Star Wars; Old Republic

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Postby Vanifae » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:14 am

Scoundrel is ranged based with a system for cover. If you watch in the video you can see the scoundrel running and the UI showing places for the Scoundrel to take cover and fire from.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Arnock » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:01 am

I really wasn't a big fan of the KotOR combat style, queing up abilities and waiting for them to hit was just plain meh.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Chicken » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 pm

I just hope Astromech Droids will be one of the playable classes. T3-M4 was clearly KotOR's most awesome character.
Chicken

Postby Aalryn » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Ok .. I'm not going to lie. I was kind of on the fence between this game and FF14. I'm still going to play ff14, but i'm freaking excited about this game now.

There is nothing I hate more than doing the exact same quests for every class you level up. Having a completely different storyline even half as in depth as they claim will be absolutely amazing. Also having not only choices, but choices in the conversation that matter (conan had choices, but they led to the same end), will be amazing.

If they can keep the story line as enveloping as conan was for the first 20 levels and keep that going for the entire game.... yea i'm excited.

If anyone can do it, bioware can. I don't know a single bad bioware game (similar to how I don't know a single bad blizzard game)
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:22 pm

Well thats quite a awsome feature , dark side/light side anyone? :P
Io.Draco

Postby Arnock » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:24 am

I honestly think that this game will be one of the first true contenders to WoW. Most MMOs that have come out recently, although were fun, were too similar to wow to draw much of a market. Sure they had unique components, but overall, the games have been roughly wow-like in game mechanics and whatnot.
Arnock

Postby Aalryn » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:31 pm

I hope they don't try to contend with wow. I hope they just make the game as good as it can be and release a completely finished product or as close to that as possible. You can't go saying it's the "wow killer" like every other game to come out and expect it to actually be that. Too many people will pick it apart for every place it differs or is similar to wow.

Just make a good game with a captivating story. PvP for the people who enjoy that. Raids for the people who enjoy that. Overall just come out with the best game they can and don't release it until it is up to Bioware's standards. They have good ones.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:37 pm

I honestly belive this game will give Blizzard a run for their money , for a couple of reasons :

1:) Its fucking starwars
2) Its KOTOR storyline , there are THOUSANDS of people who want to continue the story
3) Its made a by a very good company
Io.Draco

Postby ulushnar » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:35 pm

I believe it's going to have an awesome levelling story. I'm thinking "first twenty levels of AoC all the way to the level cap" good. It's the endgame that concerns me.

I can't believe a company when they say "we want to remove the grind from our MMO". What they mean is they want to remove it from the levelling portion of it. There's no way to remove the grind from the endgame, unless they somehow launch a new scenario every week.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Sputterduck » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:59 am

When I read that the different classes will have completely different quest and and location experiences, my God, I think I had heart palpitations of joy. I cannot fully express the agony of leveling up another WoW toon doing the same quests I have done so many times before...
"experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
Sputterduck

Postby Barathorn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:10 am

I'll be trying it simply because Bioware produce good games.

Might also be cool to hook up on the same server as some other Wow Players from these forums as well.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby anthony » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 am

Our own Maintankadin jedi order! that would srsly pwn probably.
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby VikrumthePally » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:16 am

Lightbeard wrote:I enjoyed Kotors fighitng style a lot I absolutely hated Mass Effect though

Not to derail an amazing thread on an amazing game. But I really have to speak up here.

I too hated ME the first time I played it. (360). But when I "found" the game for the computer I said heck I will give this another try.

It is simply one of the best games I have ever played. Ever!

I don't think it's due to the port either, granted it did improve on a few things, the game is just slap smooth good. Just be careful not to get over-whelmed by the amount of story there.
VikrumthePally

Postby VikrumthePally » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:27 am

t gets better. Each of those campaigns is the equivalent of one of the previous KotOR games. A grand adventure for each of the six character classes. Each of those campaigns is fully voiced, with multiple paths (and every dialogue choice is spoken. This is probably the largest voiceover project the games industry has ever undertaken). It’s a big, big, big game.

omg!
VikrumthePally

Postby Arnock » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:38 am

Barathorn wrote:I'll be trying it simply because Bioware produce good games.

Might also be cool to hook up on the same server as some other Wow Players from these forums as well.

go go maintankadin guild
Arnock

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games