Soloing Kara Bosses

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Soloing Kara Bosses

Postby Chicken » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:39 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Big bad wolf is just silly. made small almost constantly, and feered when normal size.
Big Bad Wolf is doable enough, though it definitely takes some patience. While you can't cast Divine Shield or Hand of Protection while being into little red riding hood, they do make you immune to being afflicted by the debuff, and the Big Bad Wolf casts it on a pretty steady timer. If you use Divine Shield or Hand of Protection ~5 seconds after you've last been turned into Little Red Riding Hood, you can skip the debuff once every two minutes, which gets you a good chance to both heal up and do some actual damage.

Unrelated to the above, I have trouble doing the chess event solo in Karazhan, do most people get in help for getting past it, or am I missing something when it comes to soloing it? I swap pieces semi-regularly, and they seem to usually repeat whatever action you last did with them, but I still don't really get anything killed before the king piece ends up dying.
Chicken

Postby kywirelessguy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Hop in one of the healers and heal him up!

I haven't tried chess solo. In fact I can't get past opera (no oz yet), but Attunemn/Moroes/Maiden are cakewalks.

I went in with a healer buddy thinking we'd wipe out he Philanthropists after opera, but alas, no loot on them at all anymore. They didn't just nerf the 10g drops they wiped out all drops. :(
kywirelessguy

Postby Tropicana » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:54 pm

Wow, they removed the philanthropist gold? I farmed them nonstop using auto unstuck through the back door, to get "got my mind on my money: 25,0000g". As long as opera wasn't cleared, they would respawn every half hour.
Tropicana

Postby SellassieTanks » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:25 am

My silly block set finally has a true purpose (besides facepounding helpless lil allies)....
Honestly, w/ my block set I can't imagine there is a single boss in Kara I can't solo...gonna work on a full clear next week. ESPECIIALY IF ALL RAID INSTANCES CRASH LIKE LAST NIGHT! Damn you Blizz..one week of full raid schedule isnt too much to ask for a 2mos span...now is it?!?!?!
SellassieTanks

Postby Vindicated » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Curator still going to be really hard, don't think hatefuls can be blocked
Vindicated

Postby Tropicana » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:54 pm

SellassieTanks wrote:I can't imagine there is a single boss in Kara I can't solo

Aran
Although I would have liked to give it a shot as ret before I quit. Might have actually been doable.
Tropicana

Postby Chicken » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:34 am

Tropicana wrote:
SellassieTanks wrote:I can't imagine there is a single boss in Kara I can't solo

Aran
Although I would have liked to give it a shot as ret before I quit. Might have actually been doable.
It is doable yes. Both Seal and Judgement of Light along with Art of War procs should just barely be good enough to keep yourself up, use Hammer of Justice on Arcane Missiles when you can (Since it's the most damaging of his spells), and use Divine Shield when he summons his Elementals, that'll neatly gather them up around you for you to kill, they only have a bit over 10k health so die fairly quickly.

Obviously depends a bit on your level of gear, in my case it's a mix of naxx-25 and ulduar-10 gear for Ret.
Chicken

Postby Argali » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Curator adds? They do magic damage.

And chess is soloable, rogues with ENG were using rocket boots and vanish to stealth to chess, then Blizz made more mobs see through stealth.
Argali

Postby Belloc » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Curator is hard.
Belloc

Postby Crya » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Chicken wrote:
masterpoobaa wrote:Big bad wolf is just silly. made small almost constantly, and feered when normal size.
Big Bad Wolf is doable enough, though it definitely takes some patience. While you can't cast Divine Shield or Hand of Protection while being into little red riding hood, they do make you immune to being afflicted by the debuff, and the Big Bad Wolf casts it on a pretty steady timer. If you use Divine Shield or Hand of Protection ~5 seconds after you've last been turned into Little Red Riding Hood, you can skip the debuff once every two minutes, which gets you a good chance to both heal up and do some actual damage.

Unrelated to the above, I have trouble doing the chess event solo in Karazhan, do most people get in help for getting past it, or am I missing something when it comes to soloing it? I swap pieces semi-regularly, and they seem to usually repeat whatever action you last did with them, but I still don't really get anything killed before the king piece ends up dying.

Used the tactic from this video and got it on second try.
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=39533
Crya

Postby Chicken » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:13 am

Crya wrote:Used the tactic from this video and got it on second try.
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=39533
Lots of thanks for that video, did that make things a lot more doable. My mistake was assuming that the movement rules for standard chess applied, and so that only the "knight" pieces could move over other pieces.
Chicken

Postby sublimated » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:17 am

Hell yeah, Curator down! \o/

sublimated

Postby kywirelessguy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:00 pm

strategy, gear?

I was running out of time last week when I finally got oz at opera and was able to continue. By the time I got through trash I only got to pull curator once. I got owned pretty fast, I was wearing full prot gear and trying to kill the sparks when they popped, I very quickly got behind and died in short order.

Tips would be appreciated.
kywirelessguy

Postby sublimated » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:13 pm

kywirelessguy wrote:strategy, gear?

I was running out of time last week when I finally got oz at opera and was able to continue. By the time I got through trash I only got to pull curator once. I got owned pretty fast, I was wearing full prot gear and trying to kill the sparks when they popped, I very quickly got behind and died in short order.

Tips would be appreciated.

I had 3 pieces of the lvl 70 Enchanted Admantite Set (Think all except the legs) and put the Wyrmrest arcane resist head enchant on an old helm I don't use anymore + a flask of chromatic wonder. All up had around 28k health and 205 arcane resist.

First I tried to do it with SoR to kill the sparks quicker. Whilst the sparks were dying quicker I found that I wasn't doing enough damage to curator, so I ran back and reset him.

Then I tried the same with SoV to keep ticks of vengeance ticking and proccing off HoR whilst killing the sparks, making sure to save JoL's for the sparks so I could regen some health while taking them down and always keeping sacred shield up.

You'll get low on health, so save LoH as much as you can, other than that just get the sparks out asap and nudge him down bit by bit when he regens mana (forgot what the ability's called lol, was it evocation?)

It's not too hard, but certainly gave me lots of toruble until I had the arcane resist gear up.

Good luck! :D
sublimated

Postby Crya » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:10 pm

sublimated wrote:First I tried to do it with SoR to kill the sparks quicker. Whilst the sparks were dying quicker I found that I wasn't doing enough damage to curator, so I ran back and reset him.

Then I tried the same with SoV to keep ticks of vengeance ticking and proccing off HoR whilst killing the sparks, making sure to save JoL's for the sparks so I could regen some health while taking them down and always keeping sacred shield up.
Can you please tell me how much DPS were you doing? I can survive him but it seems like I hit the enrage timer he put some debuff which increases arcane damage taken by 500%.

Also finally killed Aran after I got some new retri items.
Crya

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats