Remove Advertisements

[25] Chamber Overseers before Kolo/IC

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Chamber Overseers before Kolo/IC

Postby Ocin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Is there a trick to the Chamber Overseers before Kologarn and Iron Council?
Ocin

Re: [25] Chamber Overseers before Kolo/IC

Postby Ocin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Ocin wrote:Is there a trick to the Chamber Overseers before Kologarn and Iron Council?

found this thread on tankspot:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f214/494 ... seers.html
Ocin

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:13 pm

The shout is a frontal cone, and he casts it right after jumping. People need to pay attention and get out from in front of him when he leaps, that's all. The lightning orb thingy causes relatively few deaths if people dodge the shouts.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sephirothian » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:48 pm

My group normally spreads out in the room right before to minimize the lightning orbs damage. Like what PsiVen said
PsiVen wrote:The shout is a frontal cone, and he casts it right after jumping. People need to pay attention and get out from in front of him when he leaps....
Other than this it is relatively easy.

If you are like my group we also skip the group of 3 at the bottom of the stairs and the other overseer on the right by huggin the left side of the staircase and going straight to Kolo. Yay saving like 2 minutes :lol:
Sephirothian

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Ocin wrote:
Ocin wrote:Is there a trick to the Chamber Overseers before Kologarn and Iron Council?

found this thread on tankspot:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f214/494 ... seers.html

just out of curiosity, what does the thread say?
I'd check myself but unfortunately I can't.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:23 pm

There actually is a secret to them, and I'm quite impressed that not only was it not mentioned on Tankspot, but not here yet either. I feel quite clever for noticing myself.

Anyway, the trick is that the jump and shout timers are not linked, and he can only jump to targets in LoS. What does this actually mean? Each Chamber Overseer (including Algalon's, actually) has a pretty nice wall to LoS behind after a pull. Pull, then LoS around the wall and force him to walk over to you. Now his jump timer is a few seconds after his shout timer rather than immediately before. The net result is that he'll shout at you, then jump off and run back. This offset should continue to be the same, too, as long as you keep him in LoS.

Oh, and in case you don't already, this means pulling them before the pack on Kologarn's stairs is preferable (so that nobody is in LoS to jump to until he gets to the tank). You'll still have to deal with the cube or whatever, but that's a pretty small deal with the other mechanic trivialized.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby doteh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:20 am

We have a slightly odd strat, but it works perfectly for us. The overseer cant leap people that aren't in combat but the orbs can drift to them - in fact they seem to prefer people at range. So we have someone stand at max range(there seems to be a sweetspot) and do nothing, all the orbs drift to him and despawn the rest of the raid are hugging his ass so every shout hits only me. Found this completely by accident when someone went afk.

Hope that helps.
doteh

Postby Mert » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:00 am

Sephirothian wrote:If you are like my group we also skip the group of 3 at the bottom of the stairs and the other overseer on the right by huggin the left side of the staircase and going straight to Kolo. Yay saving like 2 minutes :lol:

If your raid is really careful you can bring the stairs group into the room and then avoid both overseers on your way to Kologarn. Then do some Keepers and come back when the left Overseer has despawned. 4 minutes saved, woot! :D
Mert

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:23 am

Mert wrote:
Sephirothian wrote:If you are like my group we also skip the group of 3 at the bottom of the stairs and the other overseer on the right by huggin the left side of the staircase and going straight to Kolo. Yay saving like 2 minutes :lol:

If your raid is really careful you can bring the stairs group into the room and then avoid both overseers on your way to Kologarn. Then do some Keepers and come back when the left Overseer has despawned. 4 minutes saved, woot! :D

Indeed. You don't even need to pull that 3 mob group on the stairs in 10 man. We just pull the left Overseer on our way to IC, then you can just hug the left and walk right past them on your way to Kologarn.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Aubade » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:47 am

moduspwnens wrote:Indeed. You don't even need to pull that 3 mob group on the stairs in 10 man. We just pull the left Overseer on our way to IC, then you can just hug the left and walk right past them on your way to Kologarn.

Yes, but.

WHAT ABOUT THE PHAT TRASHH LEWTZ
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby fafhrd » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:14 am

This is all being overly complicated.

He won't jump at all if everyone is standing in melee range of him (or just outside melee range, viz. hunters).

He might or might not shout, but it'll only hit the tank since he's never moving/turning.

Aoe heal through the orb damage.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Jtree » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:46 am

fafhrd wrote:This is all being overly complicated.

He won't jump at all if everyone is standing in melee range of him (or just outside melee range, viz. hunters).

He might or might not shout, but it'll only hit the tank since he's never moving/turning.

Aoe heal through the orb damage.

This. In my raid, 24 people stack at the bottom of the staircase leading up to where the overseers are. I pull and run him back, he'll shout about the time he's standing next to the group, but the frontal cone is already past them. A ret pally Bubbles/Divine Sacrifices when the orb pops, and the big guy's usually dead before the second one comes. If not, half the DPS dies and are mocked for not killing him fast enough.

It's always a great laugh to the raid leaders when he spawns an orb right as he dies, and everyone just stands there. :lol:
Jtree

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon