Remove Advertisements

[10] Alone In The Darkness

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Alone In The Darkness

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:04 am

Crazy thought: Would it be worth leaving your ranged DPS on the brain below so that they don't have to turn every few seconds? I guess you'd have to work out the last portals, though, since normally melee take them.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:08 am

moduspwnens wrote:Crazy thought: Would it be worth leaving your ranged DPS on the brain below so that they don't have to turn every few seconds? I guess you'd have to work out the last portals, though, since normally melee take them.

What would you do with the crushers above?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:16 am

Dorvan wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Crazy thought: Would it be worth leaving your ranged DPS on the brain below so that they don't have to turn every few seconds? I guess you'd have to work out the last portals, though, since normally melee take them.

What would you do with the crushers above?

Well, on the last "get in the portals and stun him" phase, it generally doesn't take very long for our melee to hop in the portals and stun him. I'd assume that the melee could be cleaning up Corrupter tentacles during that time until the stun goes off, and then the Crushers are safe to DPS as well.

I'm just throwing the idea out there, though. I have no idea if it'd work or not.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:50 am

Errr, can you continue to hit the brain inside the illusion to get damage time in during phase 3?

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:55 am

Splug wrote:Errr, can you continue to hit the brain inside the illusion to get damage time in during phase 3?

-Splug

I think so. That's basically what Exodus did, except healed down there (evading the mobs) instead of DPSing. I don't think any shennanigans were necessary.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:34 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Splug wrote:Errr, can you continue to hit the brain inside the illusion to get damage time in during phase 3?

-Splug

I think so. That's basically what Exodus did, except healed down there (evading the mobs) instead of DPSing. I don't think any shennanigans were necessary.
You can stand in the room, that's correct.

My question is, does the target stay there to keep hitting it, or does it despawn/go immune?

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:56 pm

It despawns.
Or more exactly goes up in the air out of range, then despawn, merges with yogg i guess.
You can dps him for a few more sec after 30%, Weve had the boss on 25% when we came back up, you cant stay there and ranged dps the brain at all times tho.
Treck

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Yeah, the brain doesn't stay attackable.

We're still split into two fairly even camps on whether the number of beacons is health based or completely RNG. It's just so difficult to test. You'll notice that in the video we got two beacons all three times.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Seems like it's two every time, unless there's only one at low health (such as at the start).

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Seems like it's two every time, unless there's only one at low health (such as at the start).

-Splug

I know for a fact that you can get 2 beacons if all the adds are at full hp. Add hp doesnt appear to affect the number of beacons, nor the target. Look at the Stars 25-man clip. Full hp adds were getting beaconed.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Falibard » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:48 am

Good movie. Would watch again.

Although you get no cookies for that cloud dodging move until you do it while tanking adds =P
Falibard

Postby Corpsicle » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Awesome video :)
Corpsicle

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:46 pm

So... We just tried Alone in the Darkness for the first time and one-shot it. I screwed up the first Beacon but it didn't seem to matter as I got the next two. Really fun fight, I think the biggest reason for our success was our class comp:

Unholy DK (Tank)
Holy Paladin (Healer)
Hunter
Fire Mage
Affliction Warlock
Combat Rogue
2x Retribution Paladin
Feral Druid
Enhancement Shaman

Rogue and both rets spamming AoE on the pile (mobs on top of Yogg), every beacon the tank runs out and I taunt one of the beacons way out to the side. When it resolves, everyone runs back in.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Treck wrote:It despawns.
Or more exactly goes up in the air out of range, then despawn, merges with yogg i guess.
You can dps him for a few more sec after 30%, Weve had the boss on 25% when we came back up, you cant stay there and ranged dps the brain at all times tho.

Um, when a hunter ports out, his pet definitely keeps attacking something down there if the hunter stay's near enough yoggs body outside to not make the pet despawn from distance. I'm not sure whether you can have the pet doing it the whole time though, since there are usually good reasons to move out of range.

Finally reading this thread again, thanks for the pix Brekkie :D Although you are a bit overclothed for the situation.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:50 pm

So....25-man version doesnt even remotely compare to 10-man version, or to 1-light yog. The difference is so rediculously huge. UGH.

I feel we made some progress. After a whole night of work on it we were actually living to the first Empowering Shadows, the easy first one with only 3, yet with the whole raid teetering on the brink of going insane.
Clearly theres a ton that needs to be cleaned up.
><

Finally reading this thread again, thanks for the pix Brekkie Although you are a bit overclothed for the situation.

/blush
Joanadark

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon