Remove Advertisements

Rate heroic instances for badge farming.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Comma » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:24 am

Well, ZA/Kara badges arent released yet. :)
Comma

Postby cordelia » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:20 pm

Mech - 5 (also note that if you're time short, 3 badges 20-40 minutes is a really easy daily 3 badges).

SP - 5 (learn the shortcuts - makes it 3 badges in 30-45 minutes)

UB - 3 (4 easy badges, but the damn instance is too long)

ramps - 3 (very fast run, but only 2 badges - don't bother with last boss - no badge)

MT - 3 (eh...)
Setth Halls - 3 (not bad, actually, still a bit long)
BF - 2 (meh)
Arc - 2 (how can ppl rate this high? it was hell. and then skyriss bugged on us)

Durn - 1
BM - 1
-------
never tried the others. Need to get ppl to try heroic ShattH with me, but it's hard to find people willing to go.
cordelia

Postby Winchester » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:03 am

SH-5
Mech - 5
SP - 3 1/2
UB - 4
Bot - 5
Slabs - 3 1/2
Arc - 4
BF - 3
SV - 3
MT - 3 1/2
BM - 2
Sethekk halls - 2
Ramparts-2
Crypts - 3
Durnholde - 3 1/2
Seal of Posting
220 Mana
Instant Cast
Fills the paladin with the urge to troll, granting each post a chance of luls.
Only one seal can be active on the paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this seal will bump your thread.
Winchester
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:50 am

Ramparts - 2 no decent tankadin items and only 2 badges from a 40 minute run.
BF - 3 Can be 4 if u take a warlock and a mage. Otherwise some trash is quite hard.
SH - 5 I just love this 1. Clear in 45 minutes for 5 badges with a good group.

SP - ? Can't tell. Haven't tried it yet.
UB - 5 (Too easy, clear under an hour)
SV - 3 (Can be fast but the fearing packs make this place annoying)

Durnholde - 2 (quite hard from what I tried)
BM - 4 (get a good group and it's 30 min for 3 badges and nice rewards)

Sethekk Halls - 2 (again fearing and annoying groups in the end)
Crypts - 3 (not many badges, suprise mobs but overall quite doable)
MT - 4 (it's a nice instance when u need the rep and have at least 1 cc otherwise quite crap)
SLab - 3 (Takes forever to clear and 2nd boss is shit with the long taunt cd and mc)

Mech - 5 (nice and fast, esp with a warlock)
Bot - 4 (Mobs hit with spelldmg attacks which means multitanking is alot of inc dmg)
Arc - 4 (It's good if u got the shadowresist for the first boss and a decent group, 1,5 hour to clear though)
Tekkel

Postby Thax » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:29 pm

How do people rate Ramps now, post 2.3? I see a lot of PUGs hitting Ramps. Is it worth the time, especially with the fel iron chests giving two badges? That is assuming you have someone to open the chest of course.
Thax

Postby Comma » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:05 am

Thax wrote:How do people rate Ramps now, post 2.3? I see a lot of PUGs hitting Ramps. Is it worth the time, especially with the fel iron chests giving two badges? That is assuming you have someone to open the chest of course.

Its probably because the daily heroic was ramps.
Comma

Postby Exodius » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:36 am

Heroic ramps now is 3 badges. The chest only has one badge in it per person.

Heroic Mech has 4 now. The mini demon bosses don't drop badges, but the cache of the legion (the key thingy with the blue item in it) has a badge. Players must have been present at both demon kills for the badge to be in there.

Hmmm... badge ratings... I don't know, I haven't done every one yet.

I found Crpyts very easy. The patch notes said something about changing the instance. I don't know what it was like before, but it was a cakewalk and a half for me. :?

Ramparts does not seem too bad. There are a lot of stun locking mobs though, so your healer needs to be on the ball. The final dragon flying boss is not too bad though if your dps can kill the rider before the dragon lands and you have some fire resist gear on you. He drops the bracers I mainly use: http://thottbot.com/i27459

I tend to try for the daily place first off. If I have the time and energy (which I tend not to) I might try for Mech or Underbog. Those places are relatively easy.

I don't like Slave Pens though. Mobs on mobs with a lot of skipped mobs and fearing mobs and CC immune mobs... ah, I just hate it. Too many random crap wipes because of something skipped or some mob pathing the wrong way. I run it every now and then, but it's the "easy one" I hate the most right now.
Exodius

Postby Stylaan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:53 am

For the purpose of badge farming and assuming you're already done karazhan/za for the current reset these are the fastests heroics I can complete for badges with a group that outgears the instances:

Slave Pens - ~25 minutes 3 badges
Ramparts - ~25 minutes 3 badges
Shattered Halls - ~45 minutes 5 badges
Mechanar First Half - ~15 minutes 2 badges
Black Morass - ~35 minutes 3 badges
Stylaan

Postby Comma » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:16 am

Exodius wrote:I found Crpyts very easy. The patch notes said something about changing the instance. I don't know what it was like before, but it was a cakewalk and a half for me. :?

It was damn annoying if you run it in a pug, however they nerfed everything which was hard, especially they made the trash summon cd much longer, no longer 3-5 adds in 10sec anymore.
Comma

Postby Stylaan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:26 am

Comma wrote:
Exodius wrote:I found Crpyts very easy. The patch notes said something about changing the instance. I don't know what it was like before, but it was a cakewalk and a half for me. :?

It was damn annoying if you run it in a pug, however they nerfed everything which was hard, especially they made the trash summon cd much longer, no longer 3-5 adds in 10sec anymore.

Nothing more infuriating than running crypts. Telling people expressly to kill Possessors on sight, seeing one pop up, shout in vent to get it killed, and having it possess you anyways because people are ignoring you.
Stylaan

Postby Thax » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Comma wrote:
Thax wrote:How do people rate Ramps now, post 2.3? I see a lot of PUGs hitting Ramps. Is it worth the time, especially with the fel iron chests giving two badges? That is assuming you have someone to open the chest of course.

Its probably because the daily heroic was ramps.

Nah, it's an observation built up since 2.3 release.
Thax

Postby Garov » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:04 pm

kaisaa wrote:Wow, everyone rating SH very high. I tried it the other day and it was going along well until we got to the two head ogre boss. Could not down him. He would switch targets and two shot my clothies.

I found a handy tip for him many moons ago on this board. Unfortunately I don't remember the source so I can't properly give credit to where it's due. I've never tried Heroic Shat Halls but this always works on regular difficulty:
Start the fight normally, maintaning agg but don't go balls to the wall. Try to barely hold the agg. Reserve whatever mana you can. Judge Crusader on him and cruise.
When he switches to "phase 2" THEN pop your wings, slap as much threat as you can on him. Blow everything you've got

I've never lost agg on him when I do the fight this way. But, I'm not sure if the same trick works on heroic.

For the main topic, I love Heroic Mech for badges. Even with the latest badge nerf I still couldn't think anywhere else would be as easy.
Garov

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:05 pm

Stylaan wrote:Slave Pens - ~25 minutes 3 badges
Ramparts - ~25 minutes 3 badges
Shattered Halls - ~45 minutes 5 badges
Mechanar First Half - ~15 minutes 2 badges
Black Morass - ~35 minutes 3 badges

If SP takes you 25 minutes, why wouldn't a full mech take you the same amount of time? Why does BM take you so long?

Just curious.

I prefer Ubog to SP because there's an extra badge and it takes around 30 minutes as well, if you pull multiple packs at once in hallway before the dude with the bear. Also kind of gathering sporegarr rep for the exalted pet :)

I like doing mech because it's 5 shards + void or two.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Exodius » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:20 pm

Garov wrote:
kaisaa wrote:Wow, everyone rating SH very high. I tried it the other day and it was going along well until we got to the two head ogre boss. Could not down him. He would switch targets and two shot my clothies.

I found a handy tip for him many moons ago on this board. Unfortunately I don't remember the source so I can't properly give credit to where it's due. I've never tried Heroic Shat Halls but this always works on regular difficulty:
Start the fight normally, maintaning agg but don't go balls to the wall. Try to barely hold the agg. Reserve whatever mana you can. Judge Crusader on him and cruise.
When he switches to "phase 2" THEN pop your wings, slap as much threat as you can on him. Blow everything you've got

I've never lost agg on him when I do the fight this way. But, I'm not sure if the same trick works on heroic.

For the main topic, I love Heroic Mech for badges. Even with the latest badge nerf I still couldn't think anywhere else would be as easy.

This trick with the ogre boss in Shattered Halls does indeed work for heroic. I tried coasting along at the start of the fight, telling every to take it easy...

He never even bothered to switch. Man, I wish he always did that. :roll:

As for Mech, I find that the attention span riddled 13 year olds struggle to think past the immediate rewards. As the tempest keep destroyers hit like bricks and the hallway run to the male boss is a pain, most people just skip it.

Plain old frustrating. I sure would love a suneater. :(
Exodius

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics