75-95%...

Thanks for the type info. The suggested tab doesn't have a limited amount of slots, it solely basis it's findings on the threshold mike put.... might be 80% but I guess maybe he can do like you click to which percentage you want, not sure if it will be really hard to do though.
Thalia

Postby Arees » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:56 am

It shaping up very nicely. The only suggestion I have left atm (and I believe someone else mentioned it) is to keep the Hide Completed check box checked when you change categories.

Also, I'm not sure if you changed anything about the suggested tab, but it no longer is showing the holiday achievements that I can't work on now... which is a good thing imo. If that was intended, then my only question is will they show up during the holiday?

The only actual problem now seems to be the tearing of the background image while scrolling. This isn't a major problem and only seems to effect users of firefox. If you really wanted to you could probably go to www.mozillazine.org and post in one of the forums asking why it does this and they would be willing to help you.
Arees

Postby Thalia » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:57 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:It shaping up very nicely. The only suggestion I have left atm (and I believe someone else mentioned it) is to keep the Hide Completed check box checked when you change categories.

Also, I'm not sure if you changed anything about the suggested tab, but it no longer is showing the holiday achievements that I can't work on now... which is a good thing imo. If that was intended, then my only question is will they show up during the holiday?

The only actual problem now seems to be the tearing of the background image while scrolling. This isn't a major problem and only seems to effect users of firefox. If you really wanted to you could probably go to http://www.mozillazine.org and post in one of the forums asking why it does this and they would be willing to help you.

Thanks. We really do appreciate all the feedback, helps make this site the best it can be. Aergis has been working what we call his second job on this site lol, and I have written almost 100 guides and won't be happy until I have a guide for every achievement that needs one :D Hoping to launch soon, though we have some issues to still work out. Of course the site is available to everyone even though we haven't publicly launched it yet, hope it's doing what it was intended for, helping those overachievers.
Thalia

Postby Arees » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Found something new.

When you go to your profile, change something, and click save... A yellow bar appears across the top of the screen. At first I thought this was some sort of glitch, but in white letters inside the yellow bar is says "user updated." It wasn't even remotely possible for me to read this until I highlighted the line with my mouse.

The yellow color does not really fit in with the rest of the theme, and it makes the text inside of it impossible to read.
Arees

Postby Khayne » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Dunno why i keep getting "Character not found".

EU realm Kul Tiras, Char name Khayne.
Forgotten to fix the empty space on the server like on kirin tor earlier?
Khayne

Postby Thalia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Khayne wrote:Dunno why i keep getting "Character not found".

I was able to retrieve it. I think there is a bug that sometimes it takes refreshing to find the char.
Thalia

Postby Thalia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:10 pm

I was able to set your character, but when i tried to look at your suggested items i couldnt find your char. Mike will read this when he gets home and see whats going on.
Thalia

Postby Sarevok » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:26 pm

I get a "Player not found." error when I set my character and click "Suggested" tab. Same thing happens when I login my character :D.

Character: Sarevok
Realm: US Kul Tiras
Sarevok

Postby Khayne » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:37 am

Could clarify, i do get the icon of myself on topleft, but i can't see any of the achievments i've done nor the suggestions tab as both give that warning.

tested on opera and firefox.
Khayne

Postby amh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 am

Thalia wrote:
Khayne wrote:Dunno why i keep getting "Character not found".

I was able to retrieve it. I think there is a bug that sometimes it takes refreshing to find the char.

That part might be a bug within the armory itself. I often have to try a couple of times to see my character (both on the original armory and on third-party sites like chardev).
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Arees » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:30 am

amh wrote:That part might be a bug within the armory itself. I often have to try a couple of times to see my character (both on the original armory and on third-party sites like chardev).

Me too. Sometimes when I look for myself on the armory, the first time I search it shows a blank list and I have to search again for the list to appear.

*edit*

There does appear to be a problem with the site though. When I first go to the home page, it gives me the character not found error, doesn't display my portrait, or number of achievements points. But, if I refresh the site or click on any achievement tab it loads just fine after that. This happens every time I go to the site for the first time.
Arees

PreviousNext

Return to General