Remove Advertisements

[DK-PVP] Gemming gear

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[DK-PVP] Gemming gear

Postby DisRuptive1 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Would I gem my gear the same way as I do in PvE (i.e. Strength in red, Stamina in blue, Critical Strike Rating in yellow), do I want hybrid gems with those stats plus resilience, or should I be a resilience whore and gem resilence like BC tanks gemmed stamina?
DisRuptive1

Re: [DK-PVP] Gemming gear

Postby Elsie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:54 pm

1. Get hit cap
2. STR, STR/Stam in general.

Depending on your comp, you may want more resil/stam in 2v2. In 3v3 generally you'll want damage though. DKs are extremely survivable - probably more so than any other class - since they have several 'reduce damage' abilities, snares, interrupts, cc breaks, and ranged silence.
Elsie

Postby crazyharry » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:20 am

If you want to do arena then get your self some spell penetration first, people will say numbers as high as 130 but 75 (2 gems and cloak enchant) is just fine. This will save you the horror of having a vital Strangulate or Mind freeze resisited at the worst possible moment.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Elsie » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:22 pm

crazyharry wrote:If you want to do arena then get your self some spell penetration first, people will say numbers as high as 130 but 75 (2 gems and cloak enchant) is just fine. This will save you the horror of having a vital Strangulate or Mind freeze resisited at the worst possible moment.

Ahh, I forgot about this. I concur, for DKs it's useful to have enough spell penetration to pass Mark of the Wild unless you are playing with a class who can dispel (and even then it's still handy against paladins).
Elsie

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes