Remove Advertisements

[25] Freya: Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Freya: Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:51 am

I wouldn't, that can cause her to deep breathe more.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:26 am

Does the seed bug exist in 25 as well? I've only seen it happen in 10, where there are few enough roots that the mechanic is a joke anyway.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:46 am

there have been times when no seeds spawn, at all but they always ALWAYS do come when someone on vent says "hey where are the bombs". It's a guaranteed fact that she will use them in less than 5s when someone notices they aren't there.

Doesn't she regen mana fast enough that mana burning her won't do any good? Haven't tried it tho.
Seloei

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:56 am

From what we managed to come up with it seems she sometimes buggs out and doesnt really properly enter P2, its just P1 without adds and stacks.
And it seems to occur in both 10 and 25man for us.
Treck

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:31 am

For one attempt, during phase 1, while repositioning her, she didn't quite walk all the way over to me, but just stopped moving. She was still casting roots and sunbeams, but was standing JUST outside of melee range, so she wasn't hitting me. As long as I didn't move (I could still cast spells), she'd just stand there. We ended up wiping for other reasons, but it was kinda neat not having to hide under mushrooms or deal with her physical damage.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Falibard » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:54 pm

moduspwnens wrote:For one attempt, during phase 1, while repositioning her, she didn't quite walk all the way over to me, but just stopped moving. She was still casting roots and sunbeams, but was standing JUST outside of melee range, so she wasn't hitting me. As long as I didn't move (I could still cast spells), she'd just stand there. We ended up wiping for other reasons, but it was kinda neat not having to hide under mushrooms or deal with her physical damage.

Sounds like an exploit. Stop exploiting. =P
Falibard

Postby itankforcash » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:16 am

We could reallly use some help for the Big tree/mushroom phase.

At the moment it's pretty RNG, we get good mushrooms = everyone is in range for healers, we get bad mushrooms = someone will prob die from being oor from a healer.

We can't control this, any special tactic some guilds use for this?

Also a tip we use for detonating lashers which we tested out yesterday and it's a lot more safer in my opinion than aoe taunting them and cc'ing them.

We make 4 DPS groups with a class who can taunt, for example we use;

Me (who is on add tanking anyway, so no big deal)
Ret Pala
Feral Druid
Arms warr

We assign positions north, south, east and west of the boss for each tank.

We assign 3 dps to my group, 2 with the ret pala(since he counts as a dps), 2 with the feral druid(same as before) and 3 with the Arms warr(since he needs to be in def stance to taunt and will prob not have enough rage to drop them fast enough) Also, the spare dps will be on Gift/Roots Duty.

Than we assign a healer for each group since some of the DPS (primarily melee) will take explosion damage

Than when the phase starts, we aoe them down to about 20-30% and than move into position asap, we have about 25-30 seconds by this time to clear up the adds, which with 4 dying every time the group leaders taunt, we are usually always on top of it, the healers have enough time to heal up there group since we should only have 1-2 melee per group anyway who should maybe take explosion damage.

Anyone else tried this way of handling it? We only practiced it last night with 2 elders up and it worked like a charm, no one dead that phase(we killed the ground tremor elder which only gives extra damage on freya anyway) so the phase should only be a minor hp difference with 3 elders.
itankforcash

Postby Splug » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:44 am

itankforcash wrote:Anyone else tried this way of handling it? We only practiced it last night with 2 elders up and it worked like a charm, no one dead that phase(we killed the ground tremor elder which only gives extra damage on freya anyway) so the phase should only be a minor hp difference with 3 elders.
That's an interesting strategy I haven't seen suggested before. Keep in mind with the extra elder you'll also have to watch out for a ground tremor firing while you're cleaning them up. One lasher explosion is enough to be lethal for most classes in conjunction with a ground tremor. Pretty much, the whole fight in 3-elder is about preventing anything else from happening during ground tremor, since the damage spike from it is enough to make the normally mediocre splash damage push people over the edge. Since roots and nature's fury are clearly marked, they can be combatted with PWS - there's not much else you can do.

Our conservator strategy involves splitting the raid into a few groups, and using cardinal directions relative to the conservator. Freya is stacked on top of him, to keep trees in range of the mushrooms. We have a dedicated nature's fury healer, who always stays in the west with a diamond on him. Anyone with NF has to go west, find the diamond, and stand in range to get healed while also remaining far enough to not zap him. If that means standing out in BFE without a mushroom and just standing there, it's better than dying. It's still subject to problems if all we get are shrooms in the SE area, but it works most of the time. The hard part is burning him down before the next wave is already up, which we just accept is going to occasionally not happen in time.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:00 pm

We use roughly the strat Splug described for conservator phase, but we run with 4 total paladins for this fight (2 holy, ret, prot), and freely use DSac and Aura Mastery through the conservator phase. Aura mastery strips off the pacify effect, which helps deal with iffy mushroom positioning, or unfortunately placed roots/trees, and DSac through the ground tremor just helped us clean it up, since otherwise Nature's Fury had a bad habit of killing someone. There isn't really another phase that rewards using DSac or aura mastery anyway, the 3pack can be completely controlled with stuns through ground tremor, and the detonating lashers is the freebie phase.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Since roots and nature's fury are clearly marked, they can be combatted with PWS - there's not much else you can do.

BoP. Ground Tremor is a physical damage effect. BoP on the Natures Fury target is pro.
Also, as mentioned above, Aura Mastery Concentration Aura works against the pacify effect by the Conservator. Normally we have me, the third paladin in the raid with AM, use mine for the beginning of each Conservator phase to allow much greater flexibility for the raid to get in position and move everything around to adjust to the emerging mushroom positions. The conservator casts the pacify effect as the first thing he does when he spawns, and it's something like a 4 second cast. I just use AM right as his cast is completing.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Splug » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:34 am

We're burning BoP to cover for the referred damage on sacrifice, since divine shield doesn't come off cooldown fast enough to use every time. The rotation our paladins use is convoluted, but they can actually get every ground tremor if she cooperates at all. Usually she doesn't, so we skip the lasher zerg tremors to let forebearance cooldowns fade.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Nifty
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Falibard wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:For one attempt, during phase 1, while repositioning her, she didn't quite walk all the way over to me, but just stopped moving.

Sounds like an exploit. Stop exploiting. =P

I see this quite a bit, where a mob will bug out and stop meleeing. Always fun when it happens, especially on IC or Hodir.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:27 am

Speaking of bugs, she didn't drop a single bomb when we killed her last week. The result was a kill like 2 minutes ahead of the enrage, so we would have had her easily anyway, but still. She's done this in 10-man multiple times, very inconsistently, and sometimes has just spammed bombs the whole time.

That said, I hate this fight. It's not fun to wipe to combinations of random factors, even if it's our fault for not controlling them well. Firefighter (post-nerf) was an easy repeat kill, but I'm not sure this will be.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby amh » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:36 am

Didn't get a single bomb on last night's kill on 10-man (not even after the inevitable "where are the bombs?"). I don't trust her :/
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon