A good Bar MOd

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby Marle » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:57 pm

Bind it to MouseButton4!
Marle

Postby Modelface » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:47 pm

Sielanas wrote:Bartender. I use 4 bars centered, 85% size and one vertical bar on the right for pots/trinkets/misc.

I use bartender too but I have replaced my vertical bar on the right with AutoBar.

It takes all the crap you have in your bags like quest items, pots, food, drink, etc. and dynamically adds them to a bar that can be placed anywhere on the screen.

Then you can bind a key to use your highest level pot, your best food, your mount, etc.. It handles auras too, although I prefer using the bartender aura bar.

When you get new food or pots it will automatically update the bar so you never have to drag things from your bags onto a bar.

I LOVE IT.

http://files.wowace.com/AutoBar/AutoBar.zip
Modelface

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:56 pm

Wow half a meg zipped?

Not that that's going to keep me from installing it -- mine broke at last patch and I miss it lots.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Zhalseran » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:25 am

I used to use trinity, but it bugged out on me and I was too lazy to figure out how to fix it. Just imagine spending 30 minutes setting up your bars, and when you go to use seal of righteousness, its really Blessing of Protection.

I used Zbars for a while, they are really simple, but I think they or outdated, or the version I had was. It got Lua errors whenever I moused over something, so there were no tooltips and I had to tuen Lua errors off.

Now I use Bartender. It seems to do everything I need just fine, and its still simple to use.
Zhalseran

Postby Bige » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:24 am

I use Bartender3 as well. Some people have suggested Trinity, and it's pretty awesome, but not as easy to set up as Bartender3 I found and has functions I'll just never use.
Bige

Postby DamnLag » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:00 pm

Another vote for Bartender3 8)
Batteries not included.
DamnLag

Postby guillex » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:01 pm

DamnLag wrote:Another vote for Bartender3 8)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Aalryn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:53 pm

DamnLag wrote:Another vote for Bartender3 8)

i dont like it.. but i use it :/ I can't wait until something better comes along.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby ehly » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:30 am

I'm a bit set in my ways. The first bar mod I found that I liked is still the one I use the most. CT_Barmod/CT_BottomBar. Its about the only thing of theirs I still use anymore. I tried bartender3 I does have many nice options, but I still like the CTbars. I especially like the build in keybinding that is directly in their bar menu. Saves a step for me, and makes it easy to keep track of those keybinding.

I try to cut back my mods and everytime I do I wind up installing something else. :(
ehly

Postby Zappbranigan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:03 pm

Bartender3 is easily managed updated with the WowAceUpdater utility, since it is an Ace shared library mod. I use it along with a massive amount of keybindings.
Zappbranigan

Postby Nirohd » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:43 pm

Personally, I hate the way the default UI lays out several frames (god, my bags and bank!) so I've already got a frame modifier loaded. Depending on how capable your choice of frame modifier is, you can do some pretty nifty things with the default actionbars and just moving 'em around, without adding any extra memory stress that you didn't already have to do to fix the hideousness of default bank bags. :P
Nirohd

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros