Farming SteamWheedle cartel rep.

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Farming SteamWheedle cartel rep.

Postby masterpoobaa » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:06 pm

HI guys, me again!

So i got my Bloodsail rep to revered. tizz very nice.
problem is im at fully hated with all 4 steamwheedle cartel reps (obviously).
I remember reading something about a place where you could farm venture bay guys to get back steamwheedle rep - without damaging ones bloodsail rep.

Anyone know where that is?
Im at the Venture Co. Base camp in stranglethorn (42,20) near ZG. but the mobs dont respawn nearly quickly enough
Any other suggestions?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Farming SteamWheedle cartel rep.

Postby Zalaria » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:42 pm

There's about 10 spawns of Venture Co. Evacuee on a boat in grizzly hills (the one with the element for the pvp daily). They seem to be on a forced spawn, so two of us had almost continuous killing for 5 booty bay rep per kill (+2.5 spillover to the others).
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Bring friends. Bring a raid, and you'll make several thousand rep an hour.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:42 am

There are 2 repeatable quests in Feralas that will give you steemwheedle cartel rep. They both come from the goblin on the western beach. they are infinitely repeatable, I don't know if you can interact with him if you are hated with the other factions, as I just broke down and got bloodsail admiral on thursday.
Shoju

Postby Zalaria » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:58 am

Shoju wrote:There are 2 repeatable quests in Feralas that will give you steemwheedle cartel rep. They both come from the goblin on the western beach. they are infinitely repeatable, I don't know if you can interact with him if you are hated with the other factions, as I just broke down and got bloodsail admiral on thursday.

Those quests are good for all of 25 rep to each faction. With the time spent to finish them you'd be better off going to DM (this guy's quests) or just grinding somewhere.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:48 am

According to Wiwwiki ( http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Insane ), you can do it by farming the grizzly hills guys, or the non-affiliated pirates in various places. Get a group, and spam-kill the grizzly hills folks, I guess.

Steamweedle Cartel

Things are getting tough, you now have to increase your Steamwheedle Cartel reputation to exalted without ruining your Bloodsail Buccaneers reputation.

You can achieve that either by killing pirates, but most of them do not give you reputation in exalted[3][4], and it would require an extreme amount of kills to achieve so (Assuming that you require 84000 reputation to hit exalted, you'd have to farm around 16800 mobs, and then again, you'd have to farm more, since some mobs don't give reputation with certain cities).

The best way to do so is to run Dire Maul which of course is needed for Shen'dralar reputation too. Begin running Dire Maul and complete [60] Free Knot! and [60] The Gordok Ogre Suit. Assuming the best of luck to you with dropping [Gordok Shackle Key] (the item required for Free Knot!) each time, you'll require around 200 runs in Dire Maul to become exalted with the cartel. This should take at least 60 hours to complete, due to Blizzard's 'Five Instances per Hour' rule. Be sure not to reset Dire Maul until at least 12 minutes have passed, or you may find yourself locked out for a while.

An alternative to the Dire Maul runs is to farm Venture Trading Company mobs, preferably in Grizzly Hills. Each kill should yield either 2 or 3 reputation with Everlook and Gadgetzan, and 5 for Booty Bay. It will take 33,600 kills to get Exalted with each of the goblin towns, but if you manage to get 10 kills per minute, this grind will only take you 56 hours to complete. This course, however will grant you no reputation for the Shen'dralar.
Kelaan

Return to General Strats