Heal bot -> Tank bot =D

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Heal bot -> Tank bot =D

Postby Sabateini » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:03 am

Some people here probly do the same as me and uses Heal bot for tanking, for the others, thats why im posting this. it's very useful for some paladin spells while tanking

for those who dont know, the way healbot works is it puts up a box with everyone's name and a health bar in it, spells are bound to the mouse clicks you do on these little boxes,

eg. holy light is bound to left click, i left click the box for fred, fred get's holy lighted

Heal bot does not specifically need heal spells, it just needs spells to be bound to it. i have 3 mouse buttons, which is the perfect amount

left: Righteous Defense
middle/wheel: Hand of Salvation
right: Hand of Protection

righteous defense with healbot is a godsend, healbot will put a red box around any raid member that has aggro on something, so click the red box and you just taunted, healers love you now.

couple healbot with omen and you got a quick salving solution

and for those "when shit happens" moments you can save our dps's life with a quick HoP (or break someone out of a yogg saron constrictor)

hope this has been helpful
Sabateini

Re: Heal bot -> Tank bot =D

Postby serrasin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:01 pm

I ues xperl/clique for a similar solution. I also have loh and DS bound to ctrl-click
serrasin

Postby Robin de tolens » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:48 am

I use my brains for this :roll:
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

Postby badgermonkey » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Clique + Grid here.
badgermonkey

Postby Lave » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:59 am

grid with a giant red corner icon for aggro + mouseover macro

i really prefer pressing a keybord- than a mousebutton. other
than that its the same as using healbot
not saying it aint a good thing tho.. but its just more stuff youll
have to fit into your ui since HB wont work as a raidframe
Lave

Postby Mandrollen » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:24 pm

you, my friend, fuckin ROCK!

I've been using healbot of course mainly for my holy spec, but when it comes to tanking, i was using my fifth mouse button to bop and middle mouse to focus target (then a key to taunt, etc).

What you suggested just shortcuts everything to be so much easier.

Thanks for the great post!! I will most definitely be using that.
Mandrollen

Postby Tanq » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:55 am

I highly recommend taking this one step further. I've converted to the Vuhdo healing mod for both healing and tanking. In my tank setup, shown here in our first Razorscale kill http://exodus-cairne.com/img/razorscale25.jpg I can easily tell the following:

Melee can't be seen, but is listed under the raid window (which is up for kill credit purpose for our realm progression thread)
Ranged are below them, which you can see. Each toons target is listed next to their name so you can tell who is targeting the wrong mob. Exactly the same for the Melee. You can also easily tell who has aggro, and who is dead. So, for instance, you know if you've lost all but 1 ranged on Mimiron, you are in trouble.

The Tank window shows your main tanks, as allocated in the built-in raid window, plus any you've added yourself, and their target.

The healer window, in the bottom right, shows the healers with a very large aggro indicater. I don't care what they are targeting, so I opt to not include that info. But I want to easily taunt off of the healers, more critically than the dps, so this allows me to easily do that. I can also easily tell how many healers are dead, OOM, in Kologarn's hand, etc....

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/vuhdo.aspx
Tanq

Postby Koatanga » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Healbot works well, but unless there's a change I don't know about, it doesn't swap spells automatically when I swap spec. It also needs a UI reload to change what spell is being cast. I'm OK swapping a profile when I swap spec, but not so much reloading my UI every time.

I ran into some problems with Vuhdo with "memory too large" things happening, which disabled all of my macros until a UI reload. This still happens occasionally without Vuhdo, so I can't tie it directly, but the frequency of these errors dropped dramatically when I canned Vuhdo. Perhaps it was just too much overhead.

I have tried Grid on countless occasions, and really want to like it because you can make nice clean UIs with it, but every tie has been a failure for one reason or another. Grid+Clique can't give you the smart-casting options that healbot and vuhdo have, and for raid frames I prefer X-perl if for no other reason than the right-click menu options.

I use Clique + Xperl for my tanking tasks, and healbot for my healing tasks. I would like X-perl to distiguish better between "taking damage" and "has aggro", but that's probably a settings issue I need to look into.

I like having both tasks available, because I do toss the odd beneficial spell during some fights. Yogg leaps to mind - in between dodging crusher tentacles, I cleanse and toss the odd heal if someone is dangerously low.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Mandrollen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Koatanga wrote:Healbot works well, but unless there's a change I don't know about, it doesn't swap spells automatically when I swap spec. It also needs a UI reload to change what spell is being cast. I'm OK swapping a profile when I swap spec, but not so much reloading my UI every time.

Maybe you need the latest version of healbot. I was pleasantly surprised to find that when I changed specs my different settings came through (takes a bit to change like 30secs to a minute). But it's working for me.

I'm going to try the other suggestions as well but so far healbot is win for me. Left-click is my righteous defense macro, middle scroll mouse is my BOP (or whatever its called now) and right -click is my salvation. Never fails.
Mandrollen

Postby Koatanga » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Mandrollen wrote:Maybe you need the latest version of healbot. I was pleasantly surprised to find that when I changed specs my different settings came through (takes a bit to change like 30secs to a minute). But it's working for me.

I'll give it a try. Seems like a long time to change - I don't always get a whole minute from "Koa, please heal this one" to "pull".
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Seloei » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:38 am

how big of a memory hog is healbot configured this way, and is it possible to set it up so you see what sanity level someone is and if he used last stand or shield wall etc?
Think i saw it in one of the forlorn legacy movies but couldn't figure out what the addons he used were.

While forever trying to find out the source of why i am lagging i accidentaly turned off the pitbull 4.0 raidframes and the fps went from 4 fps -> 30 fps so looking for an alternative.

Was thinking grid but then saw this topic.
Seloei

Postby Jegang » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:31 pm

Healbot works great. use the normal click for ret self heals or holy and shift-click or alt-click for prot.
Jegang

Postby guillex » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Nice. 4 months TO THE DAY.

Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby vegardhv » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:51 am

Healbot is awesome for tanking/healing. Have keybound HOP, HOSac, HOSalv, Cleanse, HOFree, righteous defense, lay on hands, flash of light, holy light, heavy frostweave bandage, sacred shield, beacon of light. Different mouse combos for prot heal, as healbot switches config when you switch spec.

Of course I'd rather use grid+clique, but it has a somewhat higher learning curve :(
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby smiter » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:08 am

Sorry to bump this but I am having some difficulty with my healbot addon and was hoping someone could assist me.

When I first dowloaded it I had no trouble setting up my RD as left click rather than flash of light. However, all of a sudden when I go to use it again it is now showing that nothing is mapped to the left and right mouse button.

The only thing I could think of was that it was due to activating my off spec ret talents then switching back to prot. I attempted to reset the UI, restore defaults, and log out then back in entirely. But Still RD is nowhere to be found on my other spell list, though RF is there.

Any help would be appreciated.
smiter

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros