Remove Advertisements

Sacred shield. Multiple procs, overlap, and value of talents

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Sacred shield. Multiple procs, overlap, and value of talents

Postby Candiru » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:24 am

4s CD for 4T8 though! And the holy paladins SS will be absorbing quite a lot then.
Candiru

Postby Awyndel » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 am

From mmo champion on PTR:

Sacred Shield: This buff will no longer have any effect if the target is another player engaged in a duel. In addition, the heal from this buff will no longer cause the paladin to stand, and it is no longer possible for two paladins to both have the spell active on one target.

Does this mean it's now useless to spec into it if you have a holy paladin in the raid?
Awyndel

Postby Corpsicle » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:17 am

The more I think about this change the more annoyed I am with it. Bliz is making it so you can have multiple Beacons on a target and they are making flash of light add a hot effect on its target, only if its target has sacred shield on them. I think I remeber reading that it is supposed to apply the hot regardless of whether it is your sacred shield buff or not but I haven't tested this on the ptr to see if it is actually working that way yet or not.

From a tanking p.o.v. if there are at least as many targets taking damage as you have total # of paladins, then yes there is still a point in taking the talent. You just may not be mitigating your own damage with your sacred shield, depending on healing assignments and specs of the other paladins. If you have more paladins in raid than there are targets taking damage, then Divine Guardian becomes much less attractive from a MT point of view as you have enough paladins to cover Sacred Shielding everyone. At that point I'd base taking Divine Guardian or not around whether or not you get to use Divine Sacrifice that much in a raid setting.

I likely will put the points in Divine Guardian still - my ten man doesn't have a holy paladin in it and any fight where there is raid damage is a good fight to use my sacred shield on someone, even if it isn't me.
Corpsicle

Postby honorshammer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am

Corpsicle wrote:I likely will put the points in Divine Guardian still - my ten man doesn't have a holy paladin in it and any fight where there is raid damage is a good fight to use my sacred shield on someone, even if it isn't me.

I could see me respecing often again. DG in the build for our 10mans if we don't have a Holy Paladin coming, DG out for our 25 mans or if the Holy is coming. Ugh.
honorshammer

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Frankly, I don't see myself dropping this talent except as a last resort, in either my ret or tanking specs. The improved Divine Sacrifice is worth it in SO many places. As for rendering a holy paladin useless ... I don't think so. This lets you keep a SS on yourself, and the holy paladin can then put it on someone else: another tank, another healer, etc.
Kelaan

Postby serrasin » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:53 pm

Im going to speak it over with my holy paladin [yes, MY holy paladin] and see how she feels about it.

I may swap to the following build. I have been wanting to have a 20s hoj for a while. Now if only it had an interrupt component.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAMuMusIufdtsMobc
serrasin

Postby Dantriges » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Kelaan wrote:Frankly, I don't see myself dropping this talent except as a last resort, in either my ret or tanking specs. The improved Divine Sacrifice is worth it in SO many places. As for rendering a holy paladin useless ... I don't think so. This lets you keep a SS on yourself, and the holy paladin can then put it on someone else: another tank, another healer, etc.

Question is if 30% would be enough in most cases or not.
Dantriges

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents